Where's Royalee?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Where's Royalee?

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 00:30

Only one Trevor Morley 12 games and out of ideas -some revolution that turned out to be Royalee.....

i cn only hope you dislike the new manager and then normal service can be resumed.....

Rodgers has sold himself short by abandoning the youngsters since the Pboro game - where were Karacan, Sigurdsson, Davies and Robson-Kanu? I and many others were encouraged earlier in the season, but Rodgers seems to have panicked and not backed his original instincts which will cost him his job.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 21 Oct 2009 00:33

Royalee
Only one Trevor Morley 12 games and out of ideas -some revolution that turned out to be Royalee.....

i cn only hope you dislike the new manager and then normal service can be resumed.....

Rodgers has sold himself short by abandoning the youngsters since the Pboro game - where were Karacan, Sigurdsson, Davies and Robson-Kanu? I and many others were encouraged earlier in the season, but Rodgers seems to have panicked and not backed his original instincts which will cost him his job.

My thoughts exactly. The only signing that has been successful is Bertrand and that's just because he's good cover for Armstrong. I really want to like but he's made too many mistakes with the biggest being in the transfer market.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Oct 2009 00:37

Royalee

I could understand it if Rodgers had got the youngsters playing sparkling footy in the first few games if the season - but that wasnt really the case.

it seems to me you're the one who has panicked after making out rodgers was the panacea nd hastily back tracking before the axe falls.........

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:39

Only one Trevor Morley
Royalee

I could understand it if Rodgers had got the youngsters playing sparkling footy in the first few games if the season - but that wasnt really the case.

it seems to me you're the one who has panicked after making out rodgers was the panacea nd hastily back tracking before the axe falls.........

The youngsters were certainly playing a damn sight better than the bollocks that Cisse, Gunnar, Howard etc are now serving up.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 00:39

We played some good stuff against Forest, Sheff Utd before Federici's blunder, Barnsley, Cardiff where we were exceptionally unlucky and the first half at Pboro. Since then he's completely changed the thinking behind his team selection and we've been shit as a result.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 21 Oct 2009 00:41

It's such a shame what is happening. Rodgers talks well and I like the man. But he has signed some absolute crap! And he should be sticking with the youngsters who are decent- Karacan, the Sig and HRK are better than Howard and McAnuff IMO. Sad to say it but unless he goes we're going down

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Oct 2009 00:50

Royalee We played some good stuff against Forest, Sheff Utd before Federici's blunder, Barnsley, Cardiff where we were exceptionally unlucky and the first half at Pboro. Since then he's completely changed the thinking behind his team selection and we've been shit as a result.

What about the dogshit v Swansea and Doncaster?

Royalee - reinventing history since 2006.

Nailed.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 21 Oct 2009 00:53

Royalee We played some good stuff against Forest, Sheff Utd before Federici's blunder, Barnsley, Cardiff where we were exceptionally unlucky and the first half at Pboro. Since then he's completely changed the thinking behind his team selection and we've been shit as a result.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkktttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 00:55

Platypuss

What about the dogshit v Swansea and Doncaster?

Royalee - reinventing history since 2006.

Nailed.

We weren't amazing against Doncaster but we still controlled the game and never looked like losing, hardly utter dogshit - just not as good as some of the other performances. Tonight was dogshit.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 00:55

readingbedding

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkktttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

Hello Mr Promotion Party.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Oct 2009 00:59

Royalee
readingbedding

Hello Mr Promotion Party.

Says Mr "Top at Xmas? Someone's had a few too many sherrys."

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 01:02

Yeah, I called it wrong and thought we'd be doing better. I thought Rodgers would have more bottle and keep with what he was attempting to do up until Peterborough but he hasn't, so I was wrong to have faith in him. That said, I wasn't to know he'd do a u-turn and I still think that the youngsters are the way forward, not the crap from tonight and the last month or so. At least I've got the balls to admit when I call something wrong unlike some on here from the last 2 years.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 21 Oct 2009 01:05

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Oct 2009 01:06

and the preston result? lucky i suppose and it doesnt fit in with your theory.

what it boils down to is that i cant see how you can decide he is the greatest manager based on a few uplifting interviews and half a season at watford, continue to priase him whe he gives some youngsters a run out with a mixed return and then decide that in the last 6 games he has panicked and therefore should go. at least you were consistent (albeit wrong) in your coppell rants

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Oct 2009 01:08

Royalee Yeah, I called it wrong and thought we'd be doing better. I thought Rodgers would have more bottle and keep with what he was attempting to do up until Peterborough but he hasn't, so I was wrong to have faith in him. That said, I wasn't to know he'd do a u-turn and I still think that the youngsters are the way forward, not the crap from tonight and the last month or so. At least I've got the balls to admit when I call something wrong unlike some on here from the last 2 years.

i think you need to support someone longer than 6 games before you can say you had faith in them.....

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 01:10

Only one Trevor Morley

and the preston result? lucky i suppose and it doesnt fit in with your theory.

what it boils down to is that i cant see how you can decide he is the greatest manager based on a few uplifting interviews and half a season at watford, continue to priase him whe he gives some youngsters a run out with a mixed return and then decide that in the last 6 games he has panicked and therefore should go. at least you were consistent (albeit wrong) in your coppell rants

Preston was lucky if you speak to those who went.

I was enthused by what he did at Watford and what he said time after time he was going to do here - all the early indications were that we were progressing and the football was improving even if we weren't getting the results (although we could easily have taken wins from Forest, Doncaster, Cardiff and Pboro if we'd kept concentration and stopped the lapses in concentration as we dominated all 4 games, even when we were crap against Doncaster in a dull game. Sigurdsson was playing well, same with Karacan, Pearce was okay, etc. Since then he's dropped Sigurdsson, faffed about with Karacan, dropped Pearce from the squad, disregarded Robson-Kanu still and sent Davies out on loan.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 01:12

Only one Trevor Morley
Royalee Yeah, I called it wrong and thought we'd be doing better. I thought Rodgers would have more bottle and keep with what he was attempting to do up until Peterborough but he hasn't, so I was wrong to have faith in him. That said, I wasn't to know he'd do a u-turn and I still think that the youngsters are the way forward, not the crap from tonight and the last month or so. At least I've got the balls to admit when I call something wrong unlike some on here from the last 2 years.

i think you need to support someone longer than 6 games before you can say you had faith in them.....

I'd still be supporting him now if we'd continued with what he'd tried to do before, even if we'd got similar results if I could still see progress in the way we were playing. As it is, he's abandoned the youngsters, tried to both it with 'senior pros' who aren't good enough and gone back on everything.

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Oct 2009 01:17

Royalee
Only one Trevor Morley

I'd still be supporting him now if we'd continued with what he'd tried to do before, even if we'd got similar results if I could still see progress in the way we were playing. As it is, he's abandoned the youngsters, tried to both it with 'senior pros' who aren't good enough and gone back on everything.

and if he plays 5 of the youngsters again on monday? back on board? cummings is young, as is o'dea...and church - not sure its just that reason. but hey you need a reason to get out of the hole you've dug and now we'll enjoy hearing that flogged to death until the wather vane blows in another direction.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Oct 2009 10:18

Royalee I'd still be supporting him now if we'd continued with what he'd tried to do before, even if we'd got similar results if I could still see progress in the way we were playing. As it is, he's abandoned the youngsters, tried to both it with 'senior pros' who aren't good enough and gone back on everything.

The problem is the same as the first few games in that in reality he's hardly given anyone a proper chance. He was so keen to be seen to give everyone a go that very few have actually had a consistent run of games to show whether they are good enough at this level. Thats why we're 13 games in and no-one (including Rodgers himself) has the faintest idea what the best combination is because he's chopped and changed so much.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can turn things around and as i wasn't expecting anything other than a lower-midtable finish at best then I'm not quite as keen as most to dump him before the clocks have even gone back but he's got to show that regardless of where we are now (or the last 3 or 4 games) he is the man to carry forward the necessary rebuilding job here.

There is promise in this squad of players but he's not given it the chance to flourish or develop any understanding because he's constantly messed around with it and by his own admission considered the games up until the International break to still be "pre-season". Trouble is, he's pretty much had the same approach since.