Total votes: 136
Thou Voice

Re: Simple question - In or Out?

by Thou Voice » 04 Oct 2009 23:02

It's not a digital one??? :o

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 05 Oct 2009 09:39

Personally, I don't quite know how I stand here. I am worried that we will 'do a Saints' if things continue as they are, but I don't feel that Brenda has had a fair crack of the whip just yet. However, I do agree with Ian Royal that this squad should achieve more and am therefore puzzled as to why they cannot perform for both halves of a game.

It is still not too late to turn things around and rise to mid table respectability, which would be a reasonable outcome given the upheaval of last summer. If things are as dire after the next 5 games perhaps a replacement should be considered, but there does seem to be a deeper malaise at RFC than that caused by a seemingly inept manager.

Many of the users of these boards cannot recall windy Tuesday nights at Tranmere or a rainy afternoon in Rochdale in the depth of winter. Let's hope it stays that way.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Oct 2009 18:44

bobby m's syrup Personally, I don't quite know how I stand here. I am worried that we will 'do a Saints' if things continue as they are, but I don't feel that Brenda has had a fair crack of the whip just yet. However, I do agree with Ian Royal that this squad should achieve more and am therefore puzzled as to why they cannot perform for both halves of a game.

It is still not too late to turn things around and rise to mid table respectability, which would be a reasonable outcome given the upheaval of last summer. If things are as dire after the next 5 games perhaps a replacement should be considered, but there does seem to be a deeper malaise at RFC than that caused by a seemingly inept manager.

Many of the users of these boards cannot recall windy Tuesday nights at Tranmere or a rainy afternoon in Rochdale in the depth of winter. Let's hope it stays that way.

I think we can rest assured that SJM won't make a habit of sacking managers early on. Too costly for his liking. But I'm confident he will make the hard call in an attempt to avoid relegation to tier three If Rodgers can't show anything.

If we do get relegated, the next manager is bound to get all the next season and a bit at least. If we don't, then they've done their job and hopefully will get more seasons by taking us back up to the right end of the table.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 05 Oct 2009 23:37

In. Till Christmas.

Ryn

by Ryn » 06 Oct 2009 07:31

Out. Tactically inept. The only reason we will avoid relegation is down to three other teams being worse than us.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Oct 2009 10:29

Ryn Out. Tactically inept. The only reason we will avoid relegation is down to three other teams being worse than us.

Well that's kind of how relegation generally works :|

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 06 Oct 2009 10:38

IN! obviously.

I renember when everyone started getting into Italian football when channel four started showing it and we all used to lol @ clubs sacking their managers after a half dozen games.

I have not seen one single example on here of a poster who has called for Rogers to be sacked who hasnt on countless other occasions exposed themselves as being completley ignorant of the club or the game itself.

Fans baying for blood - know nothing JLCs - feck off back to following the big 4 plz

Fans saying he should be given time - Proper fans, bravo to you.

Ryn

by Ryn » 06 Oct 2009 10:50

Maguire
Ryn Out. Tactically inept. The only reason we will avoid relegation is down to three other teams being worse than us.

Well that's kind of how relegation generally works :|

Ha ha I know, I just meant that we will probably avoid being relegated due to the quality of our players, rather than the manager being able to save us, if you know what I mean.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 06 Oct 2009 11:22

In.

I don't like the way things are at the moment and I personally don't see that they will improve unless BR changes adapts his mindset a fair bit.

Let's not forget that the guy has fairly little managerial experience, as long as he learns from his mistakes and keeps us up I will be satisfied. He may turn out to be a great manager for RFC or maybe he won't. I'm not judging him yet. But that doesn't mean to say that I don't think that currently he is bring stubborn and persisting with something he believes in even though it seems to be going nowhere. I disagree wholeheartedly with a lot of his decisions so far but I'd like to think that he will learn... or perhaps if he keeps on plugging away with his 451/433/4231 he may eventually get it to work. Personally I would rather not carry on with it - a lot then depends on how far he is willing to push it IF he can't make it work.

But if he is still messing around with tactics, personnel and formations by christmas and we're in the relegation zone... perhaps it would be best to let him go. Hopefully it won't come to that.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Oct 2009 11:23

Thank god there is a majority of IN's. My faith in HNA is restored.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 06 Oct 2009 11:26

IN. Absolutely no question at all.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 06 Oct 2009 11:31

Thaumagurist* IN. Absolutely no question at all.

Until what point would you change your mind?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 06 Oct 2009 11:41

I thought I was on your ignore list, Jay.

Anyway, I'd agree with some of the others, after Christmas.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 06 Oct 2009 12:14

Out, no doube about it.
He changes the entire 11 every week, changes the formation about 3 times a game, and we're p1ss poor.
We should have lost every game up til now.
Our 15 year olds look great with 1-2's at the half way line, but no one can actually finish, hence we've scored the least number of goals in the division.
A new manager will have time to assess the squad before january if he's appointed now. If we wait til christmas, he'll only have a week before the window opens.
Rodgers OUT

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 06 Oct 2009 12:21

If I thought things were improving, I'd say 'IN'. But things are definitely getting worse overall (with just the odd upward blip - v lucky win at Preston, hit post 3 times FFS + Federici's masterclass). Therefore 'OUT'. I say give him 2 more matches, 3 at most then boot him out if things aren't looking better.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Oct 2009 12:38

till xmas IMO

not that its up to me

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Oct 2009 12:45

OUT

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 06 Oct 2009 12:45

Deathy
Terminal Boardom Another boring, pointless thread made worse by me adding to it.

What ^ said.

FTR, I like Rodgers, I just think he's shit. Tinkers too much, stupid tactics. If we reach 20 games and we're bottom 6, he should go before it's too late!

EDIT: 15 games max. If no sign of improvement, we must act.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 06 Oct 2009 13:44

Agree with the in til xmas model. If we're bottom 3 on Dec 25th, then OUT OUT OUT.

Gives a new manager plenty of time to get us out of trouble, and has also given Rogers enough time to arrest the current slump. If he can't do it by then, well he's just not right for us, and doesn't warrant being given the trust of another transfer window.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 06 Oct 2009 13:46

Couldn't be more adamant - STAY. Even if we went down. Stay.

He inherited a team that wanted to leave (Hunt, Doyle, Harps, Bikey, Matejovskey)

He inherited a team that have not consistently performed (Cisse, Rosenior, Pearce, Long, Matejovskey, Mooney, Kebe)

He inherited a team that is inexperienced (Church, Sig, Davies, Karacan, Federici, HRK)

Since taking over he has been thwarted in his attempts to sign Tommy Smith (which was not his fault) and, due to all the above, will have to be very patient in getting inherited team to gel - NOT EASY!!

When a manager is a donkey you usually hear rumblings from the players. In Rodgers case, ex players rave about him, ex players try to join him and current players blame themselves and stick up for the manager. That speaks volumes...

His signings have been, in my opinion, indifferent. Cummings I think will fail, O Dea and Bertrand are class but not ours! and Raziak and Macanuff need to step up when they are match fit as they are the stop gaps which will hopefully get us firing. These signings need a couple more months until it is fair to judge them.

We have played good football and controlled parts of games which gives us great cause for optimism. In a way it is better to look good and lose than win and look poor; in the end class will out and (another cliche) its a marathon not a sprint.

Lets hope I am proven right...