Really back from the game/pub

171 posts
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Really back from the game/pub

by Focher » 27 Oct 2009 11:27

i have to agree with GB Visions assesment is bang on (as was Charlie's in Top Gun)

Shinfield Park Royal

by Shinfield Park Royal » 27 Oct 2009 11:58

Another 3 points dropped! Yes the performance was probably the best we've seen all season, but we still managed to lose! NIgel Pearson said himself after the game that Leicester didnt play well, yet still managed to win? Now surely a relatively decent performance against a team that didnt play well should mean a minimum of a point gained?

If Rodgers somehow manages to stay until january, a minimum of 2 strikers are needed to be bought in. By strikers i dont mean the likes of Rasiak who call themselves strikers but couldnt even prove themselves at teams like southampton. Strikers who know how to put a football in the back of a net!!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Oct 2009 11:59

Shinfield Park Royal Another 3 points dropped! Yes the performance was probably the best we've seen all season, but we still managed to lose! NIgel Pearson said himself after the game that Leicester didnt play well, yet still managed to win? Now surely a relatively decent performance against a team that didnt play well should mean a minimum of a point gained?

If Rodgers somehow manages to stay until january, a minimum of 2 strikers are needed to be bought in. By strikers i dont mean the likes of Rasiak who call themselves strikers but couldnt even prove themselves at teams like southampton. Strikers who know how to put a football in the back of a net!!!

You'd like to think so!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Oct 2009 12:02

Low confidence and a lapse in concentration = a game lost.

Doesn't matter how well you play or how badly the opposition play when you concede goals like that and your strikers can't put away the chances you give them.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Oct 2009 12:03

Don't worry - Brendan will get this sorted. Signs look good last night.

He'll be Readings most successful manager ever. You heard it here first.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 27 Oct 2009 12:04

Marek was shit last night tbf, time he was farmed out.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Oct 2009 12:04

AF1 Marek was shit last night tbf, time he was farmed out.

:lol:

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 27 Oct 2009 12:05

brendywendy

:?: :?:

anyone got a count on the number of incomplete passes :?:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Oct 2009 12:06

I would have thought most people would have had you sussed by now AF1.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Oct 2009 12:09

AF1
brendywendy

yes

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Oct 2009 12:21

Ian Royal
loyalroyal4life
PEARCEY Ian. What the fcuck are you on??? Rasiak's performance was pitiful.

well he wasnt actually at the game so that may explain it

anyone who thinks tabb was poor needs to watch a video of Pearce's performance. how the fcuk can you put him in the team let alone captain!!

bring in a loan striker.. like marcus bent and we may well get some points (or at least goals)

cant blame the manager look above and beyond him!!

Ow, I'm cut to the quick. Come back when you're balls have dropped then have another go.

Try actually turning up to a game before making a review on ACTUAL performances

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Oct 2009 12:22

Who were the pundits last night on Sky Sports?

Was it Kevin Doyle? Was it me, or were the Leicester fans signing:

'Kevin Doyle is a Twat?!'

?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Oct 2009 13:34

RG30
howser I just dont think that Madejski would pay out for a decent striker

So the £1.8million we were willing to shell out for Tommy Smith counts for nothing?

We weren't prepared to shell that out until it was too effing late!! Funny how many times that has happened. Displays a willingness to pay without ever having to do it! :twisted:

Then there is also the question of the peanuts on offer for wages which has now left us rivalling Longleat!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Oct 2009 13:35

RoyalBlue
RG30
howser I just dont think that Madejski would pay out for a decent striker

So the £1.8million we were willing to shell out for Tommy Smith counts for nothing?

We weren't prepared to shell that out until it was too effing late!! Funny how many times that has happened. Displays a willingness to pay without ever having to do it! :twisted:

Then there is also the question of the peanuts on offer for wages which has now left us rivalling Longleat!

We had to sell before we could afford to spend that kind of money.

Should we have stumped up the cash and gambled on someone paying enough to take Hunt and Bikey off our hands? Possibly, but the reality is that isn't how the clubs run.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Oct 2009 13:38

AF1
brendywendy

Far more relevant. Anyone got the number of completed passes? You have to buy a ticket for the lottery to win it and at least Marek isn't afraid to buy plenty of tickets!

Hoop Blah
RoyalBlue
RG30 We weren't prepared to shell that out until it was too effing late!! Funny how many times that has happened. Displays a willingness to pay without ever having to do it! :twisted:

We had to sell before we could afford to spend that kind of money.

Should we have stumped up the cash and gambled on someone paying enough to take Hunt and Bikey off our hands? Possibly, but the reality is that isn't how the clubs run.

And look what happens when you run it how it is. You can no more expect to be successful in completely changing the players/cost base overnight than you can expect to successfully reform RoyalMail overnight! And if you try to rush it through you end up in the shyte!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Oct 2009 14:27

I agree with the general sentiment on here about Matejovsky. I wasn't convinced about him until this season. When he has played this season he has always been hungry for the ball and creative with it. One pass to Kebe in the second-half was sublime and angled in a way that not many others could manage at Championship level. He has to stay in the side and not dropped after a couple of games and then brought back in for another brief run etc etc.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 27 Oct 2009 14:45

Ian Royal Right I'm actually feeling strangely positive after that. It may have something to do with winning money at the bookies (£6 profit), or it may be because that was probably the best I've seen Reading play all season. Not that that is saying a great deal.

Generally we played well, had the better possession and chances but coulnd't quite convert anything. With a team in form and confidence we'd have scored 4 or 5 IMO. I'm happy for Rodgers to get a stay of execution after that, which as many will realise is a bit of a turn around for me in recent weeks. That comes with a caveat though. He HAS to play the same 11 in the next game. More changes and he can oxf*rd off.

Federici: 8 - no chance with the goal, two great saves to deny Fryatt + another to stop Howard late on.
Tabb: 8 - yet again not a foot wrong, not a lot going forward but solid defensively
Pearce: 7 - solid defensively, one clanger that didn't matter much not great distribution
Mills: 6 - solid defensively, awful distribution... can you say HOOF.
Bertrand: 5 - ok defensively, poor going forward. Two occasions he could have broken, twice he had a heavy touch in field straight to a defender. I may be being harsh.
McAnuff: 5 - his usual self, very good in patches in the first half mostly anonymous second half. Very unlucky not to score though.
Siggurdsson: 6 - looked good but wasted out wide IMO, still better there than Howard would have been
Howard: 6 - looked quite good, but didn't contribute enough and gave the ball away to easily too often
Matejovsky: 7 - brilliant in places with excellent skill and passing vision. Still gave the ball away far too cheaply in non-through ball situations
Church: 6 - excellent young player who just hasn't quite got the finnishing we needed
Rasiak: 6 - best game I've seen for him. was a nuisance and not bad. obviously lacking confidence

Long: 6 - ok couple of nice touches nothing more
Kebe: 6 - same but with better touches and one of the worst shots I've ever seen

Football's all about opinions, but I'm sorry Iver or ODea have to come in for Pearce. He was absolutely crap last night, far to slow and constantly got because of this. However like you I'd like to see Rodgers stick with a nucleous of this team.

One of Iver or ODea need to come back in to partner MIlls FACT! You could argue whether Kebe should start, but what I like about Siggy is he works really hard and doesn't give the ball away cheaply, unlike Kebe. As good as Tabb looks he isn't a right back so will get caught out of position or play everyone onside, so I'd like to see Rodgers work (dare I say do some coaching) with Cummings and get him back in team in a few weeks. You have to stick with Church as Shane Long shouldn't even be a professional footballer.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Oct 2009 14:55

A back to basics approach and for the first 44 minutes we looked good, from back through the middle, created lots but could not/were unfortunate not to convert.

Then disaster, right on half time we go to sleep at a corner and concede

Second half was a lot more huff and puff.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Oct 2009 17:13

ratings FWIW

fed- 7 no real chance with goal
tabb-7 for a midfielder on the wrong side, and in defence really very good- gave us so much more solidity that cummings- partly atr fault for the goal
pearce-6, caught out a couple of times, slow but solid enough
mills- 6.5,i like him, getting better, some nice distribution some poor, but at least he tries stuff
berti-6, less going forward than id like, but ok
matejovski 8, superb display, seemingly able to just walk it around the opposition as if tied to his feet, and sublime through balls, laced with the odd misshit
howard 6, better, much better tbf
sigi-6 good, but wasted on wing, struggled to get in the game as a result
macanuff 6, standard winger fayre tbh
chuurch 6, movement/workrate awesome, end product awful- may come with a run in th eteam
rasiak-6 better- won 50% in the air, created teh odd bit, some good touches amongst the awful

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Oct 2009 17:16

How was Tabb partly at fault for the goal?

He was a few yards behind the rest of the back four at times, and I don't think he really got involved in the game enough, but he did ok. Had no blame for the goal in my eyes though.

171 posts