Back From The Game - Nottm Forest

313 posts
SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back From The Game - Nottm Forest

by SteveRoyal » 09 Aug 2009 10:25

Can I also point out that everyone should rate their players here.
Clearly Forest fans have been sore drawers.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2009 10:28

SteveRoyal
sandman P.S. I thought it was funny hearing the florist lot singing Chelsea rent boys at our fans when their own number 11 is a Royal.

Me and my mate thought they were chanting "Chelsea Minstrels" which didn't make much sense to us. :lol: :roll:

Well I was in the North Stand so they may well have been chanting that. TBH though I don't speak Northern so find it hard to understand them at the best of times.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Aug 2009 10:38

sandman
SteveRoyal
sandman P.S. I thought it was funny hearing the florist lot singing Chelsea rent boys at our fans when their own number 11 is a Royal.

Me and my mate thought they were chanting "Chelsea Minstrels" which didn't make much sense to us. :lol: :roll:

Well I was in the North Stand so they may well have been chanting that. TBH though I don't speak Northern so find it hard to understand them at the best of times.

How is " chelsea rent boys" difficult to udnerstand tho?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2009 10:41

Well I was in the North Stand so they may well have been chanting that. TBH though I don't speak Northern so find it hard to understand them at the best of times.[/quote]

How is " chelsea rent boys" difficult to udnerstand tho?[/quote]

It's not I was just trying to get my clearly unfunny joke about Notherners in.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Aug 2009 10:59

sandman Not sure why Rosenior has got so much stick, made one last ditch tackle that saved a goal and I presume that the “hoofs” he’s being criticised for were the two well executed arced passes down the line that set up two of our most dangerous attacks. Pearce was my MOTM, the passing game obviously suits him more than the direct one and Scott Davies also did well.

Didn't you realise? Rosenior was landslide winner for the 'Boo Boys Target Man Season 09/10'.

That means that from now on, every single thing that he does less than perfectly will be seized on for boos and criticism, whereas the good points you rightly refer to will be completely ignored.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Aug 2009 11:03

everything I thought has already been stated in detail so I'll summarise : -

Enjoyable play
    needs more cutting edge
    Long was more dangerous looking than Church at this stage
    Davies forgot his shooting boots
    Kebe more good than bad
    we don't need a striker as desperately as we needed to create more chances

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading Youth Academy Vs Nottingham Forest

by chilipepper91 » 09 Aug 2009 11:06

LoyalRoyal22
My choice would be Davies in the Karacan role, and Matejovsky in the Davies role.

What when Karacan was the best player on the pitch?

In your opinion. I thought Davies was far better.

I think Davies can be the robust distributer from midfield, Karacan/Tabb the sweeper/tracker, and Matejovsky the attack starter.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 09 Aug 2009 11:17

For what it's worth, this is how I saw it:

Positives:

- We were assured in possesion. I only once felt nervous through a Florist attack, when Earnshaw shot straight at Federici.
- Only 4 regulars from last season in the team, 5 former academy players but none of them looked out of place. Karacan my MOTM, but Pearce, Cissé and to be fair to them, Wes Morgan all had excellent games.
- A totally new system, no continuity from the previous management (not a bad thing), but we took to it well.
- Davies drifted in and out of the game a little, but he was a big threat at times. Considering it was his first appearance at this level, he did exceptionally well. As the teams and he develop, he could be a very important player for us.

Negatives:

- Some fans around me got on Davies back a bit. He needs encouragement, not a battering from his own fans.
- We didn't look like scoring, but for the odd long shot. If Florist had scored first, I'm not sure we'd have got back into it. Didn't create too many clear cut chances and Church struggled up front on his own. Came into the game when he played on the right and Long came on though.
- We dwelt on the ball too long at the back and had no plan B when we should have been right on top of Florist at the end of the game.
- Jimmy Kebe. I want him to do well, I want to be able to say he has had an influential game...but I can't. I think BR will give him a fair chance, but if he doesn't take it, he'll ship him out. Bertrand looks like he wants to get forward, but every time he gave Kebe the ball he had to sit back because he knew he wouldn't see the ball again until he was nicking off the toes of a Florist player.

Overall, we looked like a team still trying to get used to a new system. It will take time for us to get used to it, for BR to work out what his best 11 is and to find a back up plan when we need to inject some urgency. It was a promising start, we did fairly well against an average side who'll probably finish mid-table. I think it'll be Christmas before we've fully settled into this new way of playing and got into a ryhthm. We need a couple of signings to strengthen what we've got, Smith and Nugent have been mentioned on here, which I'd be happy with - can't see it happening unfortunately. If we can develop from this and make additions, we should be up towards the playoffs come the end of the season.

This is the very start of something and BR needs time and support, but early signs are encouraging.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 09 Aug 2009 11:20

SteveRoyal

making even less sense were their taunts of "your ground's too big for you", considering their average last year was 22000, a full 8000 below capacity.

Still that was beaten by some Reading fans signing "have you ever won the Simod, have you f***"

Yes, it's a tongue in cheek song, but they fact is that Forest have won the Simod Cup, winning it the year after we did.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 09 Aug 2009 11:25

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
SteveRoyal

making even less sense were their taunts of "your ground's too big for you", considering their average last year was 22000, a full 8000 below capacity.

Still that was beaten by some Reading fans signing "have you ever won the Simod, have you f***"

Yes, it's a tongue in cheek song, but they fact is that Forest have won the Simod Cup, winning it the year after we did.

Theirs was a pretty hollow victory then, because I don't think we were allowed to defend our crown.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 09 Aug 2009 11:26

Davies was good but Karacan MOTM for me, then Pearce.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2009 11:32

RoyalBlue
sandman Not sure why Rosenior has got so much stick, made one last ditch tackle that saved a goal and I presume that the “hoofs” he’s being criticised for were the two well executed arced passes down the line that set up two of our most dangerous attacks. Pearce was my MOTM, the passing game obviously suits him more than the direct one and Scott Davies also did well.

Didn't you realise? Rosenior was landslide winner for the 'Boo Boys Target Man Season 09/10'.

That means that from now on, every single thing that he does less than perfectly will be seized on for boos and criticism, whereas the good points you rightly refer to will be completely ignored.

As long as he is playing for my team I'll be sticking up for him. He's got weaknesses and he wasn't the best player on the pitch yesterday but if he does something right he at least deserves recognition for it.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 09 Aug 2009 11:42

The Rouge Davies was good but Karacan MOTM for me, then Pearce.

This.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Aug 2009 11:47

Sir Dodger Royal Glad to see that most people agree with SDR apart from the RTGs who need to replace their lenses. Where is Hampshire Royal?

Has he yet been blessed by Brenda (do as I'm told) Dodger?

I think your the one who needs his lenses replacing Dodger (christ, i'm thick) Royal.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 09 Aug 2009 11:57

you're

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2009 12:24

The Rouge Davies was good but Karacan MOTM for me, then Pearce.

Pearce>Cisse>Davies(if he'd scored)>Karacan>Davies

IMO

Davies was one of the few players before Long came on that really wanted to get a goal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2009 12:34

Royal Rother
Ian Royal Overall a decent showing. We kept the ball well and showed a lot of intelligence in our play. We looked very solid at the back and on the whole controlled the game.

then later on...

Ian Royal today was as dull a game as I've seen in years.

:shock: Bizarre.

On the whole our play was anything but exciting. That doesn't change the fact we DID pass well, did show intelligence, gave Forest barely a sniff and looked very solid at the back. It makes me excited about our future and I'm very pleased with the youngsters.
I'm not expecting a great deal from the first 5 or 10 games, because it's going to take a while to settle and find the right balance.

The foundation is very much there. But we won't get far with repeat performances of that game, because we'll score less than 50 goals in the season. We'll be very lucky to average one a game.

Patience was the key two months ago and patience is still the key now and probably for the next month or two.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2009 12:41

sandman
RoyalBlue

As long as he is playing for my team I'll be sticking up for him. He's got weaknesses and he wasn't the best player on the pitch yesterday but if he does something right he at least deserves recognition for it.

He defended pretty well, probably as well as I've seen him defend. But his passing was as loose as ever. Balls straight to opposition, balls off the side of the pitch and crosses to no one in particular.

Yes a lot of players fouled up passes, Pearce (my MOTM) in particular had one howler. But most players contributed much more quality passing than poor. I'm still amazed that Rodgers obviously saw Armstrong as the weak link and not Rosenior.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Aug 2009 12:52

winchester_royal
Sir Dodger Royal Glad to see that most people agree with SDR apart from the RTGs who need to replace their lenses. Where is Hampshire Royal?

Has he yet been blessed by Brenda (do as I'm told) Dodger?

I think your the one who needs his lenses replacing Dodger (christ, i'm thick) Royal.

LOL

daswonder

by daswonder » 09 Aug 2009 12:56

I can understand the stick Rosenior usually gets, but he was not as bad as some are making out in yesterdays match.

People talk about mislaid passes, crosses going to no one but what I saw for the most part was lack of options, which was the the way it was for big parts yesterday, no one was making ground to get into a decent position to receive a pass, or busting a gut to get into the box to take up the crosses.

I noticed a few of the times in the match where Rosy was in space offering an option going forward but was never taken up and resorting to coming back as the team always went back to go forward .

313 posts