Simon Church

MR. CYNICAL

Simon Church

by MR. CYNICAL » 19 Aug 2009 01:50

Can anyone tell me what he's about?
Seen him 4 times now and he looks well out of his depth,poor first touch,wrong player to play the lone striker roll,

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Simon Church

by Jackson Corner » 19 Aug 2009 02:43

The fact that Brenda is still picking him makes me question his management skills. Has no physical presence, no pace, looks weak in the air and has the first touch of a drunk girrafe.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 19 Aug 2009 02:51

Liverpool are watching him, remember :|

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 07:25

MR. CYNICAL Can anyone tell me what he's about?
Seen him 4 times now and he looks well out of his depth,poor first touch,wrong player to play the lone striker roll,

Would you prefer he played the lone striker baguette?

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 19 Aug 2009 07:45

The more I read the opening post, the more I thought we were talking about Shane Long. Worryingly similar, equally as poor.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Aug 2009 08:12

YateleyRoyal
MR. CYNICAL Can anyone tell me what he's about?

Would you prefer he played the lone striker baguette?

:D

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 19 Aug 2009 08:19

Have to agree.

Can't understand why Mooney is consistently overlooked in favour of Church who is clearly out of depth.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 08:23

Another one that Coppell got right. He knew these guys weren't ready, and you can't help thinking that Brendan is shitting bricks at the moment, unless his self-belief really does run to Jose proportions.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 19 Aug 2009 08:28

i was just about to start a thread suggesting we loan church out and sell long
i think mooney has got an eye for goal... his goals on youtube are great , he can score from stupid angles
Bignall looks strong and up for it.... hunt is steady and strong (needs fitness )
i think if they can be fit for saturday ,i'd want bignall and marek in , and probably gunnersson to steady the ship (in place of cisse)
add smith into the equation and i'll wager we start creeping up to the top 8 , which is where i was expecting.
church needs a season in league one , without question

yuomi

by yuomi » 19 Aug 2009 08:31

CMRoyal Another one that Coppell got right. He knew these guys weren't ready, and you can't help thinking that Brendan is shitting bricks at the moment, unless his self-belief really does run to Jose proportions.

the problem is it doesnt. and thats why the entire squad look like a bunch of rabbits in the headlights. im not entirely sure, and im aware this is a big claim to make after 3 games, that he has the dressing room on his side. despite his words, he doesnt look positive. he doesnt look like he expects anything from us at the moment. and his words are, frankly, platitudinal bullshit designed only to placate idiots. my concern is that, if he cant get this team onside, this is going to be a rocky ride.

yuomi

by yuomi » 19 Aug 2009 08:35

Einstein agogo i was just about to start a thread suggesting we loan church out and sell long
i think mooney has got an eye for goal... his goals on youtube are great , he can score from stupid angles
Bignall looks strong and up for it.... hunt is steady and strong (needs fitness )
i think if they can be fit for saturday ,i'd want bignall and marek in , and probably gunnersson to steady the ship (in place of cisse)
add smith into the equation and i'll wager we start creeping up to the top 8 , which is where i was expecting.

church has had seasons here there and every bloody-where. i think his stats while out on loan at various clubs in various divisions are 5 goals in 44 matches. fantastic return for a player considered good enough to be a lone striker. the boy is a welsh international for god's sake. and i cant work out if that is a poorer lookout for us or wales. anyway, if we were to loan church out and sell long, bignall was to trip over his tonka truck on his bedroom floor, besides mooney and an unfit hunt..what would we do?

vasilev.

radoslav vasilev.

i swear to god hes the answer.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 08:36

yuomi
CMRoyal Another one that Coppell got right. He knew these guys weren't ready, and you can't help thinking that Brendan is shitting bricks at the moment, unless his self-belief really does run to Jose proportions.

the problem is it doesnt. and thats why the entire squad look like a bunch of rabbits in the headlights. im not entirely sure, and im aware this is a big claim to make after 3 games, that he has the dressing room on his side. despite his words, he doesnt look positive. he doesnt look like he expects anything from us at the moment. and his words are, frankly, platitudinal bullshit designed only to placate idiots. my concern is that, if he cant get this team onside, this is going to be a rocky ride.

I thought he looked like he'd been mugged by reality on Saturday evening, but I remain positive about him, and he has my support. Lots of top guys who know their stuff rate him, so I still think he'll turn it around. I just wonder if he feels he's been badly informed and/or let down by the people around him. After all, give him credit, he identified Smith and another forward as priority signings right from the off. He has had to start the season without them, which can't be good for his morale.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 19 Aug 2009 08:43

Einstein agogo i was just about to start a thread suggesting we loan church out and sell long

Church, Bignall, Mooney etc have all looked OK against weaker opposition, but now they've been up against stronger teams they don't look so good and I'm not sure whether it's their fault or not as our whole attack seems to crumble when we get anywhere near the box. In Long's favour, at least he seems to go looking for the ball rather than waiting for it... that's how it looks to me. They've all been made to look quite ineffectual anyway.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 19 Aug 2009 08:44

Strikers need service to score and we have no end product to open a defence up.

We need to play with width and get the crosses over which we are not doing so at this moment in time it does not matter whether Long or Church play up front.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Aug 2009 08:47

+1

No service = no goals no matter whether you have Keith Scott or Fernando Torres up front

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 Aug 2009 08:48

The Real Sandhurst Royal Strikers need service to score and we have no end product to open a defence up.

We need to play with width and get the crosses over which we are not doing so at this moment in time it does not matter whether Long or Church play up front.

Up to a point, Lord Copper. If the midfield had someone they could confidently feed regularly in the knowledge that that player would hold the ball up and bring others into play, then the service would improve. It's a two-way street.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 19 Aug 2009 08:49

I'm convinced there was a paperwork mixup a couple of years ago and we sold the wrong Simon C

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 19 Aug 2009 08:54

He hasn't looked too good Yet, but he's trying to get used to a new system and a striker can't score without the service.
He deserves more time.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 19 Aug 2009 08:57

He hasn't scored many goals for Crewe or Wycombe, so why is anyone surprised he can't score in the Championship. If we don't sign 2 strikers we'll go down...FACT!!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Aug 2009 09:13

I'll save my 'I told you so's' about Church for a little while longer....

Perhaps those that have been lauding up the youngsters are starting to see a bit of reality through the clubs PR hype and the desire for these kids to come good. Still give them a bit more time, but what the clubs needs is a few true Championship quality forwards to help them along. Until we get those in we'll struggle in the final third.