Just to Recap

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Just to Recap

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 09:56

Dull, uninspiring, get used to mid table Championship football at best, hard to see progress for the forseeable future.

And all because we were losing a talisman of a manager and have a chairman who was not prepared to invest in the club as he wishes to sell it.

I'm amazed no one saw this coming a year ago.

It Is What It Is

Re: Just to Recap

by It Is What It Is » 27 Sep 2009 10:02

Schards#2 Dull, uninspiring, get used to mid table Championship football at best, hard to see progress for the forseeable future.

And all because we were losing a talisman of a manager and have a chairman who was not prepared to invest in the club as he wishes to sell it.

'Talisman' :lol: :lol:

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 27 Sep 2009 10:12

It Is What It Is
Schards#2 Dull, uninspiring, get used to mid table Championship football at best, hard to see progress for the forseeable future.

Yeah i remember him when we got relegated, and when we didn't get promoted....

philM

by philM » 27 Sep 2009 10:30

Just to recap...

After your original "dull and uninspiring mid table" post you were proved wrong as we made the playoffs and just missed out on promotion.

But yes, you can say anything and like a stopped clock it'll be right every now and then.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 27 Sep 2009 10:39

philM
After your original "dull and uninspiring mid table" post you were proved wrong as we made the playoffs and just missed out on promotion.

Whilst mathematically that was the case, 4 wins from our last 17 games is a decent enough represenation of what Schards forsaw. Our 4th place finish owed more to the poor form of the other clubs around us.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 10:41

skipper
It Is What It Is

Yeah i remember him when we got relegated, and when we didn't get promoted....

So those would be the seasons when we had the second highest and 5th highest finishes in the club's 138 year history, yes?

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 27 Sep 2009 10:42

Schards#2
So those would be the seasons when we had the second highest and 5th highest finishes in the club's 138 year history, yes?

Jeez stop harping on about it.
Last edited by It Is What It Is on 27 Sep 2009 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 10:43

philM Just to recap...

But yes, you can say anything and like a stopped clock it'll be right every now and then.

:lol:

The circumstances we were in took about two months longer to have an effect than I thought they would, otherwise, everything I said has come to pass. Which must come as a shock to retards who can't see beyond the result of the last game. One 6-0 doesn't make a summer

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Sep 2009 10:45

FTR "foreseeable future" doesn't mean just one season . I think you'd have to agree that his prophecy rings true this season (unless you're Royalee or Winchester_Royal)

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 10:46

It Is What It Is
Schards#2

Jeez stop harping on about it. Hitler had some good spells in the 'nazis' eyes' but it doesnt mean he was successful!

As a summary of Coppell's spell at Reading, that last comment is possibly the stupidest ever made on HNA?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 27 Sep 2009 10:49

Well it's a bit pointless praising him for giving us our second highest finish ever in 07/08 - I could have managed that team to their second highest finish ever :roll:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 10:54

Maguire Well it's a bit pointless praising him for giving us our second highest finish ever in 07/08 - I could have managed that team to their second highest finish ever :roll:

In the circumstances, and with the benefit of hindsight, I don't think 36 points from 38 Premiership games was actually that bad a return for a team spending sod all and having lost it's best midfielder.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Sep 2009 11:53

Royal Lady FTR "foreseeable future" doesn't mean just one season .

It doesn't, but it does include that season, and he was hopelessly wrong last year.

The fact that staying down would result in the team breaking up and a spell of rebuilding didn't really go unnoticed.

Royalee could come on here saying "we are going to rebuild, and we'll at least challenge for promotion some time in the forseeable future" and he'd most likely be right. It doesn't make it him look insightful though, especially if his implication was for that improvement to start immediately.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Sep 2009 15:59

cmonurz
philM

Whilst mathematically that was the case, 4 wins from our last 17 games is a decent enough represenation of what Schards forsaw. Our 4th place finish owed more to the poor form of the other clubs around us.

Or more accurately our excellent form shortly after Schards prediction which made him look so bloody stupid.

Nice to see he's now trying to claim it about this season, despite the fact it seemed quite largely aimed at Coppell and the club for not getting rid of him. Oh look, he got what he wanted and only now is he starting to get what he feared.

Of course, by this summer EVERYONE with half a brain was predicting a big struggle and our lowest placed finish in a long time.

What a pROFLphet.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 27 Sep 2009 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Sep 2009 16:00

Royal Lady FTR "foreseeable future" doesn't mean just one season . I think you'd have to agree that his prophecy rings true this season (unless you're Royalee or Winchester_Royal)

No but it does mean from that moment in time. and under those circumstances which is where it was totally wrong. We now have quite different circumstances.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Sep 2009 17:42

surely schards cringes when his missus comes on to defend him

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Sep 2009 17:44

brendywendy surely schards cringes when his missus comes on to defend him

Most husbands/boyfriends do !! :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Sep 2009 17:46

Franchise FC

The best bit is she tends to do a good job of undermining his argument. :)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Sep 2009 17:49

Ian Royal
Franchise FC

The best bit is she tends to do a good job of undermining his argument. :)

Ian - I think you're missing the bit between the lines

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Sep 2009 17:52

I remember thinking the same with Tommy Burns at the helm, then we appointed some chap called Alan Pardew and suddenly we were a team worth watching. Maybe Brendan Rogers is the right manager but at the wrong time. Maybe Mr Mad will finally find a buyer to help him out of his credit crunch woes and things will change..... What I'm saying is, the current path may look bleak but maybe, just maybe something will happen.

Personally I regret renewing my season ticket, won't make the same mistake next season. I will take a brick by brick approach to attending matches, until the next brick is in place I won't be seeing anything new.