Back from the game..... Donny Rovers

271 posts
parky
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the game..... Donny Rovers

by parky » 12 Sep 2009 18:05

Well basically the way I see it is that our defence is good, other than occasionally moving forward from Cummings but that leads me onto my next point our midfield is missing something, Kebe can't beat a man and can't cross but on his time can be brilliant. The way I see it we need a man and have done for some while that can boss our midfield Siggy and Karacan simply cannot do this. Although there is a silver lining here I believe the man we need to do this is Macanuff.

Overall we played well but just couldnt move from midfield to attack and thus couldnt finish but the future is bright

Gar'n URRRRRZZZZ

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game..... Donny Rovers

by Royal Lady » 12 Sep 2009 18:09

I'm waiting for someone to slag off Marek, so I can chime in with the stock answer the RTG's give "HE'S NOT MATCH FIT".

That was pretty pants I'm afraid - a few hopeful moments which came to nothing in the end. Howard's chip onto the crossbar was the most exciting thing during the game for me. I'd like to know, all these people who were so pleased that Rodgers was now "playing the youngsters that Coppell wouldn't play" etc etc, why aren't we playing Church, Robson-Kanu, Davies?? Why has Henry gone to Millwall again?? I wonder, is it because Coppell was entirely correct that these players aren't ready for Championship football, Rodgers now also realises this and he's had to go out and get someone, anyone in?

I predict we'll get tonked about 3-0 on Wednesday now.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Sep 2009 18:11

We look like a side who's sold every player from a successful team and replaced them with cheaper, inferior alternatives.

The future isn't bright, the future is dull and uninspiring, as is the present.

If Doncaster had cottoned on to how poor we are and showed a bit of ambition, they would have won comfortably. We are currently one of the worst 2-3 teams in this division and will be hammered by one of the better ones on Wednesday.

Still, at least we got rid of that waster Coppell, who wants win over Liverpool, Spurs, Man City etc when you can have 0-0's with Donny.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Sep 2009 18:12

Schards#2 Still, at least we got rid of that waster Coppell, who wants win over Liverpool, Spurs, Man City etc when you can have 0-0's with Donny.

You're a smart bloke. Why do you post stuff like this?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Sep 2009 18:13

Because that's his opinion? Just a hunch. :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 12 Sep 2009 18:15

Royal Lady Because that's his opinion? Just a hunch. :roll:

But it's not match analysis on a match analysis thread.

It's pointless Royalee-baiting which doesn't really add anything.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 12 Sep 2009 18:18

Royal Lady Because that's his opinion? Just a hunch. :roll:

Why not, for once, let the man speak for himself?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 12 Sep 2009 18:18

why cant we forget about Coppell? apart from a good start to last season the last 2 years were utter shit with him.

As for Rodgers, he appears a mile off realising who are his best 11, i hope he gets it soon before its too late and we go down.

yuomi

by yuomi » 12 Sep 2009 18:18

i think its only royalee baiting because royalee's rtgs are of such sturdy design. its nothing but an exclamation of fact, SSC beat those teams, we drew with donny 0-0 at home today.

hes not wrong.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Sep 2009 18:20

Created naff all, though Rasiak and Hunt could form a decent partnership IMO

Cummings looked awful. Him & kebe's link up play was that of a special needs school team.

Sigurdsson bright for spells but he drifts in and out of the game a lot, he will be a very good player in the next 2 or 3 years.

MoTM for me today, couldn't really pick one out but I struggle to recall Howard not looking to be positive when he had the ball so will give it to him

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 12 Sep 2009 18:21

yuomi i think its only royalee baiting because royalee's rtgs are of such sturdy design. its nothing but an exclamation of fact, SSC beat those teams, we drew with donny 0-0 at home today.

hes not wrong.

But he missed out the bit when Coppell was in charge for our relegation from the league that those teams are in.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 12 Sep 2009 18:22

Ideal Re: "It's pointless"

No, it is completely relevant. We went from playing a direct and effective style of play, to playing a cumbersome slow-moving style of play which has now been proven ineffective over and over again. We could play 9000 minutes and not score.
Clearly this is not working. We have to abandon this style of play and go back to what worked so well for us.

I don't care if it would cost us millions of pounds to sack Rodgers, if he is not willing to change to an effective style of play, he has to go - it is that simple.

what that style of football that was so effective last season and the season before?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Sep 2009 18:25

Today was frustrating, but if not for I counted two fantastic saves from the Donny keeper we would have been two up.

I think Rodgers first half tactics were wrong to be honest.

He may want to call that starting formation 4-3-3- but it wasn't played that way.

Still I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, the new signings all looked up to it to me.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 12 Sep 2009 18:27

parky Well basically the way I see it is that our defence is good, other than occasionally moving forward from Cummings but that leads me onto my next point our midfield is missing something, Kebe can't beat a man and can't cross but on his time can be brilliant. The way I see it we need a man and have done for some while that can boss our midfield Siggy and Karacan simply cannot do this. Although there is a silver lining here I believe the man we need to do this is Macanuff.

Overall we played well but just couldnt move from midfield to attack and thus couldnt finish but the future is bright

Gar'n URRRRRZZZZ

"the future is bright"

You are joking right!

The heart has been ripped out of our club. This is becoming an increasingly disappointing time for Reading football club.
Fortunately I am missing the Cardiff game due to work. Perhaps that is a blessing in disguise, as I feel as low as I have felt for many seasons.

Our manager appears clueless which has rubbed off on the team.
Its all very well building for the future but you have to keep your league status to do it.

We are cack and the future is not at all bright it looks extremely gloomy

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Sep 2009 18:27

ZacNaloen Today was frustrating, but if not for I counted two fantastic saves from the Donny keeper we would have been two up.

He may want to call that starting formation 4-3-3- but it wasn't played that way.

Still I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, the new signings all looked up to it to me.

Yep, if they didn't have a goalkeeper, we could well have scored a couple.

Yippeee

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Sep 2009 18:29

Usual crap from the usual suspects on here...

Not the best of games - I put that down to the number of players we've had coming in and the international break, we'll improve. We looked solid at the back, Howard looked a good acquisition, Cummings did what was required and we deserved to win. We were disjointed and the game was a bit scrappy at times but I think we'll steadily improve rather like England have done under Capello.

The thing I think could speed this process up the quickest is if someone was to volunteer to take Kebe back to the circus - he offered Cummings no support going forward, didn't track back and even began tackling our own players today, can't someone give him a kick in training to keep him out for a while?
Last edited by Royalee on 12 Sep 2009 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 12 Sep 2009 18:29

Howard was class. Really stood out. Kebe was shit. Turns8 could have done better.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 12 Sep 2009 18:32

Im not gonna start preaching how good we are now, because we aren't yet , but its so obvious to me that IF Rodgers gets this style right, we will be very very good, and also have a team with a lot of years ahead of them. To start asking for the Coppell style back after the hammering it got on here in the 2nd half season is hypocritical and dam right retarded.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 12 Sep 2009 18:32

Is awaiting the "we're sh1t, seasons over" remarks, from, possibly, the same "fans" who demanded investment. Forgetting that a team with the new additions takes time to work as a, you guessed it, team. Yes they have had 2 weeks to gel, but that will only be from a personality and training perspective, they need competitive games to strengthen.

Overall we played ok, kept the ball well at times, but were sloppy in others. Product is still lacking somewhat, in the final third, but will improve.

Ref was pretty dire, hopelessly inconsistent, and oblivious to time-wasting.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Sep 2009 18:33

Schards#2
ZacNaloen Today was frustrating, but if not for I counted two fantastic saves from the Donny keeper we would have been two up.

Yep, if they didn't have a goalkeeper, we could well have scored a couple.

Yippeee

When the criticisms two weeks ago were "we aren't creating chances" and "we aren't challenging the goal keeper" it's called progress when this week we challenged their goal keeper and force acrobatic lunges out of him, which is far more than can be said for Doncaster who didn't look like scoring at any point.

271 posts