Simon Church

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Simon Church

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Aug 2009 09:23

yuomi his words are, frankly, platitudinal bullshit designed only to placate idiots.

As witnessed by most of your posts, it's clearly not working.

Rodgers out!!!!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 19 Aug 2009 09:24

Back in May my hope for this season, under a new manager, was that we would see Henry, Pearce and Karacan in the side, in an attacking formation built around a core of experienced players. Instead we have an inexperienced side, and good players sitting on the bench.

Church cannot be expected to come in and lead the line like this, in fact nor can any of our strikers, bar Noel Hunt, perhaps.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 09:24

Barry the bird boggler +1

No service = no goals no matter whether you have Keith Scott or Fernando Torres up front

+1

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Aug 2009 09:28

Woodcote Royal
yuomi his words are, frankly, platitudinal bullshit designed only to placate idiots.

As witnessed by most of your posts, it's clearly not working.

Of course, a real idiot won't even notice when it is working.

Kieron1981

by Kieron1981 » 19 Aug 2009 09:28

Hunt and Long still have niggles so we need someone....

.... althought at the moment i would still choose bignall and mooney over him. They are the only reading players to have scored goals from a strikers position

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 09:28

SteveRoyal
Barry the bird boggler +1

No service = no goals no matter whether you have Keith Scott or Fernando Torres up front

+1

-1. It's a two-way street. Torres can hold the ball up, bring in other players, make intelligent runs into space, unsettle defenders. All these add value to the service he ultimately receives in front of goal.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 19 Aug 2009 09:29

i listened to the radio last night, and i think the most common phrase throughout the game was 'Church's touch was a little heavy there and Swansea retain possession'.

It appears in recent weeks he's been hyped up the most, yet to me he looks the most out of depth of all the academy players coming through.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 19 Aug 2009 21:07

Desperately needs to go out on loan and prove he can consistently score goals at a lower level....better than his 1 in 9 record or whatever it currently is :|

Totally and utterly out of his depth in the Championship

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Aug 2009 09:29

Was out of his depth in the lower leagues nevermind the Championship. But it's ok he scored against the Faroe Islands u14's or someone or other so he's got to be class.

Mentioned it elsewhere the other day I couldn't honestly tell you what Church is good at.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Aug 2009 09:31

Lets judge him once he is given a few decent chances, i would back him to score, and if he does, that will give him confidence which will improve his whole game. Once the team become creative, we should see if he can cut it or not.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 20 Aug 2009 10:01

yuomi
Einstein agogo i was just about to start a thread suggesting we loan church out and sell long
i think mooney has got an eye for goal... his goals on youtube are great , he can score from stupid angles
Bignall looks strong and up for it.... hunt is steady and strong (needs fitness )
i think if they can be fit for saturday ,i'd want bignall and marek in , and probably gunnersson to steady the ship (in place of cisse)
add smith into the equation and i'll wager we start creeping up to the top 8 , which is where i was expecting.
church needs a season in league one , without question

church has had seasons here there and every bloody-where. i think his stats while out on loan at various clubs in various divisions are 5 goals in 44 matches. fantastic return for a player considered good enough to be a lone striker. the boy is a welsh international for god's sake. and i cant work out if that is a poorer lookout for us or wales. anyway, if we were to loan church out and sell long, bignall was to trip over his tonka truck on his bedroom floor, besides mooney and an unfit hunt..what would we do?

vasilev.

radoslav vasilev.

i swear to god hes the answer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're saying vasilev who hasnt even played a league match is the answer. Did you even see him play for the academy last season??? He's currently injured anyway.

We need better service before we can judge our strikers. When they start missing open goals and easy opportunities then maybe I'll have something good to say about this thread. It is blatantly obvious the problem lies in getting a good through ball, cross or bit of invention through to the strikers. So any person with half a brain cell would concentrate on sorting the problem at the source, which is the wingers and attacking midfielders.

yuomi

by yuomi » 20 Aug 2009 10:21

Plymouth_Royal
yuomi
Einstein agogo i was just about to start a thread suggesting we loan church out and sell long
i think mooney has got an eye for goal... his goals on youtube are great , he can score from stupid angles
Bignall looks strong and up for it.... hunt is steady and strong (needs fitness )
i think if they can be fit for saturday ,i'd want bignall and marek in , and probably gunnersson to steady the ship (in place of cisse)
add smith into the equation and i'll wager we start creeping up to the top 8 , which is where i was expecting.
church needs a season in league one , without question

church has had seasons here there and every bloody-where. i think his stats while out on loan at various clubs in various divisions are 5 goals in 44 matches. fantastic return for a player considered good enough to be a lone striker. the boy is a welsh international for god's sake. and i cant work out if that is a poorer lookout for us or wales. anyway, if we were to loan church out and sell long, bignall was to trip over his tonka truck on his bedroom floor, besides mooney and an unfit hunt..what would we do?

vasilev.

radoslav vasilev.

i swear to god hes the answer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're saying vasilev who hasnt even played a league match is the answer. Did you even see him play for the academy last season??? He's currently injured anyway.

We need better service before we can judge our strikers. When they start missing open goals and easy opportunities then maybe I'll have something good to say about this thread. It is blatantly obvious the problem lies in getting a good through ball, cross or bit of invention through to the strikers. So any person with half a brain cell would concentrate on sorting the problem at the source, which is the wingers and attacking midfielders.

at this stage, i would welcome jimmy quinn, carl asaba, mass sarr, butler, lovell, hell id even let meaker come back and move into a forward role. at least radoslav's already on the books... :shock:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Aug 2009 18:51

Simon said:- "We're working hard in training, the level is tremendous with the gaffer's training, we just need to put it together in the matches.

"It's a new system for everyone, we are getting to grips with it. It's a great learning experience.

"Now we go into this weekend's game and we'll be looking to win, every game we look to win."

Now that's novel................. :roll:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Aug 2009 19:11

So the forwards cant score as they need better service, yet BR says he wants another forward, Simon Church is a tap in forward, nowt wrong with that at all. But to be a tap in forward we need to be dominant, which we are not at the moment.

ferret

by ferret » 20 Aug 2009 19:27

Maybe we should have kept Lita :wink:

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 20 Aug 2009 19:35

ferret Maybe we should have kept Lita :wink:

Oh that's right, he's banging them in for boro isn't he. :wink:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 20 Aug 2009 22:05

Plymouth_Royal
ferret Maybe we should have kept Lita :wink:

Oh that's right, he's banging them in for boro isn't he. :wink:

For 20k a week too! LOL

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Aug 2009 22:59

Alan Partridge Was out of his depth in the lower leagues nevermind the Championship. But it's ok he scored against the Faroe Islands u14's or someone or other so he's got to be class.

People seem to think playing for Wales in 2009 is some sort of badge of honour

The days of Ian Rush and Mark Hughes are long gone :|

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 20 Aug 2009 23:26

The whole year inn
Alan Partridge Was out of his depth in the lower leagues nevermind the Championship. But it's ok he scored against the Faroe Islands u14's or someone or other so he's got to be class.

People seem to think playing for Wales in 2009 is some sort of badge of honour

The days of Ian Rush and Mark Hughes are long gone :|

Even those days weren't great. The lol is Toshack, a terrible international manager anyway, was quoted saying Church would be better than Bellamy. :lol:

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 20 Aug 2009 23:52

Mooney >> Church

From what I have seen thus far.