Gone for a Burton, Back from the game thread

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Gone for a Burton, Back from the game thread

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 14:08

tee peg Our gate was pretty much in line with other clubs except Southampton who got over 10k :? :shock:

Let's face it, it was a big match for a potless League One team :P

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 13 Aug 2009 14:24

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 197353.stm

Highlights. :)
Bignall looked impressive.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Aug 2009 14:35

strap I thought James Henry had a stormer, and how Kebe's keeping himout of the League side is criminal. He played box to box, made any number of runs, was tackling anything that moved, was covering acres of space, and generally playing the Sidwell role (with not quite so much bite)

:shock: :lol: :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Aug 2009 17:09

Ian Royal Sadly Kebe is currently our best bet on the left. Even if he personally bolloxs up the vast majority of what he creates.

If HRK can get himself properly involved and start producing quality more often and more consistently, then I think we could see him moved across to the left side and Henry come in. Henry has generally impressed me a fair bit, but never spectacularly and does seem to give off more than a hint of billy big balls bad attitude.

Then again, if we get Smith and he goes on the right, maybe a real quality and proved balance to Kebe will bring the best out of him.

Coppell used to talk about how kids from Berkshire were too nice too succeed and needed to be more ruthless if they wanted to get in the team. So what if Henry's got an attitude you don't want some shrinking violet out there with no confidence.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2009 17:42

sandman
Ian Royal Sadly Kebe is currently our best bet on the left. Even if he personally bolloxs up the vast majority of what he creates.

If HRK can get himself properly involved and start producing quality more often and more consistently, then I think we could see him moved across to the left side and Henry come in. Henry has generally impressed me a fair bit, but never spectacularly and does seem to give off more than a hint of billy big balls bad attitude.

Then again, if we get Smith and he goes on the right, maybe a real quality and proved balance to Kebe will bring the best out of him.

Coppell used to talk about how kids from Berkshire were too nice too succeed and needed to be more ruthless if they wanted to get in the team. So what if Henry's got an attitude you don't want some shrinking violet out there with no confidence.

Not exactly the same thing is it. I don't think you could describe any of the others as a shriking violet and they are getting played.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 17:56

sandman Coppell used to talk about how kids from Berkshire were too nice too succeed and needed to be more ruthless if they wanted to get in the team. So what if Henry's got an attitude you don't want some shrinking violet out there with no confidence.

Looks like all they needed was a new manager :mrgreen:

This same manager still picked his favorite back four the week after it let in 8 goals at Pompey using the pathetic excuse that they would lose all confidence if he didn't pick them for the next game whilst appearing not to give a flying one about the moral of the rest of the squad :|

Coppell would use any excuse when he needed to and his fan club always lapped it up with delight.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Aug 2009 18:03

Woodcote Royal
sandman Coppell used to talk about how kids from Berkshire were too nice too succeed and needed to be more ruthless if they wanted to get in the team. So what if Henry's got an attitude you don't want some shrinking violet out there with no confidence.

This same manager still picked his favorite back four the week after it let in 8 goals at Pompey using the pathetic excuse that they would lose all confidence if he didn't pick them for the next game whilst appearing not to give a flying one about the moral of the rest of the squad :|

Coppell would use any excuse when he needed to and his fan club always lapped it up with delight.

yes, cos the 106, and 8th place seasosn happened by accident, and nowt to do with coppello methods didnt they? :roll:
just fluke

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Aug 2009 18:11

Coppell used to talk about how kids from Berkshire were too nice too succeed and needed to be more ruthless if they wanted to get in the team. So what if Henry's got an attitude you don't want some shrinking violet out there with no confidence.[/quote]
Not exactly the same thing is it. I don't think you could describe any of the others as a shriking violet and they are getting played.[/quote]

I'm talking about one player in particular, not the others. Henry's getting picked accused of having an attitude problem when there is no evidence to back it up apart from people noticing that he's unhappy when he loses the ball, Which is understandable when he's playing for the team he's supported since he was a kid. By the way most of the players coming through aren't from Reading let alone Berkshire.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:12

brendywendy
Woodcote Royal

yes, cos the 106, and 8th place seasosn happened by accident, and nowt to do with coppello methods didnt they? :roll:
just fluke

It was a great achievement that look place three seasons ago but doesn't excuse the abject failure of the last 2, which were wholly based on Coppell's inability to move on from those halcyon days.

Wake up and smell the coffee
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 13 Aug 2009 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:18

sandman
I'm talking about one player in particular, not the others. Henry's getting picked accused of having an attitude problem when there is no evidence to back it up apart from people noticing that he's unhappy when he loses the ball, Which is understandable when he's playing for the team he's supported since he was a kid. By the way most of the players coming through aren't from Reading let alone Berkshire.

I was talking about Coppell making such a stupid remark in the first place and the fact Brendan Rodgers is now showing just how stupid it was.

Coppell certainly left his successor a great bunch of players, many of whom must be delighted they're finally getting the chance they clearly deserve.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:19

Woodcote Royal

seven you splastic.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:21

Not exactly the same thing is it. I don't think you could describe any of the others as a shriking violet and they are getting played.[/quote]

I'm talking about one player in particular, not the others. Henry's getting picked accused of having an attitude problem when there is no evidence to back it up apart from people noticing that he's unhappy when he loses the ball, Which is understandable when he's playing for the team he's supported since he was a kid. By the way most of the players coming through aren't from Reading let alone Berkshire.[/quote]

There is a hell of a lot more that has been posted on here... If Henry was significantly better than Kebe and HRK he'd play. Simple as. He isn't and according to many he hasn't helped himself with a mediocre performance against a poor league 2 side.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:21

I'm so plastic I was there :roll:

Sorry, we were thumped 7-4.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:22

Woodcote Royal I'm so plastic I was there :roll:

Sorry, we were thumped 7-4.

Well you ought to bloody remember then shouldn't you.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Aug 2009 18:22

Woodcote Royal
sandman

I was talking about Coppell making such a stupid remark in the first place and the fact Brendan Rodgers is now showing just how stupid it was.

Coppell certainly left his successor a great bunch of players, many of whom must be delighted they're finally getting the chance they clearly deserve.

I wasn't talking to you and as yet have no desire to do so.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:29

sandman I wasn't talking to you and as yet have no desire to do so.

Send PM's if you're picky who reponds to your posts.

Twat.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Aug 2009 18:36

Woodcote Royal
sandman I wasn't talking to you and as yet have no desire to do so.

Send PM's if you're picky who reponds to your posts.

Twat.

What a wonderful way with language you have.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 18:51

I'm gutted to have offended you

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Aug 2009 18:53

Woodcote Royal I'm gutted to have offended you

You haven't offended me at all. If you had I would have complained about the message.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Sep 2009 18:48

Woodcote Royal Thank you, Brendan Rodgers, for more making watching my team the highlight of the week

:lol:

Seriously, what the hell are you doing for the rest of the week, hammering nails into your genitals?