Fans turn on Madejski

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Fans turn on Madejski

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 17:54

Well the fans certainly turned on the chairman after the third goal, and can you blame them?

"Where's the money gone, WHERE'S THE MONEY GONE?"

And for those texting into 107 about the booing and how unfair it was on the team - I don't think the boo's were for the team, they were aimed right at Mr Madejski.

Can't fault the effort from the lads today.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Fans turn on Madejski

by PEARCEY » 22 Aug 2009 17:55

Its not surprising really especially as we haven't won at home for seven bloody months.

royalrose

by royalrose » 22 Aug 2009 18:00

cant the club see that when a promoted club comes down and doesnt invest still and just lets everyone leave they are never successful and even though we arent in bad situations like charlton and southampton but it has that feel about it get rid of the squad and put the youngsters out the teams that come down and invest strongly go straight back up look at birmingham and west brom and even sheff utd they are always up there i just cant see why the board cant see this frustrating

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 18:04

royalrose cant the club see that when a promoted club comes down and doesnt invest still and just lets everyone leave they are never successful and even though we arent in bad situations like charlton and southampton but it has that feel about it get rid of the squad and put the youngsters out the teams that come down and invest strongly go straight back up look at birmingham and west brom and even sheff utd they are always up there i just cant see why the board cant see this frustrating

If you can't even use a full stop, I aint reading all that.

mad79

by mad79 » 22 Aug 2009 18:08

Whers the money gone and all his friends from the premier league. Cilla, Parky ( not Phil) and even uri don't turn up even more. The man is a joke. Strip him of the the knighthood.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 18:10

mad79 Whers the money gone and all his friends from the premier league. Cilla, Parky ( not Phil) and even uri don't turn up even more. The man is a joke. Strip him of the the knighthood.

:roll:

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 22 Aug 2009 18:14

mad79 . The man is a joke. Strip him of the the knighthood.

Thats taking it a bit far

We just need some ambition shown from the club by signing some exciting players.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 18:15

120 million in according to Mick gooding, 10 million spent on the team- says it all. Fvck off michael knighton and get a new regime in.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 22 Aug 2009 18:27

FiNeRaIn 120 million in according to Mick gooding, 10 million spent on the team- says it all. Fvck off michael knighton and get a new regime in.

The rhetoric is fine enough but do you happen to live next door to a multi millionaire who wants to be slightly less rich?

JM has been trying to sell for 2 years now.Do you want him to give the club away because unless he does we are stuck with him.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 18:30

ayjaydee
FiNeRaIn 120 million in according to Mick gooding, 10 million spent on the team- says it all. Fvck off michael knighton and get a new regime in.

JM has been trying to sell for 2 years now.Do you want him to give the club away because unless he does we are stuck with him.

For longer than that even. He was talking about it at every opportunity pre-promotion to the Premiership.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 Aug 2009 18:36

The guy was a unknown car salesman 20 years ago, but now he is a household name is this region, it all started at RFC, I say to him get the fook out of my club, you made your name, you got all our money back, now find a buyer and piss off.

OTT maybe..but Im really pissed off the way my club is spirelling rudderless out of control back down to the lower leagues again.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 18:38

So, you just wonder if he's being as tight with his selling price as he is with buying players don't you?

No bids at all for us in 3 years? There is bound to have been enquiries which fell through, all down to madejski IMO.

Also, what type of message does it send out to the clubs fans- knowing the chairman wants out. Again, I'll revert back to michael knighton, he was making similar noises at carlisle for years.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2009 18:39

For the sake of, literally, a few million pounds a couple of years ago, Ego Man could have still had us worshipping at his feet, but he gambled on Coppell being able to work even more miracles without investment to save us from relegation and he lost the gamble. Now, he just cannot be @rsed with it, or so it seems. :cry:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 18:42

FiNeRaIn So, you just wonder if he's being as tight with his selling price as he is with buying players don't you?

No bids at all for us in 3 years? There is bound to have been enquiries which fell through, all down to madejski IMO.

Also, what type of message does it send out to the clubs fans- knowing the chairman wants out. Again, I'll revert back to michael knighton, he was making similar noises at carlisle for years.

It is a concern. If Newcaslte with the playing assets they have is valued at less than £100m, Madejski can't surely be hoping for more than £40m for this club, but he very probably is. :roll:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 18:43

Royal Lady For the sake of, literally, a few million pounds a couple of years ago, Ego Man could have still had us worshipping at his feet, but he gambled on Coppell being able to work even more miracles without investment to save us from relegation and he lost the gamble. Now, he just cannot be @rsed with it, or so it seems. :cry:

Now he hopes he has another manager that can perform miracles, and he can't without a few experienced players he seems reluctant to purchase, or retain.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 22 Aug 2009 18:55

Won't it be enjoyable watching "Rich Man.Poor Man" on Tueday night ? (BBC2 I believe).

More like "Rich Man,Richer Man"

Clearly he's lost interest in RFC.He's got bigger fish to fry these days what withthese big property investment schemes.I suspect that that is where a huge chunk of the money has gone.......

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Aug 2009 19:03

Royal Rebel Won't it be enjoyable watching "Rich Man.Poor Man" on Tueday night ? (BBC2 I believe).

Clearly he's lost interest in RFC.He's got bigger fish to fry these days what withthese big property investment schemes.I suspect that that is where a huge chunk of the money has gone.......

BBC4?

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 22 Aug 2009 19:43

Royal Rebel Won't it be enjoyable watching "Rich Man.Poor Man" on Tueday night ? (BBC2 I believe).

Unfortunately for me I shall have to miss Mr Ego as I (for whatever reason) trudge back down to the Mad Stad for further punishment.
I am meant to be going to the away game at Barnsley as well.
I think I need therapy!

frimmers

by frimmers » 22 Aug 2009 19:48

well if it does go tits up at least you can look forward to playing the 'shots next season.....it's not all doom and gloom.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 19:49

Id actually welcome a good derby with the shots, I remember getting bricks thrown at us by that lovely bunch in a pre-season friendly after we lost to walsall in the playoff final. Good times.

16k at todays game- how the mighty have fallen.