Can't be bothered anymore

114 posts
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Can't be bothered anymore

by Focher » 25 Aug 2009 23:25

after 25 years of supporting Reading i really can't be bothered anymore.

I can take the lulls in form, shit football, poor performances, bad managerial decisions. Im finding increasingly difficult to take plastic (or should i say spastic) fans with no sense of perspective, URZ no.13 shirts, totally mislead hype over average transfers caused by skysports and newspapers, clappers, rumblestix, and shit beer. We at the moment sum up everything bad that has happened to football over the last however many years.

Bring back Elm Park, the royals rendezvous, Courage Best, The Evening Paaist, and the Cardkey Network Southeast membership card scheme.

I would honestly prefer at the moment to spend my time posting mindless drivel about Burghfield Sailing Club, Christina Kim, The Scorpions, and General B's spunk cannon against Birmingham last season than sit in our mechano spakker bowl.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Can't be bothered anymore

by leon » 25 Aug 2009 23:27

Focher after 25 years of supporting Reading i really can't be bothered anymore.

I can take the lulls in form, shit football, poor performances, bad managerial decisions. Im finding increasingly difficult to take plastic (or should i say spastic) fans with no sense of perspective, URZ no.13 shirts, totally mislead hype over average transfers caused by skysports and newspapers, clappers, rumblestix, and shit beer. We at the moment sum up everything bad that has happened to football over the last however many years.

Bring back Elm Park, the royals rendezvous, Courage Best, The Evening Paaist, and the Cardkey Network Southeast membership card scheme.

I would honestly prefer at the moment to spend my time posting mindless drivel about Burghfield Sailing Club, Christina Kim, The Scorpions, and General B's spunk cannon against Birmingham last season than sit in our mechano spakker bowl.

John, is that you?

shoey

by shoey » 25 Aug 2009 23:29

bye then

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Aug 2009 23:30

Bless.....

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 25 Aug 2009 23:31

oh, and Rodgers out.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 25 Aug 2009 23:35

Focher Bring back Elm Park, the royals rendezvous, Courage Best...

I couldnt agree with you more on these three.... :mrgreen:

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 25 Aug 2009 23:43

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 25 Aug 2009 23:43

Mr Controversial

IN!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Aug 2009 23:45

Mr Controversial

You can stick the third. Jesus, what was their other beer like if that was their best?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 25 Aug 2009 23:45

who's up for Barnsley away then?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Aug 2009 23:49

Focher who's up for Barnsley away then?

thought you cant be bothered anymore

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 25 Aug 2009 23:51

loyalroyal4life

thought you cant be bothered anymore

:|

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 26 Aug 2009 00:52

I can see a pot, and a kettle....

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 26 Aug 2009 00:54

lozz2601

And....

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Aug 2009 00:56

Good post IMO, all these responses are from well known WUM's so pay little attention. The clubs lost a decent fan.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 26 Aug 2009 01:41

I think it's the boredom on a Saturday that keeps me going at the moment. I'm not enjoying it as much as i used to and there's only a small number of factors that keep me going at the moment. There was a serious consideration to cut back on games this year but certain factors decided against that... for now anyway.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Aug 2009 02:11

If you have been a fan for 25 yers then you will know there have been far worst times than this. We are going back to division one so what? 90% of the years I have supported this club have been in the bottom two tiers, it's what comes with supporting a club like Reading. If you want glory pop down JJB buy yourself a Chelsea shirt and sit in the pub every Sunday afternoon, with all the other plastic tossers who claim to be life long Chelsea fans and yet have never been within a mile of Stamford Bridge.
A true Royal is for life not just the Premiership.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Aug 2009 06:52

Jackson Corner If you have been a fan for 25 yers then you will know there have been far worst times than this. We are going back to division one so what? 90% of the years I have supported this club have been in the bottom two tiers, it's what comes with supporting a club like Reading. If you want glory pop down JJB buy yourself a Chelsea shirt and sit in the pub every Sunday afternoon, with all the other plastic tossers who claim to be life long Chelsea fans and yet have never been within a mile of Stamford Bridge.
A true Royal is for life not just the Premiership.

Read his post again - when does he mention wanting glory? You've totally missed the point he was making.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 26 Aug 2009 07:18

all we need to do is rename the stadium "Elm parke"
get a sponser deal with courage
reduce entrance fee to £4.50
wear proper hoops like QPR still manage to do! :(

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 26 Aug 2009 07:23

Stooper
lozz2601

And....

:lol:

114 posts