Scunthorpe - back from the lame

322 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Scunthorpe - back from the lame

by floyd__streete » 12 Dec 2009 18:24

Well, can anyone in the stadium have registered even the remotest surprise at the equaliser today? I called it right as ever at half time in that we've dominated, only scored once and will drop points. Only surprise was that Scunthorpe waited until 10 minutes from the end to register their one shot on target.....and then almost won it when their sub ran at our terrified defence. Says all you need to know about RFC in 2009 that our best defender is a midfielder :| .

Had to LOL @ Radio Berks at the end. Dellor was clearly trying to rise Rodgers by suggesting - wrongly in my opinion - that the performance today was worse than the Palace game on Tuesday. Rodgers - after starting the interview with his usual superlatives - totally lose the head and seemed to basically ban Dellor from the training ground :shock: .

Boos rang out at the end, which would suggest that more and more people are losing patience with Rodgers. 1 home win all season is not good enough, 8 goals at home all season is not good enough, the team aren't good enough and Brendan Rodgers isn't good enough.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Scunthorpe - back from the lame

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:25

floyd__streete Well, can anyone in the stadium have registered even the remotest surprise at the equaliser today? I called it right as ever at half time in that we've dominated, only scored once and will drop points. Only surprise was that Scunthorpe waited until 10 minutes from the end to register their one shot on target.....and then almost won it when their sub ran at our terrified defence. Says all you need to know about RFC in 2009 that our best defender is a midfielder :| .

Had to LOL @ Radio Berks at the end. Dellor was clearly trying to rise Rodgers by suggesting - wrongly in my opinion - that the performance today was worse than the Palace game on Tuesday. Rodgers - after starting the interview with his usual superlatives - totally lose the head and seemed to basically ban Dellor from the training ground :shock: .

Boos rang out at the end, which would suggest that more and more people are losing patience with Rodgers. 1 home win all season is not good enough, 8 goals at home all season is not good enough, the team aren't good enough and Brendan Rodgers isn't good enough.

I still firmly believe you are mostly wrong on one of those points.

Rodgers clearly knows he's oxf*rd by the sounds of it.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:27

it was worse. it was even more lazy, laid back and disinterested...

pleased with the chances we did create but notice where most of them came - the first half and after their goal. When we were one nil up it was as if that was job done - i can go back to just going through the motions now.

i'm so fed up.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 12 Dec 2009 18:30

Teams that dominate and create the number of untaken chances that we did today, go down.

That is all.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:33

handbags_harris Teams that dominate and create the number of untaken chances that we did today, go down.

That is all.

Will Adminstration be our saviour? Or will Santa send us an Icelandic goal machine to start converting chances? It's going to be mighty close at best.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:36

handbags_harris Teams that dominate and create the number of untaken chances that we did today, go down.

That is all.

That's the worrying thing - as well as the fact we cannot or look like keeping a clean sheet.

We are unlikely to pull away from the bottom now - we've missed the chance with a relatively easy run of games which has come to an end.

Looking at next few games - Bristol, Swansea, Newcastle, Forest & Sheff U 5 of next 6 even one point a game from them is optimistic.

Big McC

by Big McC » 12 Dec 2009 18:37

As always we looked really poor when faced with equally poor opposition. If we continue to fail to win matches like this we are in real danger of being in a relegation scrap come the end of the season. For me only McAnuff and Tabb were remotely worth praise.
The Tim Dellor interview with Rodgers was extraordinary to say the least. Dellor, rightly in my opinion, questioned the manager's assessment that this was an 'outstanding' Reading performance!!!!! It was a million miles from that. What was even more astounding was that Rodgers did completely lose his cool - Thought Dellor couldn't be a supporter, etc.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Dec 2009 18:37

Ian Royal

That is all.

Will Adminstration be our saviour? Or will Santa send us an Icelandic goal machine to start converting chances? It's going to be mighty close at best.

Forget Watford going into administration - it is not going to happen. Anyway, they will be more than 10 points above us so wouldn't help, even if they did!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Dec 2009 18:37

rob the royal it was worse. it was even more lazy, laid back and disinterested...

pleased with the chances we did create but notice where most of them came - the first half and after their goal. When we were one nil up it was as if that was job done - i can go back to just going through the motions now.

i'm so fed up.

Totally disagree - I'm fed up too, but to accuse the team of not trying is beyond belief. I thought we played well apart from not scoring and then gifted them the equaliser. But I thought some players did a great job today and I feel sorry for them - McA was A* once again, Cisse played well, and Tabb once again did a great job. The Sig did everything but score. Lots of positives - do I sound like BR? - and I thought we were tactically very well set up in the first half and made them look very poor. But - we just didn't take our chances. And they took one of their two.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Dec 2009 18:39

Tim dellor needs to post on here, superb piece of fishing, far better than any of my old work ( been reformed for years).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:39

FiNeRaIn Tim dellor needs to post on here, superb piece of fishing, far better than any of my old work ( been reformed for years).

:lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Dec 2009 18:40

Hopefully, Rodgers knew that anything other than a win today would see him dragged before JM and given his cards. Hence, his outburst. Still, has only strengthened my belief that he is a complete and utter idiot and not worthy of managing our club.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:40

Royalwaster
rob the royal it was worse. it was even more lazy, laid back and disinterested...

i'm so fed up.

Totally disagree - I'm fed up too, but to accuse the team of not trying is beyond belief. I thought we played well apart from not scoring and then gifted them the equaliser. But I thought some players did a great job today and I feel sorry for them - McA was A* once again, Cisse played well, and Tabb once again did a great job. The Sig did everything but score. Lots of positives - do I sound like BR? - and I thought we were tactically very well set up in the first half and made them look very poor. But - we just didn't take our chances. And they took one of their two.

sorry did you see the second half? McAnuff, Tabb and Sig are the ones who carry this team. Cisse was alright as well. If it wasn't for them we'd have been smashed today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:41

Royal Lady Hopefully, Rodgers knew that anything other than a win today would see him dragged before JM and given his cards. Hence, his outburst. Still, has only strengthened my belief that he is a complete and utter idiot and not worthy of managing our club.

He's definitely a grade "A" cock

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Dec 2009 18:43

Dominated the game, had enough chances to win 10 games, didn't take them. Ingimarsson screws up yet again for the equaliser and we're robbed of 2 points. Cue over-reactionary shit on the radio and on here, good on Rodgers for putting that twunt Dellor in his place - I'll happily stump up a tenner for anyone to hit the tosser square in the face with a spade at Bristol, he doesn't know football from his ar$e.

I fully expect the usual idiot crew of here to bitch and moan at my post and call for Rodgers head, but then again I don't really care as I don't need sectioning, unlike many of our fans clearly.

If any of the players do read this, which they'd be ill advised to do given the average IQ present on HNA? , chin up, more of the same at Bristol and things will look a lot better come the new year when we have Thorvaldsson and more attacking options.

I'm off for the evening, tarra.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Dec 2009 18:43

FiNeRaIn Tim dellor needs to post on here, superb piece of fishing, far better than any of my old work ( been reformed for years).

*edit because I'm sure Dellor reads this as he clearly gains most of his 'knowledge' from here * Tim Dellor needs to grow a brain.
Last edited by Royalee on 12 Dec 2009 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:45

Dellor in being knowledge-less tosser shocker. What a tit that man is, Rogers was right to oxf*rd him up.

Decent performance at times today, should have won by 5 or 6, didn't take our chances, and were punished. If we'd gave scored a couple of those chances today everyone would be waxing lyrical over the performance. Such is football.

I really do like Rodgers as a manager, but there's that nagging feeling that it's not meant to be.

Sig, McA and Tabb all brilliant today.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:45

Royalee Dominated the game, had enough chances to win 10 games, didn't take them. Ingimarsson screws up yet again for the equaliser and we're robbed of 2 points. Cue over-reactionary shit on the radio and on here, good on Rodgers for putting that twunt Dellor in his place - I'll happily stump up a tenner for anyone to hit the tosser square in the face with a spade at Bristol, he doesn't know football from his ar$e.

I fully expect the usual idiot crew of here to bitch and moan at my post and call for Rodgers head, but then again I don't really care as I don't need sectioning, unlike many of our fans clearly.

If any of the players do read this, which they'd be ill advised to do given the average IQ present on HNA? , chin up, more of the same at Bristol and things will look a lot better come the new year when we have Thorvaldsson and more attacking options.

I like this post.

Royalee

Tim Dellor needs a bullet through his head.

+1

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Dec 2009 18:48

Royalee Dominated the game, had enough chances to win 10 games, didn't take them. Ingimarsson screws up yet again for the equaliser and we're robbed of 2 points..

It's a team game tho, surely we should have been outr of sight, one error may cost a goal, but other errors meant we did not score enough to cover one defensive cock up.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 12 Dec 2009 18:49

Royalee Dominated the game, had enough chances to win 10 games, didn't take them. Ingimarsson screws up yet again for the equaliser and we're robbed of 2 points. Cue over-reactionary shit on the radio and on here, good on Rodgers for putting that twunt Dellor in his place - I'll happily stump up a tenner for anyone to hit the tosser square in the face with a spade at Bristol, he doesn't know football from his ar$e.

what twoddle. it's their laxidasical approach to this game (and tuesday) that is what is so annoying. If we'd lost an thrown the kitchen sink at them an put real heart and soul into it, getting stuck in to challenges and showing for the ball and acting like we're in a relegation scrap then fine. But as has been the case for most of this season, they seem to just go through the motions...

when will we start getting the level of determination and commitment that the situation requires?

322 posts