FAO The Singing Corner

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

FAO The Singing Corner

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2009 20:08

Sing when we're winning, leave early to get home in time for X-Factor when we're losing! The middle of the East at least managed to stick it out until the final whistle. Are you the North Stand in disguise?

Pic below taken just after the United third went in.

Other Mods - Feel free to move to a more appropriate forum.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO The Singing Corner

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 20:11

To be fair, what the fook was there to stick around for? The fans immediately turned on Madejski.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 22 Aug 2009 20:13

Can see me in my seat still :D

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2009 20:15

And another thing, Those who booed at the final whistle.... Don't boo the team, look at them... a team of kids and prospects, They do their best bit it's not their fault they're not good enough. If there was a lack of effort I'd be the first to boo.

edit - Fine if the booing was for Mr Mad, but would the players know it was directed at him?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 20:17

Forbury Lion And another thing, Those who booed at the final whistle.... Don't boo the team, look at them... a team of kids and prospects, They do their best bit it's not their fault they're not good enough. If there was a lack of effort I'd be the first to boo.

edit - Fine if the booing was for Mr Mad, but would the players know it was directed at him?

No one boo'd the team. And no, probably not because Rodgers came out and again asked for patience. Hopefully someone will spell it out to John Madejski it is in fact him the fans have lost faith in, not the team.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Aug 2009 20:18

Forbury Lion And another thing, Those who booed at the final whistle.... Don't boo the team, look at them... a team of kids and prospects, They do their best bit it's not their fault they're not good enough. If there was a lack of effort I'd be the first to boo.

I interpreted the booing for SJM. I was tempted to walk across to the Directors area and enquire politely regarding his health and general well being.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 20:19

Terminal Boardom

I interpreted the booing for SJM. I was tempted to walk across to the Directors area and enquire politely regarding his health and general well being.

He currently has a swollen wallet and inflamation of the visa. Go gentle.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 20:20

The players were clapped off and I think they saw that. The boo's were all for Mr mad and the disgusting transfer policy.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 23 Aug 2009 07:24

That's ok, when we lost 3-1 to Swindon in 2001, most of the 'loyal' Nobbers in Y25 walked out after the third went in, while shouting for Pardew's head (but mysteriously ran back to their seats when we got one back).

6 months later when we were pushing for the play-offs, I pointed this out to them and they denied all knowledge.

Reading fans.

FickLOLe, but never wrong.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 23 Aug 2009 19:35

Third goal goes in, little time left and don't look like scoring. Seen it all before to be honest and it wasn't just Y25 emptying, it was the whole stadium.

What's the point when i can go down an have a cigarette in full before getting on the bus knowing the game is good as dead!?

Paid my money so i can do what i want and i don't know why there's always this silly moaning of what other people do at a game, it's everyone's individual choice as to what they do. The board is bad enough so don't make the fans idiots too with stupid fishing posts like this!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Aug 2009 19:51

Compo's Hat Third goal goes in, little time left and don't look like scoring. Seen it all before to be honest and it wasn't just Y25 emptying, it was the whole stadium.

What's the point when i can go down an have a cigarette in full before getting on the bus knowing the game is good as dead!?

Paid my money so i can do what i want and i don't know why there's always this silly moaning of what other people do at a game, it's everyone's individual choice as to what they do. The board is bad enough so don't make the fans idiots too with stupid fishing posts like this!

+1

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 23 Aug 2009 19:59

Forbury Lion Sing when we're winning, leave early to get home in time for X-Factor when we're losing! The middle of the East at least managed to stick it out until the final whistle. Are you the North Stand in disguise?

I'm still there. But looking at that, why does it still take me 20 minutes to get down the stairs?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Aug 2009 20:36

Compo's Hat Paid my money so i can do what i want and i don't know why there's always this silly moaning of what other people do at a game, it's everyone's individual choice as to what they do. The board is bad enough so don't make the fans idiots too with stupid fishing posts like this!
It's the East Stand singing corner who come on here moaning about fans not getting behind their team, the Silent West Stand, Get invoLOved etc etc..... just thought I would give them a taste of their own medicine.

As a matter of fact, the central two blocks of the East Stand either side of the halfway line had as many fans in at the final whistle as they had during the game - well done to them or well done to the person who covered the seats with superglue!

North stand was half empty, was sat in the West Lower so unable to tell really, but doubt we were any better than the North to be honest.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Aug 2009 20:38

Forbury Lion As a matter of fact, the central two blocks of the East Stand either side of the halfway line had as many fans in at the final whistle as they had during the game - well done to them or well done to the person who covered the seats with superglue!

F*cking hell, are you awarding points for this now as if you were reading from the i-SPY Book of Football?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 23 Aug 2009 20:54

Forbury Lion As a matter of fact, the central two blocks of the East Stand either side of the halfway line had as many fans in at the final whistle as they had during the game - well done to them or well done to the person who covered the seats with superglue!

Your photo says otherwise.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 20:59

Compo's Hat

'greed, and it was largely Y25,Y24 that turned on Madejski. Loads were leaving, then the "Where's the money gone?" started and loads returned to a safe standing area to protest!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Aug 2009 22:20

Compo's Hat

Fair enough, but that area had the majority of fans still seated in it.

I don't see what your beef is here, you seem to feel the need to explain your own personal actions in response to my observations and opinions of the entire block.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 23 Aug 2009 23:00

Forbury Lion
Compo's Hat

Fair enough, but that area had the majority of fans still seated in it.

I don't see what your beef is here, you seem to feel the need to explain your own personal actions in response to my observations and opinions of the entire block.

I just think it's a pretty pointless thread to post a photo from a game that had a result with a photo taken no earlier than the 92nd minute.

bubibe

by bubibe » 25 Aug 2009 14:34

Forbury Lion Sing when we're winning, leave early to get home in time for X-Factor when we're losing! The middle of the East at least managed to stick it out until the final whistle. Are you the North Stand in disguise?

I think fans have every right to voice their feelings. It was not just this one game. That makes eleven in a row without a win at home. Do you remember what it feels like to walk past the away fans on the way out with a spring in your step?

We have shipped out player after player to teams we should be competing with. Looks like we now have Smith - though expectation on what he can change I feel is going to be too high.

We were 4000 down on our expected gate last Saturday which must be costing the club £80 -100k per match. Makes quibbling over £200k add on for Smith ridiculous in perspective. Simple Maths suggests if we can bring in the 1 or two new faces who can make a difference they will pay for themselves over the course of a season as their influence will be repaid in better results and bigger attendances.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 25 Aug 2009 15:52

Compo's Hat Paid my money so i can do what i want and i don't know why there's always this silly moaning of what other people do at a game, it's everyone's individual choice as to what they do. The board is bad enough so don't make the fans idiots too with stupid fishing posts like this!

That get's a +1 from me.

So does that.

Deathy No one boo'd the team. And no, probably not because Rodgers came out and again asked for patience. Hopefully someone will spell it out to John Madejski it is in fact him the fans have lost faith in, not the team.

That just gets a incredulous shake of the head.

Speak for yourself.

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1