Matthew Mills - SIGNED

455 posts
howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Matthew Mills - SIGNED

by howser » 05 Aug 2009 20:46

Very impressive signing and one that adds to BR's young and vibrant side, maybe not this year but with the quality of our youngsters, now all we need is Pearce to be made Captain and the future looks sound in the managers hands !!!

test icicles

by test icicles » 05 Aug 2009 20:57

Royalee Do you not understand how football finances work? You know we'll have had one of the largest wage bills in the Championship last season right? Plus all the other expenditure on the training ground, hotel expansion, media suite and so forth - Boro have hardly been splashing the cash since flogging Downing for over double the Kitson transfer fee have they? I'm sure Leroy Lita will be banging the goals in for them just like he has the last 2 years for us though and fire them back to promotion...

Maybe if Coppell hadn't pissed away £2.5 million each on Fae and Halford and another £1.5 million on a player so good he was farmed out to Asia from Fulham, the transfer kitty might have been bigger.

Don't really post on here too much, generally just read through to see the view of most other fans. But seriously, the way you go on is both amusing and fcuking annoying. Get over your opinions, fair enough if you have them but no need to force them onto everyone else. From what I can see, (I/)we don't agree with you, and no matter how many times you tell us how crap Coppell was, most of us still believe he probably was our best manager so far. And we are yet to conceed that Rodgers is the best human being/manager in the world as he has yet to start- let alone complete- a season with Reading.

rant over :oops:

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 05 Aug 2009 21:11

strap
Jeffers217 Dunno how I feel bout this transfer- I'm just glad we've spent some bloody money! Looks like a decent enough signing- now for the more important business we need to do- get rid of Shunt and buy a STRIKER

Maybe some of the £2M we might get from Wolves for Harps will be used to get a striker in?

I've corrected your post

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 05 Aug 2009 21:13

test icicles
Royalee Do you not understand how football finances work? You know we'll have had one of the largest wage bills in the Championship last season right? Plus all the other expenditure on the training ground, hotel expansion, media suite and so forth - Boro have hardly been splashing the cash since flogging Downing for over double the Kitson transfer fee have they? I'm sure Leroy Lita will be banging the goals in for them just like he has the last 2 years for us though and fire them back to promotion...

Maybe if Coppell hadn't pissed away £2.5 million each on Fae and Halford and another £1.5 million on a player so good he was farmed out to Asia from Fulham, the transfer kitty might have been bigger.

Don't really post on here too much, generally just read through to see the view of most other fans. But seriously, the way you go on is both amusing and fcuking annoying. Get over your opinions, fair enough if you have them but no need to force them onto everyone else. From what I can see, (I/)we don't agree with you, and no matter how many times you tell us how crap Coppell was, most of us still believe he probably was our best manager so far. And we are yet to conceed that Rodgers is the best human being/manager in the world as he has yet to start- let alone complete- a season with Reading
its little clique of middle class overgrown school chums mate on their own private little joke

Dr Hfuhruhurr

Re: Matthew Mills

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 05 Aug 2009 21:26

Woodcote Royal
Royalee Excellent bit of business if this goes through - LOL at all the dickheads slamming Madejski.

What choice did they have?

If it wasn't SJM's fault, the disaster of the last 2 seasons was all down to Steve "I've got money to spend but am happy with what I've got and don't have an effing clue why we are consistently getting stuffed by cr@p teams like Forest" Coppell.

This might explain Ivar "the best centre half we've ever had" Ingimarrson's squad number for this season.

Rest assured this is one of many signings Coppell would never have made in recent times because such players would have threatened the places of his precious "106" favorites.

Even if this deal falls threw, after 2 seasons when sitting in my seat became an increasingly painful experience, it is just fantastic to have a manager who is barking up all the right trees, and clearly enjoying significant financial support from a Chairman who doesn't deserve many of the ignorant observations made on these pages by those who should know better.

Thoroughly looking forward to Saturday and will be gutted if work intervenes.

Of course, SJM is only 4.5 million up in deals in the closed season, with a significant decrease in the wage bill - unless, of course, we have persuaded Mr Mills to take the wages of 9 men.

If this had happened BEFORE we sold Doyle, then we might have proof that Madejski is a viable financial backer - but so far all we have as evidence is one centre back, a left back on loan and the removal of several key wages off the squad. How long before we try and find a way out of paying for his appearance fees?

Question Mark

by Question Mark » 05 Aug 2009 22:21

Harpers So Solid Crew
Southbank Old Boy
Harpers So Solid Crew ....someone remind me who signed Shevchenko for chelsea???

Roman Abramovich :wink:

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 05 Aug 2009 22:30

test icicles

Don't really post on here too much, generally just read through to see the view of most other fans. But seriously, the way you go on is both amusing and fcuking annoying. Get over your opinions, fair enough if you have them but no need to force them onto everyone else. From what I can see, (I/)we don't agree with you, and no matter how many times you tell us how crap Coppell was, most of us still believe he probably was our best manager so far. And we are yet to conceed that Rodgers is the best human being/manager in the world as he has yet to start- let alone complete- a season with Reading.

+1

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Aug 2009 00:30

test icicles

'We' being you and the car park tards? Well done for holding the club back a year btw, you deserve a round of applause for your blind stupidity/'loyalty'. Exactly how long have you watched the club play? You do realise not every manager has had the same starting point as Coppell and need to take that into account?

As far as Rodgers goes, basing my opinion on what he has done so far with no playing career yet building himself up from nothing as a coach, the respect he has gained in this short period of time, what he achieved with Watford in the state they were in, plus the fact that he's got everything right so far since he took over (and a lot needed putting right after the glorious defeat to Burnley which IMO is a greater turning point in history than the Leicester win) and I believe we are going places.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 06 Aug 2009 01:22

Royalee
test icicles

'We' being you and the car park tards? Well done for holding the club back a year btw, you deserve a round of applause for your blind stupidity/'loyalty'. Exactly how long have you watched the club play? You do realise not every manager has had the same starting point as Coppell and need to take that into account?

As far as Rodgers goes, basing my opinion on what he has done so far with no playing career yet building himself up from nothing as a coach, the respect he has gained in this short period of time, what he achieved with Watford in the state they were in, plus the fact that he's got everything right so far since he took over (and a lot needed putting right after the glorious defeat to Burnley which IMO is a greater turning point in history than the Leicester win) and I believe we are going places.

he broke the championship's points record. you are a fool.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 06 Aug 2009 04:22

howser Very impressive signing and one that adds to BR's young and vibrant side, maybe not this year but with the quality of our youngsters, now all we need is Pearce to be made Captain and the future looks sound in the managers hands !!!

From the person who recently wrote:
howser The now laughable limitations put on our transfer dealings is now beyond a joke, Mr Mad did state last year that we would be "happy in the Championship" for the for the time being and our transfer policy and present transfer activity seems to back that up, With no appreciable efforts or desires to return to the top flight, unless it can be done on penny pinching methods.

and
howser I never expected there to be many players bought in during the summer that is just not Madejski's way, as long as he can get everything to do with team matters at Reading, on the cheap, he is happy, this to me was always the guaranteed appointment of manager, with Rodgers well aware of the "skin flint" chairmans ambitions to stay in the championship.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Aug 2009 04:47

Harpers So Solid Crew
Royalee Excellent signing, LOLZ at all the twats who blamed Madejski for Coppell not signing players - can we have a name and shame thread?

Depends which chest the money comes from to be honest, if it from the Kitson money that was said to be available to make signings then perhaps you have a point, however if it from the Doyle money, as the rest has gone back into the club, then you have no point, and the truth is we may never know.

Stillwe have spent £2m and JM says it shows we are determined to get back to the Prem!!!!

You been on the Imodium again, Mr Solid?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Aug 2009 05:49

Dr Hfuhruhurr
Woodcote Royal
Royalee Excellent bit of business if this goes through - LOL at all the dickheads slamming Madejski.

If it wasn't SJM's fault, the disaster of the last 2 seasons was all down to Steve "I've got money to spend but am happy with what I've got and don't have an effing clue why we are consistently getting stuffed by cr@p teams like Forest" Coppell.

This might explain Ivar "the best centre half we've ever had" Ingimarrson's squad number for this season.

Rest assured this is one of many signings Coppell would never have made in recent times because such players would have threatened the places of his precious "106" favorites.

Even if this deal falls threw, after 2 seasons when sitting in my seat became an increasingly painful experience, it is just fantastic to have a manager who is barking up all the right trees, and clearly enjoying significant financial support from a Chairman who doesn't deserve many of the ignorant observations made on these pages by those who should know better.

Of course, SJM is only 4.5 million up in deals in the closed season, with a significant decrease in the wage bill - unless, of course, we have persuaded Mr Mills to take the wages of 9 men.

If this had happened BEFORE we sold Doyle, then we might have proof that Madejski is a viable financial backer - but so far all we have as evidence is one centre back, a left back on loan and the removal of several key wages off the squad. How long before we try and find a way out of paying for his appearance fees?

After selling Kitson, Shorey, Fae and Sonko, SJM was only up £12m? last season with atleast another £3m wiped off the wage bill yet, even after todays signing, Coppell's @rselickers expect others to believe that the man who once slapped £1m of his own money on the Bristol City boardroom table to buy Leroy Lita, gave Coppell less than £2m to spend from the proceeds for the entire season despite the fact our manager said on countless occasions that he had money to spend.

In fact, throughout his 5 years in charge I don't recall Coppell once saying he had no money to spend yet his increasingly desperate fan club insist on using this as a means to justify the abject failure of their hero and his team over the last 2 seasons when all the evidence points in the opposite direction.

horse surely Flogging ? a

PS. Anyone needing proof of SJM's financial backing credentials should buy a ticket to sit on one of the 24000 seats in the stadium bearing his name and spend an hour or two surveying all they can see.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 06 Aug 2009 07:10

For info...

"Ryan confirmed that Rovers receive £1.5 million from Reading over the next twelve months and upto £500,000 more depending on how well Reading and Mills do in the Championship in the next season.

Ryan also said that Manchester City had a 20% sell on clause in Mills transfer last summer, but Rovers have also included a 20% sell on clause with Reading in any future deal with him leaving the Royals."

Ryan being the Doncaster chairman.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Aug 2009 08:13

Dr Hfuhruhurr
Woodcote Royal

About £5.5m up on transfer spending since 2002/03 now.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Aug 2009 09:15

test icicles

LOL!

you should post more

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 06 Aug 2009 09:30

This might explain Ivar "the best centre half we've ever had" Ingimarrson's squad number for this season

What has Ivar got to do with this and what do you have against him?

Also what has his squad number got to do with anything? It's the same number he's had for 6 years.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Aug 2009 09:32

I'm not reading 21 pages - can someone tell me which page he signed on?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Aug 2009 09:37

Woodcote Royal
Dr Hfuhruhurr
Woodcote Royal

After selling Kitson, Shorey, Fae and Sonko, SJM was only up £12m? last season with atleast another £3m wiped off the wage bill yet, even after todays signing, Coppell's @rselickers expect others to believe that the man who once slapped £1m of his own money on the Bristol City boardroom table to buy Leroy Lita, gave Coppell less than £2m to spend from the proceeds for the entire season despite the fact our manager said on countless occasions that he had money to spend.

In fact, throughout his 5 years in charge I don't recall Coppell once saying he had no money to spend yet his increasingly desperate fan club insist on using this as a means to justify the abject failure of their hero and his team over the last 2 seasons when all the evidence points in the opposite direction.

horse surely Flogging ? a

PS. Anyone needing proof of SJM's financial backing credentials should buy a ticket to sit on one of the 24000 seats in the stadium bearing his name and spend an hour or two surveying all they can see.

as part of what you laughably call the steve coppell fan club-as if supporting the greatest manager in our history was somehow worthy of derision :roll:
i would just like to point out that i have always believed that it was coppells decision not to spend bigger, and that he has always been backed with the cash by our wiggy chairman

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 06 Aug 2009 09:47

Agent Balti For info...

"Ryan confirmed that Rovers receive £1.5 million from Reading over the next twelve months and upto £500,000 more depending on how well Reading and Mills do in the Championship in the next season.

Ryan also said that Manchester City had a 20% sell on clause in Mills transfer last summer, but Rovers have also included a 20% sell on clause with Reading in any future deal with him leaving the Royals."

Sell-on clauses seem to be getting ever longer. It'll end up like a pyramid scheme whereby East Croydon Under-11s will get £8.50 as a result of a £12million transfer from Wigan to Arsenal.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 Aug 2009 10:37

CMRoyal
Agent Balti For info...

Sell-on clauses seem to be getting ever longer. It'll end up like a pyramid scheme whereby East Croydon Under-11s will get £8.50 as a result of a £12million transfer from Wigan to Arsenal.

I think you are misreading the comment somewhat. Man City had a 20% sell on clause in their contract with Doncaster, that is now expired and Doncaster have a sell on clause with us.

455 posts