NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bikey signs for Burnley

382 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Au Revoir Andre

by Royalwaster » 17 Aug 2009 19:39

The Prisoner I am actually getting quite worried now. 6.5m for Doyle, 3m for Hunt, 1.5 or whatever sell on for Cox, now 2.8 - 3m for Bikey and whatever we get for Harper (2m?). Thats the best part of 16m raised and just 2m spent. No experience left (Ingi?) and no goal threat.

Bikey was a loon, but at this level is a star.

Somebody cheer me up?

The good news is that BR has said he'll bring in 1 or 2 players before the end of the transfer window, well at least maybe. That cheer you up?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Bikey to Marseille ... Burnley

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Aug 2009 20:06

Concerned of lower earley here :cry:

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 17 Aug 2009 20:08

You go to football first to see your side win, secondly to be entertained.
What ever BK was, he sure was entertaining.
There was always a buzz when he got the ball as he was either going to launch it into orbit, pass it out of the stadium, or go on some sort of crazy mazy run and fluff the final ball.
Of course he was a trifle unpredictable when going into the tackle :o

However I think he will be missed as the club is raped further.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Aug 2009 20:37

£2.8m for a player who has not been a regular starter for our side in the 3 season he has been with us. Can't complain about that. The reason he hasn't been a regular is because he isn't reliable.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Aug 2009 21:01

EP reporting a direct quote from HAmmond re: a fee being agreed, so officially no longer a rumour.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2055789_reading_fcs_bikey_to_complete_move_to_burnley_on_tuesday

If Burnley wanted to play him on Wednesday night they'll have to wait until we play Swansea for the formal signing/transfer of registration.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bikey to Burnley fee agreed

by The whole year inn » 17 Aug 2009 21:11

Burnley's games on MOTD have suddenly got a whole load more interesting

But seriously, quite sad at this one.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Aug 2009 21:18

Its Ok we got a 15 year old kid to replace him, because 10 Academy players who played League 2 can just step up to this level :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Aug 2009 21:20

Wycombe Royal £2.8m for a player who has not been a regular starter for our side in the 3 season he has been with us. Can't complain about that. The reason he hasn't been a regular is because he isn't reliable.

And he's an arrogant cock, chereo.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Aug 2009 21:26

Wycombe Royal £2.8m for a player who has not been a regular starter for our side in the 3 season he has been with us. Can't complain about that. The reason he hasn't been a regular is because he isn't reliable.

I can't believe that I find myself agreeing with WR on this. Good bit of business.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 17 Aug 2009 21:31

Mills then Ingimarson then Pearce then Cisse then Bikey: Is he fifth in the pecking order? In that case £2.8 million is a good deal for him.

I really will miss him, becuase he had a swagger aboutt him, but you can't prevent your players chasing premisership football in world cup year. Good luck to him.

(It was pronounced buy-key wasn't it?)

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 17 Aug 2009 21:33

Terminal Boardom Good bit of business.

You can say that about all the players we have signed. However there is no point in doing any 'good business' if we arnt going to oxf*rd replace them.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Aug 2009 21:34

Toon Toon Blue army
Terminal Boardom Good bit of business.

You can say that about all the players we have signed. However there is no point in doing any 'good business' if we arnt going to oxf*rd replace them.

Errr, Matthew Mills?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Aug 2009 21:35

Toon Toon Blue army You can say that about all the players we have signed. However there is no point in doing any 'good business' if we arnt going to oxf*rd replace them.

+1

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 17 Aug 2009 21:38

At the moment, I don't see you have a viable plan, strength in the squad or investing sufficiently in the right areas.... therfore I won't be investing..... IM OUT :shock:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Aug 2009 21:39

Right, a winger, a striker and a defensive mid. All quality and all cost proper money. Plenty of funds, it's no risk.

No excuses about being happy with what we've got. A big test for Brendan, he seems pretty good in the transfer market, now's his time.

Selling Bikey could be a great deal if we use his transfer to add to other areas of the team where we are not as strong.

RR hit the nail on the head (I know I feel dirty too), it's a long term thing, the kids need help though...

Para Handy

Re: Au Revoir Andre

by Para Handy » 17 Aug 2009 21:58

Royal Rother
The Prisoner I am actually getting quite worried now. 6.5m for Doyle, 3m for Hunt, 1.5 or whatever sell on for Cox, now 2.8 - 3m for Bikey and whatever we get for Harper (2m?). Thats the best part of 16m raised and just 2m spent. No experience left (Ingi?) and no goal threat.

Bikey was a loon, but at this level is a star.

Somebody cheer me up?

The club has a long-term plan it is working to.

It has generated a crop of young players who, although lacking experience, have shown great talent, and received rave reviews, during a variety of loan assignments.

It has now recruited a manager who, of all the young coaches in the country, has possibly the best reputation for working with young inexperienced players, evidenced by the rave reviews and great reputation he quickly established at Chelsea.

The club knows it cannot compete by spending big sums on transfer fees so it has decided to give youth its chance and see what happens. By doing this it will save considerable amounts of money against many of the other clubs it is competing with - if it doesn't work, then fine, it will spend a bit on more experienced players, both as loanees and permanent signings later in the season.

It feels that the future of a small club like ours, which does not have a billionaire benefactor, is all about its Academy; but if that is to truly succeed, it has to gain a reputation as a hotbed for the 2nd tier of British talent (those will not get given lucrative contracts by the Big 5 clubs on their 16th birthday) and the only way to achieve that reputation is to give the ones we've got at the moment a chance by playing them. Some experienced heads are needed but not so many that the progress and development of the young players is compromised / blocked as the whole plan would fall apart before it's given a chance. There's a balance to strike as it were, and you can be sure that the Chairman and Manager understand that, but the proper balance may not be acheived until later in the season.

It may not work perfectly, it has its risks, but to my mind it is a plan that has far more going for it than against. The club needs some balls and faith in all concerned to see it through - the supporters need to do their bit by getting and staying behind the team rather than whinging after 2 games, which is, frankly, pathetic

Well, that's my take on it - cheered up a bit?

Yep, pretty much agreed with all that. I can't often be arsed to read the Team Forum, but that's a good post. I'm neither a Madejski fan or an RTG. Just someone who's watched us for nearly 40 years and yes, things look pretty good to me at the moment.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 17 Aug 2009 21:58

This is pathetic-thank f&ck I didn't renew my season ticket. What a total, unmitigated disaster the last 2 seasons have been. I was glad to see the back of Coppell and would be glad to see the back of JM. Bikey is total class, unlike the management at this club.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 17 Aug 2009 21:59

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Right, a winger, a striker and a defensive mid. All quality and all cost proper money. Plenty of funds, it's no risk.

No excuses about being happy with what we've got. A big test for Brendan, he seems pretty good in the transfer market, now's his time.

Selling Bikey could be a great deal if we use his transfer to add to other areas of the team where we are not as strong.

RR hit the nail on the head (I know I feel dirty too), it's a long term thing, the kids need help though...

'Greed.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Aug 2009 22:07

Fire sale continues. We're the footballing equivalent of DFS.

Goodbye to one of our final few remaining players to ever provide any entertainment for my money. Cheers Bikey, you big f*cking nutcase. You have been ocassionally brilliant and ocassionally hilarious.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Aug 2009 22:08

Bristol Paul This is pathetic-thank f&ck I didn't renew my season ticket. What a total, unmitigated disaster the last 2 seasons have been. I was glad to see the back of Coppell and would be glad to see the back of JM. Bikey is total class, unlike the management at this club.

LOL.

382 posts