Gone for a Burton, Back from the game thread

104 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Gone for a Burton, Back from the game thread

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Aug 2009 22:51

My sort of football, parked easy down bennet rd, stroll to ground, paper ticket awaiting for lower West, unreserved seating, all good.

team came out to the flag waving nonsense, how embarrassing is that.

On reading out teams we thought defence sounded strong.

Then before you know it we are 3 up.

Bignall was not only fast but was able to beat the last defender before finishing. Mills and Pearce solid in the middle, rosenior though needs to improve, or we need to get cover in that position, Armstrong looked jaded, and not 100% yet. Hamer made a couple of good saves, and no real errors, which was nice.

Ball from keeper usually went to a defender, so build from the back, rather than the long punt down field.

Matejovsky blew hot and cold, but the forwards looked more on his wavelength most of the game, in al honesty the rest looked ok.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Gone for a Burton, Back from the game thread

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Aug 2009 22:53

Harpers So Solid Crew team came out to the flag waving nonsense, how embarrassing is that.

lol really?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 11 Aug 2009 22:55

Also back.
What I expected tbf, easy night, with Burton creating chances because of sloppyness.

Mills looked okay, a tad laid back. Likes the long ball, however it isnt a doooobs hoof, its a long pass. Big diff, jus for you "football fans" who actually know feck all about the game :D

Marek looked creative and bright, but sometimes gave the ball away a bit too easy....thats marek though, good with the bad

Roseniors crossing is pretty atrocious, as is his composure and passing.

Pearcey was solid as per.

Harps was quiet

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Aug 2009 23:03

Rosenoir was Sh1t.What do they see in him?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 11 Aug 2009 23:04

tee peg Rosenoir was Sh1t.What do they see in him?

Pace.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 11 Aug 2009 23:06

Hamer - 8 - Goal conceded was from an unlucky deflection. 2 good saves, impressive debut.

Rosenior - 6 - Only player who I thought was poor. Made a few defensive errors and poor going forward. (Keeps hitting the ball yards ahead of him and trying to run onto it - doesn't work)
Mills - 7 - Good first game. Hit a long pass a bit too much but defensively was solid.
Pearce - 8 - Did nothing wrong, leads the team well, another good performance.
Armstrong - 6 - Looked a bit shaky but didn't do too much wrong. Doesn't look 100% fit yet.

Harper - 8 - First time in a while i've seen him have a good game. Played in the defensive midfield position well.
Matejovsky - 8 - Cut them open so easily with some of his through balls. Hope hes involved Saturday.
Gylfi - 8 - Looked impressive. His goal was amazing. The 3 central midfielders looked brilliant together.

Bignall - 9 - MOTM. 2 well taken goals on his debut. Very quick and a composed finisher.
Henry - 6 - Had a good early run but after that was pretty poor.

Mooney - 8 - First goal was well finished and good poaching for the 2nd goal. Doesn't look like the answer to our striker problems but good cover.

Sub
Hunt - 8 - Looked great when he came on. Nearly scored as well. Would prefer to see him play up front on Saturday.

Overall a very encouraging performance, albeit against a team that didn't put up too much of a fight. Bignall was great, so quick and looks a promising prospect. Gylfi looked good as well, another good central midfielder. Ben Hamer looked good in goal, I think hes better than Federici but I can't see Federici losing his place. Pearce and Mills look a very good partnership.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Aug 2009 23:08

rfcjoe
tee peg Rosenoir was Sh1t.What do they see in him?

Pace.

Pity his brain isnt in tune with his feet then :lol:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 11 Aug 2009 23:10

What brain ?! :?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Aug 2009 23:11

:D not one for football thats for sure.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Aug 2009 23:11

Bignall has got a lot of raw talent, but needs to work on his technique with the football.

I worry about Henry. Not sure this formation and style of football suits him perfectly.

Where did Noel play when he came on??

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 11 Aug 2009 23:13

winchester_royal Bignall has got a lot of raw talent, but needs to work on his technique with the football.

I worry about Henry. Not sure this formation and style of football suits him perfectly.

Right wing but drifted up front now and then.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 11 Aug 2009 23:13

winchester_royal Bignall has got a lot of raw talent, but needs to work on his technique with the football.

Noel kinda played in the hole
He nearly scored a goal
But the keeper lolled
at his shot :|

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 12 Aug 2009 09:30

3-0 up in 9 minutes killed the game for me with Burton never giving up and playing some neat foottball at times.

There were not enough subs used for me on the night and I would have liked to have seen a different game plan played for the last 30 minutes of the game to see if we can step up to it when we have to do something different.

Comfortable result.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 12 Aug 2009 09:31

Liam Rosenior was once voted player of the year for Fulham, oxf*rd knows how. The man got rinsed a couple of times by their slightly lively no.17, his passing was poor and his crossing even worse. Hopefully Julian Kelly can push him more this season. James Henry is also on a hiding to nothing, poor attitude last night and got frustrated far too easily. Wouldn't take the easy pass to a team mate when closed down and kept giving it away with his attempted runs. Rodgers has a word with him just after Sigurdsson scored his thumper from 25 yards out and they swapped position in the midfield. He kept wandering around all over the place, definitely needs more discipline in his game, not even close to pushing Kebe at the moment

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Aug 2009 09:38

All done and dusted within ten minutes as we caught them completely cold.

Poor
Rosenior - seriously, he should be embarrassed to play like that as a first team regular

Henry - acts like billy big shit, plays like billy bit shit. Not about to threaten Kebe's place in the side

Good
Gylfi - first look at him last night and thought he was decent. Looks an intelligent footballer and impressed even without the piledriver.

Mooney - not sure he's ready for a place in the first team but looked lively enough and nothced a couple.

Average
The rest.

Mills looked like he was playing in second gear, bit lackadaisical but will play better against better teams I think.
Bignall did well with his goals but otherwise looked a bit raw
Armstrong and Harper were rusty but just about got by
Marek blew hot and cold, wasn't as good as I was hoping.
Pearce was fine
Hamer's handling and shot stopping were decent. Distribution could do with a bit of work though

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Aug 2009 09:42

Fairly amusing that some pillocks calling themselves "The Padworth Crew" texted BBCRB after the game listing out the sales of Shorey, Kitson, Sonko, Doyle etc., asking "Where has all the money gone?"

If there's anything much left over my advice would be to chuck another few million a year into the Academy if recent performances are anything to go by.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 12 Aug 2009 09:45

Maguire All done and dusted within ten minutes as we caught them completely cold.

Poor
Rosenior - seriously, he should be embarrassed to play like that as a first team regular

Henry - acts like billy big shit, plays like billy bit shit. Not about to threaten Kebe's place in the side

Good
Gylfi - first look at him last night and thought he was decent. Looks an intelligent footballer and impressed even without the pile driver.

Mooney - not sure he's ready for a place in the first team but looked lively enough and nothced a couple.

Average
The rest.

Mills looked like he was playing in second gear, bit lackadaisical but will play better against better teams I think.
Bignall did well with his goals but otherwise looked a bit raw
Armstrong and Harper were rusty but just about got by
Marek blew hot and cold, wasn't as good as I was hoping.
Pearce was fine
Hamer's handling and shot stopping were decent. Distribution could do with a bit of work though

Agree with everything you said though I think Mooney deserves a place on the bench after last night. I think Noel looked a little short of match fitness. Bignall looks a good prospect but will probably go out on loan. I think Sigurdsson may have an impact this year if given the chance.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 12 Aug 2009 09:47

So, the growing consensus over Rosenior is turning into a bit of a unanimous cry that he's simply not good enough at the moment. How has this come to pass - or rather, how has this come to him not being able to pass? He seemed such a good player this time last year, didn't he?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Aug 2009 09:48

I was there at Elm Park Agree with everything you said though I think Mooney deserves a place on the bench after last night

Yep, can't argue with that.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Aug 2009 09:55

I'd like to see Kebe play in an unfamiliar central midfield role the way Henry did last night and see how he would get on.

104 posts