What protest would work best to show our discontent?

100 posts
Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

What protest would work best to show our discontent?

by Gus the teenage cow » 25 Aug 2009 22:38

i'm open to ideas here, we are a creative bunch coming up with things like pants day and the car park demo. Now let's put our thoughts to how best to protest against the fact that our squad is severely depleted, that our transfer business seems to be some kind of joke and basically a team on the verge of Europe a few years ago now hasn't delivered a home victory in an age and can't seem to score

how have we fallen from uefa cup contenders to a two-bit overcoached undercooked youth team coached by a spoofer yesman, managed by a failed goalkeeper and financed by a tight-fisted oddball

we're a shambles and we ain't going to take it anymore

protest ideas please-let's get through to the boneheads that have overseen our collapse
Last edited by Gus the teenage cow on 25 Aug 2009 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What protest would work best to show our discontent?

by Deathy » 25 Aug 2009 22:39

Throw our kids on the pitch?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 25 Aug 2009 22:39

I think you should stop posting on here and stop supporting RFC, that is the best way to show my discontent.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 25 Aug 2009 22:40

Geekins I think you should stop posting on here and stop supporting RFC, that is the best way to show my discontent.

then again you're a bit dim so....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2009 22:46

Gus the teenage cow i'm open to ideas here, we are a creative bunch coming up with things like pants day and the car park demo. Now let's put our thoughts to how best to protest against the fact that our squad is severely depleted, that our transfer business seems to be some kind of joke and basically a team on the verge of Europe a few years ago now hasn't delivered a home victory in an age and can't seem to score

how have we fallen from uefa cup contenders to a two-bit overcoached undercooked youth team coached by a spoofer yesman, managed by a failed goalkeeper and financed by a tight-fisted oddball

protest ideas please-let's get through to the boneheads that have overseen our collapse

Nailing you to a wooden cross, planting you in Rodgers's carparking space, disembowling you and leaving you there as an example with your guts hanging out.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 25 Aug 2009 22:50

Ian Royal
Gus the teenage cow i'm open to ideas here, we are a creative bunch coming up with things like pants day and the car park demo. Now let's put our thoughts to how best to protest against the fact that our squad is severely depleted, that our transfer business seems to be some kind of joke and basically a team on the verge of Europe a few years ago now hasn't delivered a home victory in an age and can't seem to score

Nailing you to a wooden cross, planting you in Rodgers's carparking space, disembowling you and leaving you there as an example with your guts hanging out.

so I am viewed as a messiah figure/saviour b the massive :)

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 25 Aug 2009 22:50

Gus the teenage cow
Geekins I think you should stop posting on here and stop supporting RFC, that is the best way to show my discontent.

then again you're a bit dim so....

QuaLOLity cLOLmeback

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2009 22:50

Gus the teenage cow
Ian Royal

so I am viewed as a messiah figure/saviour b the massive :)

It may help you figure that one out if I point out that I'm an atheist.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 25 Aug 2009 22:51

Ideal I think something like this would be appropriate:

Obviously the effigy should be one of Brendan Rogers.

the effigy should be of hammond, howe and madejski, the unholy trinity

shoey

by shoey » 25 Aug 2009 22:55

How to protest?

be a real royal, show up, support the team, make some fukin noise and back the lads through our sticky patch.

We were never real european contenders, we got there like so many other teams have first season, as unknowns, like ipswich, wigan did, hull started off flying and burnley so far this year.

God although I aint happy, and there are things i would change, we have been in FAR FAR worse positions, but I'd guess you were not there?

it makes me smile how many folks on here were calling for SC head, and when wish was granted well....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Aug 2009 22:58

I for one will be staging a sit down protest,in my seat at the stadium during matches,and may even grumble a little under my breath. That will show the club that im not to be trifled with.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 25 Aug 2009 22:58

shoey How to protest?

be a real royal, show up, support the team, make some fukin noise and back the lads through our sticky patch.

We were never real european contenders, we got there like so many other teams have first season, as unknowns, like ipswich, wigan did, hull started off flying and burnley so far this year.

God although I aint happy, and there are things i would change, we have been in FAR FAR worse positions, but I'd guess you were not there?

it makes me smile how many folks on here were calling for SC head, and when wish was granted well....

Post of the day.

shoey

by shoey » 25 Aug 2009 23:08

exactly they are.
ALL of them were calling for SC head, after are, by most clubs standards great finish, got they wish now want BR out.
I too said I never wanted SC to go, and did on here alot too, getting angry with alot of people most of the time.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 25 Aug 2009 23:23

The club's management is obviously driven by a desire to maximis profit / minimise cost. Therefore the best way to get a reaction would be as much as possible to boycott the ground. This is going to hard for those with a season ticket so in their case I suggest that you spend no money at the ground. By your refreshments outside, don't buy a program and on no account go to the Superstore.

I suggest that this is planned and made public for the next homegame so that JM and co know it is happening and why.

For the long-term good of the Club we must withdraw financial support.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Aug 2009 23:24

Ideal
shoey it makes me smile how many folks on here were calling for SC head, and when wish was granted well....

I wanted Coppell to stay, preferably as long as possible. His style of play was direct and effective, Rodgers wants to just piss the ball about with no end product.
It seems to me that a lot of the "Coppell out brigade" are the same people who are now religiously supporting the humongous failure that is Brendan Rodgers.

I said, on many an occasion, "Be careful what you wish for".

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 25 Aug 2009 23:25

Forest Gump The club's management is obviously driven by a desire to maximis profit / minimise cost. Therefore the best way to get a reaction would be as much as possible to boycott the ground. This is going to hard for those with a season ticket so in their case I suggest that you spend no money at the ground. By your refreshments outside, don't buy a program and on no account go to the Superstore.

I suggest that this is planned and made public for the next homegame so that JM and co know it is happening and why.

this needs to be publicised, leaflets need to be designed and printed and distributed around the ground

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 25 Aug 2009 23:26

You could throw your toys out of the pram, oh yeah you already did though! :roll:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Aug 2009 23:27

Forest Gump The club's management is obviously driven by a desire to maximis profit / minimise cost. Therefore the best way to get a reaction would be as much as possible to boycott the ground. This is going to hard for those with a season ticket so in their case I suggest that you spend no money at the ground. By your refreshments outside, don't buy a program and on no account go to the Superstore.

Now, this makes sense. It is the only way that we can make our protest felt. Problem is, getting it to work. Unless we put up signs stating that the catering has been taken over and provided by The Lyndhurst Arms.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 25 Aug 2009 23:28

Every home game I do see the entire boards car collection outside of the stadium shop.... Possibly tyre let down or clamping ideas...? ;)

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Aug 2009 23:30

Take Ideal's lead and have a mass lobotomy.

100 posts