Back from the Sweden games... well 2 of them

MadStadLad

Back from the Sweden games... well 2 of them

by MadStadLad » 26 Jul 2009 22:28

Great to see a very young looking Reading team in action out here in Sweden and although the opposition was poor reckon there's hope for a decent season ahead.

Jonsered match
Gunnarsson looked in control at Jonsered, Robson-Kanu looked hungry, and poor old Tabb got hacked down throughout the game. Played well though. Got to meet Rodgers who was very friendly, even thanked us for coming!

Tölö match
Not the flow of the previous game and had it not been for Long not sure where the goals would have come from. Thought Bignall looked good and Matejovsky was supreme, great passing. Bikey was a strong presence as always and Jamie Harper likes Jaffa cakes!

My pics from the two games:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40847650@N04/
Last edited by MadStadLad on 26 Jul 2009 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the Sweden games... well 2 of them

by Ian Royal » 26 Jul 2009 22:33

Nice, thank you.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jul 2009 00:39

Cheers nice one.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 27 Jul 2009 01:00

Jumping or Stamping????

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Jul 2009 07:57

MadStadLad Robson-Kanu looked hungry

Interesting. He was looking decidedly well-fed at the Murtymonial the other day.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jul 2009 12:23

PlasticRoyale

Jumping or Stamping????

Looks to me like Bikey's tried to be too clever and got tackled. A more common occurence than stamping.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 27 Jul 2009 17:51

MadStadLad My pics from the two games:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40847650@N04/

Thank you very much for taking and posting the photos. Very well done and nice to see the boys in action.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 27 Jul 2009 21:10

Wonderful pictures, thanks for taking the effort to upload them.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jul 2009 21:28

PlasticRoyale

Jumping or Stamping????

Cracking pic!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Jul 2009 21:48

Good to see the two Die Hard fans-usually see them at away games.
Didn't the fella used to post on here and both are mates of Sun Tzu?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jul 2009 13:05

Interesting to see Mikkel Andersen also adopting the AUS leaning side kick.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 30 Jul 2009 12:00

BR would have learnt a lot about the players and my thoughts are having seen all 3 games;

*Robson-Kanu looks a really exciting prospect and was probably the best player on tour and I see him being above Henry in the pecking order and certainly starting against Forest a week Saturday on the right hand side with Kebe on the left.

*Scott Davies looks to have the all round game with his commitment, tackling, ability to score and could feature heavily in the coming months.

*Harper only got on for the final 35 minutes in the last game but turned the game with his excellent range of passing and his experience. He was constantly communicating with others and played really well after coming on. I would hope he starts come the Forest game.

*Long still looks short of his best form. Although he scored all 4 goals in the Tolo match, he missed more opportunities and didn't get any luck against Qviding.

*Pearce will make a fine captain of RFC, whether it's this season or a couple of years time. He looks to be growing in confidence.

*Good to see Noel Hunt back, whether he can play as the lone striker I'm not 100% convinced but if BR does go with the lone striker, then it's Church > Long in that position.

On Rodgers, I think he'll be the right appointment given the time and hopefully we'll be able to strengthen the squad with more experience. I'm not sure what the majority of expectations are from the majority of fans but I'll be pleased a top 12 finish running nicely alongside a cup run.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Jul 2009 12:04

RG30 BR would have learnt a lot about the players and my thoughts are having seen all 3 games;

*Robson-Kanu looks a really exciting prospect and was probably the best player on tour and I see him being above Henry in the pecking order and certainly starting against Forest a week Saturday on the right hand side with Kebe on the left.

*Scott Davies looks to have the all round game with his commitment, tackling, ability to score and could feature heavily in the coming months.

*Harper only got on for the final 35 minutes in the last game but turned the game with his excellent range of passing and his experience. He was constantly communicating with others and played really well after coming on. I would hope he starts come the Forest game.

*Long still looks short of his best form. Although he scored all 4 goals in the Tolo match, he missed more opportunities and didn't get any luck against Qviding.

*Pearce will make a fine captain of RFC, whether it's this season or a couple of years time. He looks to be growing in confidence.

*Good to see Noel Hunt back, whether he can play as the lone striker I'm not 100% convinced but if BR does go with the lone striker, then it's Church > Long in that position.

On Rodgers, I think he'll be the right appointment given the time and hopefully we'll be able to strengthen the squad with more experience. I'm not sure what the majority of expectations are from the majority of fans but I'll be pleased a top 12 finish running nicely alongside a cup run.

Cheers for that - I've also liked what I've seen of Robson-Kanu and Davies also, should be exciting times. I expect we'll get promoted this season, but that's down to the level of confidence I have in the new management, not what I feel SHOULD happen - it would be a superb achievement rather than attaining what is to be expected.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Jul 2009 12:06

Certainly exciting times. I don't think anyone knows what to expect come the 8th August.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Jul 2009 12:41

Royalee
RG30 BR would have learnt a lot about the players and my thoughts are having seen all 3 games;

Cheers for that - I've also liked what I've seen of Robson-Kanu and Davies also, should be exciting times. I expect we'll get promoted this season, but that's down to the level of confidence I have in the new management, not what I feel SHOULD happen - it would be a superb achievement rather than attaining what is to be expected.

If Brendan Rodgers gets the current squad promoted this season he should be given the freedom of Reading and an Esther Rantzen heart of gold.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Jul 2009 12:56

Alan Partridge
Royalee

If Brendan Rodgers gets the current squad promoted this season he should be given the freedom of Reading and an Esther Rantzen heart of gold.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Jul 2009 13:32

Royalee I expect we'll get promoted this season

:shock:

"if it's up there I'll give you the money meself."

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Jul 2009 15:41

floyd__streete

its like royalee 2008 vs royalee 2009

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 Jul 2009 15:46

brendywendy
floyd__streete

Irrational exuberance >>>>>>> irrational contempt

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Jul 2009 17:17

brendywendy
floyd__streete

?
When I said we wouldn't go back up after saying we'd go down the previous season with you mongs believing in Coppell?