What the Papers Say: Season 09/10 Previews

153 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What the Papers Say: Season 09/10 Previews

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:12

Mark McGhee and Alan Pardew both did more for the club's long term progress than Coppell also.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:17

He admitted he was wrong to drop Karacan and he dropped Pearce at the expense of Duberry who has now ended up at the mighty Wycombe Wanderers which goes to show his level. Kelly started a whole four games, Henry wasn't given any chance especially given how shit both our wingers were and Church was thrown in as a wildcard when Coppell was in the middle of throwing away a playoff second leg.

so they did get chances then
knew i was right........

also-can you see BR admitting to any mistakes that he may make in the future?
i cant.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:19

Royalee Mark McGhee and Alan Pardew both did more for the club's long term progress than Coppell also.

LOL at that
and LOL at you.

yes they built well, and yes their abilities and achievements are tainted by the manner of their departures.
but really, i have to disagree in the strongest possible terms.

especially coming from a man who now regularly praises the abilities of the youth team that was put together by who......?

coppell

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:21

brendywendy
Royalee Mark McGhee and Alan Pardew both did more for the club's long term progress than Coppell also.

LOL at that
and LOL at you.

yes they built well, and yes their abilities and achievements are tainted by the manner of their departures.
but really, i have to disagree in the strongest possible terms.

especially coming from a man who now regularly praises the abilities of the youth team that was put together by who......?

coppell

Hammond, Rodgers and Dolan actually if you did your research and weren't so far up Coppell's backside - why do you think the better academy players are so excited about playing under Rodgers when they had little positive to say about Coppell?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:24

brendywendy
He admitted he was wrong to drop Karacan and he dropped Pearce at the expense of Duberry who has now ended up at the mighty Wycombe Wanderers which goes to show his level. Kelly started a whole four games, Henry wasn't given any chance especially given how shit both our wingers were and Church was thrown in as a wildcard when Coppell was in the middle of throwing away a playoff second leg.

knew i was right........

i cant.

So dropping a player purely because of age and then admitting you were wrong is giving them a chance? How many chances did the more senior pros get when they simply weren't performing for half of last season? You are so blinkered and deluded over how and what Coppell did it's pathetic.

Rodgers has admitted he still has lots to learn in the press and is honest, but you won't be seeing as many admissions from him as he won't make half as many mistakes as Mr 'I don't know what went wrong with my 20 years of experience'.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Aug 2009 16:25

What a tiresome individual this guy is.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:26

your total coppell negativity does you no credit at all
makes you sound like a deranged loser.

at least i am capable of praising rodgers for the good things he does.

i am totally aware of who the coaches were,but that really doesnt mean coppell had no input in their signings or progressions, to say so makes you seem as myopic as you say he was.

also do you refuse to credit coppell for his blooding of these youngsters in the cups? or for the numerous 1st team league chances i detailed previously?or even for the loans that served them so well?

and in answer to your last question
because hes the manager you dolt
Last edited by brendywendy on 03 Aug 2009 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Aug 2009 16:26

Royalee You are so blinkered and deluded over how and what Coppell did it's pathetic.

Hmmm.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:30

Royalee
brendywendy

knew i was right........

i cant.

So dropping a player purely because of age and then admitting you were wrong is giving them a chance? How many chances did the more senior pros get when they simply weren't performing for half of last season? You are so blinkered and deluded over how and what Coppell did it's pathetic.

Rodgers has admitted he still has lots to learn in the press and is honest, but you won't be seeing as many admissions from him as he won't make half as many mistakes as Mr 'I don't know what went wrong with my 20 years of experience'.

no need for insults Royalee you big joey :lol:

no -dropping him in favour of more experienced player when we got to the business end is hardly a mangement faux pas, i think plenty of others would also do it, especially as he had looked very tired in the last game he played.

but you won't be seeing as many admissions from him as he won't make half as many mistakes as Mr 'I don't know what went wrong with my 20 years of experience'.

the gay and totally baseless rodgers rimming continues......

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 03 Aug 2009 16:31

Was strange. Some of the Times analysis is fair, but their predictions are awful! I know they're all possibilities, but I can't see Sheff Utd winning the league, Boro coming 2nd, Forest and Leicester making the play offs, Doncaster and Derby finishing above us and Newcastle finishing 20th. It's not saying that we'll be going up, in fact I reckon our target should be to finish in the play offs, but I can't see where most of those predictions came from. Think the table will end up looking like this:

1) WBA
2) Newcastle
3) Sheff Utd
4) Cardiff
5) Ipswich
6) Reading
7) Boro
8 ) Preston
9) QPR
10) Crystal Palace
11) Leicester
12) Bristol City
13) Coventry
14) Derby
15) Forest
16) Swansea
17) Sheff Wed
18) Doncaster
19) Barnsley
20) Plymouth
21) Peterborough
22) Watford
23) Blackpool
24) Scunthorpe

Newcastle, despite possible financial problems and being unable to slip away from the media, still have quality players in their squad, some who are far better than Championship standard (Obafemi Martins for example). WBA to top because they still play a good brand of football and have stubbornly kept most of their squad who have gone up before.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Aug 2009 16:33

Times are usually fairly accurate IMO and 10th sits about right with what I think.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:33

brendywendy your total coppell negativity does you no credit at all
makes you sound like a deranged loser.

at least i am capable of praising rodgers for the good things he does.

i am totally aware of who the coaches were,but that really doesnt mean coppell had no input in their signings or progressions, to say so makes you seem as myopic as you say he was.

also do you refuse to credit coppell for his blooding of these youngsters? or for the numerous 1st team league chances i detailed previously?

and in answer to your last question
because hes the manager you dolt

At times he was left with no other choice but to play Pearce and Karacan and even then he didn't bother! My Coppell 'negativity' is my reflection that over 6 years he failed to deliver in 4 of them and IMO wasted a superb chance to prove himself as more than an average, Neil Warnock/Joe Royle/Ian Dowie/George Burley/Peter Taylor journeyman manager by bottling it when we went up. It also really angers me that we had someone in the job who wasn't even sure if he wanted it for a year after we went down just because his ego got a boost by some idiots in a car park space.

Rodgers was involved in the signing of the likes of Pearce, Karacan, Henry and so forth if you bothered to check - that's why we have an academy manager in addition to a first team manager although you seem to be finding this hard to grasp.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:39

At times he was left with no other choice but to play Pearce and Karacan and even then he didn't bother! My Coppell 'negativity' is my reflection that over 6 years he failed to deliver in 4 of them and IMO wasted a superb chance to prove himself as more than an average, Neil Warnock/Joe Royle/Ian Dowie/George Burley/Peter Taylor journeyman manager by bottling it when we went up. It also really angers me that we had someone in the job who wasn't even sure if he wanted it for a year after we went down just because his ego got a boost by some idiots in a car park space.

Rodgers was involved in the signing of the likes of Pearce, Karacan, Henry and so forth if you bothered to check - that's why we have an academy manager in addition to a first team manager although you seem to be finding this hard to grasp.

its you who seems to find it hard to grasp that coppell would have been involved in bringing people into this club, even at youth level
do you seriously believe that rodgers was bringing players in without coppells tacit approval?

and LOL at joe royle or stevie C being lumped in with those other journeymen.
really marks you out as an objective, sensible, and intelligent E-pundit that does.

and LOL at "it angers me"........

oh no!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:45

Good managers aren't out of work or managing League One sides over 20 years into their managerial careers as a general rule. You really are quite dense.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Aug 2009 16:45

More bollox from the BR noshing love child that is Royalee. The FSB was manager when we scrapped the reserves. A very positive move that! You really do need to lighten up cos you will look an even bigger to55er than you do right now if BR goes all tits up.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:49

Royalee Good managers aren't out of work or managing League One sides over 20 years into their managerial careers as a general rule. You really are quite dense.

again with the insults
the last resort of a loser.

as a general rule yes.......
but IMO in the case of coppell and royle you are wrong
and looking not just dense, but terminally moronic.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Aug 2009 16:50

weren't so far up Coppell's backside

says captain rodgersrectum

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Aug 2009 16:51

Wha....................????

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd rate Coppell's 2005/6 side much higher than McGhoo's 1994 side and Pardoo's 2001/2 side. :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:52

Terminally moronic people can't see through sentiment and fanfare - I can with Coppell whereas you cannot.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2009 16:53

Thaumagurist*

Wha....................????

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd rate Coppell's 2005/6 side much higher than McGhoo's 1994 side and Pardoo's 2001/2 side. :roll:

Different starting points, of course the team we won the Championship with was better, but Coppell had a far better starting point than the previous two and as a direct result of their work.

153 posts