160 posts
wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

Re: Alternatives

by wolsey » 06 Oct 2009 12:29

winchester_royal
Man Friday
79Royal Forget the money, the Chairman and the mythical Arabs, Lady Luck is the one who'll have the biggest say on our season.

Rubbish. We'll end up where we deserve to end up whether that be first, tenth or 24th.

LOL. How narrow minded you are.

How - seems perfectly reasonable to me

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Oct 2009 12:45

Alan Partridge Errm, he's absolutely spot on. After 46 games you finish where you deserve to finish. Luck plays no part, it's manager's speak when you're struggling.

Of course luck plays a part. To say it doesn't is utter shite. So much of football is decided by lucky bounces, ref decision, injuries etc.... And to say it 'balances out' through the season is bull.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Oct 2009 13:03

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge Errm, he's absolutely spot on. After 46 games you finish where you deserve to finish. Luck plays no part, it's manager's speak when you're struggling.

Of course luck plays a part. To say it doesn't is utter shite. So much of football is decided by lucky bounces, ref decision, injuries etc.... And to say it 'balances out' through the season is bull.

Funny how the more shots a team has at goal the luckier they get, isn't it?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 06 Oct 2009 13:10

winchester_royal

ManUntd must have been really lucky over the last 15 years then.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 06 Oct 2009 13:16

Can't believe people are suggesting Parkinson. Rodgers is generally unproven and lacking in experience at Championship level. In my view that's better than being a proven failure at Championship level and having a wealth of experience in guiding teams to the bottom of the table. I'd like to see Tisdale. Great in conference and made the step up to League 2 with ease. So far this season Exeter are sitting comfortably in League 1 mid table, it looks like he has made the step up again. A risk, but a risk worth taking.

However Rodgers shouldn't be sacked yet so I really shouldn't be discussing this.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Oct 2009 13:27

rhroyal Can't believe people are suggesting Parkinson. Rodgers is generally unproven and lacking in experience at Championship level. In my view that's better than being a proven failure at Championship level and having a wealth of experience in guiding teams to the bottom of the table. I'd like to see Tisdale. Great in conference and made the step up to League 2 with ease. So far this season Exeter are sitting comfortably in League 1 mid table, it looks like he has made the step up again. A risk, but a risk worth taking.

However Rodgers shouldn't be sacked yet so I really shouldn't be discussing this.

You do appreciate that Parky is in charge of Charlton, who are 2nd in L1? The same Parky who took Colchester into the Championship on gates of under 4,000?

Agreed he wasn't a success at Hull, but he has a damn sight more experience at ALL levels of League management than BR.

Don't disagree about Tisdale, but I think you need to see the bigger picture with Parky.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 06 Oct 2009 13:30

Always been impressed with the chappie at Scunny. Done an amazing job there, especially as he took the job having been the clubs physio previously.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 06 Oct 2009 13:31

Parky took over Charlton at a very early stage of last season and never even remotely looked like keeping them up. I think he went his first 8 games without winning.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 06 Oct 2009 13:37

I said Tisdale back in the Summer but seeing the situation we're in now, we need a more experienced head.

Would love to see us give Big Ron a route back into management.

Ryn

by Ryn » 06 Oct 2009 15:00

Big Ron :shock:

Yeah, that'll get the monkey off our backs :shock:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 06 Oct 2009 15:20

Eddie Howe from Bournemouth, done an amazing job keeping them up last year and has carried on this year.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Oct 2009 15:44

We need to stick with Rodgers, end of story.

He might not be setting the world alight, but changing him without really giving him a chance to get stuck into what is, after a summer of overhaul and a rebuild job required on a squad in general decline for 3 seasons, a massive job.

Just because other managers are continuing on the success they've been having elsewhere doesn't mean they would've coped better with the hand Rodgers has been dealt. I actually think it's to Rodgers credit that he was so keen to take on the job. He was, to a certain extent, on a hiding to nothing from the start.

Lets give him time shall we, we're not Newcastle are we?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 06 Oct 2009 16:03

Ideal "Without giving him a chance to..."

RUBBISH!!

The man has had a fair chance. He has failed.
The reason it appears he hasn't yet got into his stride, is because HE LACKS THE EXPERIENCE TO DO SO.

Any experienced manager would have had a settled starting XI by now, any experienced manager would have nailed down a system by now, but THIS CLOWN DOES NOT. He keeps tinkering and experimenting, and it seems he still doesn't know what his best team is, and he certainly doesn't know what his prefered formation should be.

This has been plain as a pikestaff for quite some time.
I'm sure it is very difficult for some people to see beyond all the "tenerife timeshare salesman"-hype, what with the worldclass model, super fans and the big bumper book of tactics and the big watch, but for some of us it is very easy to see why this is not working.
The manager lacks the experience to know what he is doing, quite simply. He tries to come up with answers but only more question marks appear every week. Get rid. NOW!

Riddle me this, riddle me that, I wonder if I can pull a best starting XI out of my hat???
You're scared he might fail. However it's only October and he hasn't failed yet.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Oct 2009 16:23

Ideal "Without giving him a chance to..."

RUBBISH!!

The man has had a fair chance. He has failed.
The reason it appears he hasn't yet got into his stride, is because HE LACKS THE EXPERIENCE TO DO SO.

Any experienced manager would have had a settled starting XI by now, any experienced manager would have nailed down a system by now, but THIS CLOWN DOES NOT. He keeps tinkering and experimenting, and it seems he still doesn't know what his best team is, and he certainly doesn't know what his prefered formation should be.

This has been plain as a pikestaff for quite some time.
I'm sure it is very difficult for some people to see beyond all the "tenerife timeshare salesman"-hype, what with the worldclass model, super fans and the big bumper book of tactics and the big watch, but for some of us it is very easy to see why this is not working.
The manager lacks the experience to know what he is doing, quite simply. He tries to come up with answers but only more question marks appear every week. Get rid. NOW!

Riddle me this, riddle me that, I wonder if I can pull a best starting XI out of my hat???

How can he have failed already? The season has a long way to go and for anyone with half a brain you can see that his task is a long term rebuild and not a few months short term success at the start of his first season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Oct 2009 18:39

rhroyal Parky took over Charlton at a very early stage of last season and never even remotely looked like keeping them up. I think he went his first 8 games without winning.

Then he's got experience trying to sort out someone else's cock up and might do better this time. Even if he doesn't he's clearly the man to get teams out of League 1.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Oct 2009 18:51

Ideal something quite stupid.

I hope for your sake and Hobnob's that's demonstratably true or Pardew's lawyers never get a sniff of it. :shock:
Last edited by Ian Royal on 06 Oct 2009 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Oct 2009 19:36

Ideal Well ok, I have edited it for legal reasons.

You do know that saying allegedly doesn't automatically let you get away with saying anything you like, right?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Oct 2009 19:54

Ideal Also people seem to not take into account that ALLEGEDLY (UNCONFIRMED RUMOURS SAY THAT... etc) Pardew in fact slept with some of the players' wives, and I am pretty sure that decimated any morale and team spirit left in that squad,.

yeah, just imagine being one of the players whose wife Pardew didn't want. What jealously that'd spark.

The odds of there being any truth in that story are so short they'd be picked on by wee Jimmy Krankie.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Oct 2009 19:55

Ideal They'd have to come sue me in Norway anyway.

They wouldn't. If the slander is made in England, they can sue you in England.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 06 Oct 2009 21:00

Ideal They'd have to come sue me in Norway anyway.

They wouldn't. If the slander is made in England, they can sue you in England.

Drama Queen. Pardew's lawyers are really going to dredge up some random comments on a fans website that 50 people see so that it gets brought to the attention of thousands of people via newspapers, etc. :roll:

160 posts