4%
We'll turn the corner and go up
4%

Total votes: 136
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Rodgers - Success? Failure? How long?

by Ian Royal » 19 Sep 2009 20:58

One nice poll to merge the feelings from the success and sacking thread.

Just for you Kurtz.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rodgers - Success? Failure? How long?

by cmonurz » 19 Sep 2009 21:00

Xmas for me. Imho, this summer has been a complete and utter disaster for the club, but any new manager can only work with Rodgers' inadequate squad plus loanees until Xmas. If he turns it around between now and then, then fair play, I shall doff my cap to him, but if not, then at least a new manager will have a transfer window and 20 games to try to save us.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 19 Sep 2009 21:15

I want to say until the end of the season.

What he's trying to do is a long term project and I understand and buy into that.

However I'm just not sure he's that good a manager. Might be time to cut our loses and run and if things still look like this by Xmas, he will go. I agree with people who say JM won't wanna sack him and pay his contract up, but how much you gonna get for a League 1 club?

I feared Rodgers was just hype, time to deliever Special One....

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Sep 2009 21:23

Give him to xmas, if we have not launched a formidable run and are not at least 15th - get rid.

I'm worried with him in charge, but madejski makes me twice as worried, he seriously needs to go so the club get some direction again. For the first time supporting this club I have no idea what we are supposed to be and what the plan is. On the effort put into the club this season so far- its basically just to avoid relegation which is embarrassing considering we were 4th last season and a freshly relegated club, needlessly put ourselves into this relegation scrap due to the clubs poor management through boor level tot he pitch.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 19 Sep 2009 21:32

None of the above.
Give up until the start of December so that any new manager has at least a month to assess the squad and make changes(dependent upon budget) come January.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 19 Sep 2009 21:43

PEARCEY None of the above.
Give up until the start of December so that any new manager has at least a month to assess the squad and make changes(dependent upon budget) come January.

Not sure it would take that long....

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 19 Sep 2009 22:02

Which twat voted for 'We'll turn the corner and go up' :lol:

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 19 Sep 2009 22:03

Season. Whatever plans he has are clearly a long-term in nature, so it's utterly pointless (much like us lol!!1111!.!11eleven) to decide anything on a shorter timescale.

I expect, however, that it's easier to hold that view if like me you're not going to many games at the moment, than going to all/most of them.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Sep 2009 22:14

OUT NOW - Never wanted him, wrong man.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Sep 2009 22:23

SLAMMED Which twat voted for 'We'll turn the corner and go up' :lol:

Royalee?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 19 Sep 2009 22:29

Royal With Cheese
SLAMMED Which twat voted for 'We'll turn the corner and go up' :lol:

Royalee?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 19 Sep 2009 22:32

Don't like the bloke's utterances, nor understand his tactics but to give him anything less than till Xmas isn't a fair crack of the whip.

I am though rather bothered that an ignoramus like me can look at today's team sheet and immediately think "Kamikaze" and be proved right.

yuomi

by yuomi » 19 Sep 2009 22:38

christmas. but i wouldnt cry if he turned round and resigned on monday either.

(disclaimer: i know its not going to happen)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Sep 2009 23:09

GIVE.

HIM.

TIME.

:roll:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 19 Sep 2009 23:21

yuomi christmas. but i wouldnt cry if he turned round and resigned on monday either.

I wouldn't produce real, actual liquid tears, but I would feel slightly uncomfortable though. I didn't boo him last Saturday though, honest.

yuomi

by yuomi » 19 Sep 2009 23:24

Pseud O'Nym
yuomi christmas. but i wouldnt cry if he turned round and resigned on monday either.

I wouldn't produce real, actual liquid tears, but I would feel slightly uncomfortable though. I didn't boo him last Saturday though, honest.

im probably being a little harsh on the guy. but the only thing that would substantially trouble me would be trying to find a successor. not that i imagine anyone would want the job right now. i think the last thing this board needs right now is a 'who would you get to replace BR?' fascination...

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Sep 2009 10:41

I've kept out of the arguments over Rodgers abilities so far, other than to ridicule anyone who compares him favourably to Coppell, as I didn't know enough about the guy to comment. After yesterday, I feel able to comment and my feelings are that right now he is totally out of his depth.

Yesterday, a more experienced manager changed his team's approach at half time and our novice completely failed to prepare the team for that possibility or respond to it once it was clear we were being overrun.

Rodgers is a novice at first team level and it's showing and costing us points. Who knows, he may be quick learner and work out how to do his job in time to avoid a further relegation but, as of now, he looks the wrong choice to manage a side successfully through all the upheaval.

With every game Reading play, Coppell looks a better manager, with every game Reading, and Watford, play, Rodgers looks worse. Hardly surprising though, you'd have to be a total moron to anticipate a novice who talks a good game doing a better job than a manager with 1000 games under his belt.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Sep 2009 10:46

Schards#2 I've kept out of the arguments over Rodgers abilities so far, other than to ridicule anyone who compares him favourably to Coppell, as I didn't know enough about the guy to comment. After yesterday, I feel able to comment and my feelings are that right now he is totally out of his depth.

Yesterday, a more experienced manager changed his team's approach at half time and our novice completely failed to prepare the team for that possibility or respond to it once it was clear we were being overrun.

Rodgers is a novice at first team level and it's showing and costing us points. Who knows, he may be quick learner and work out how to do his job in time to avoid a further relegation but, as of now, he looks the wrong choice to manage a side successfully through all the upheaval.

With every game Reading play, Coppell looks a better manager, with every game Reading, and Watford, play, Rodgers looks worse. Hardly surprising though, you'd have to be a total moron to anticipate a novice who talks a good game doing a better job than a manager with 1000 games under his belt.

Experience =/= everything

Look at Tony Hart.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Sep 2009 10:47

I'll be interested to hear what Royalee has to say on the subject - he's been a little quiet overnight. I really can't believe that there will still be Rodgers apologists out there among our fan base. If there are, I'd be very interested as to why.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Sep 2009 11:10

Give the guy a fricking chance, these things take time you fcuktards.

Give him the season, unless we're marooned in the bottom three which I don't think we will be