The despair thread

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

The despair thread

by rhroyal » 28 Dec 2009 17:27

Angry people go to Wimb's "RANT THREAD". I have more despair because of the fixtures on the horizon and the inability to see a decent solution to our current predicament. We're doomed.

Berry

Re: The despair thread

by Berry » 28 Dec 2009 17:30

Thanks John, Youve helped build such a great team, more of the same after New Year???

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 17:31

rhroyal Angry people go to Wimb's "RANT THREAD". I have more despair because of the fixtures on the horizon and the inability to see a decent solution to our current predicament. We're doomed.

Gagh.

Sorry that's the best I can do. I'm not despairing until a couple of weeks into February when our January activity has proven to be a shambles and we're in the relegation zone.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 28 Dec 2009 17:31

I dont think we are doomed if we get Manager in before our next league game.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Dec 2009 17:32

Can I be both angry and full of despair for a few hours? ;)

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 28 Dec 2009 18:46

You know, this is why i love football, its so unpredicable, some you win some you lose,life goes on does the club i have followed for years, i can also remember bad time's just accept it.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 28 Dec 2009 18:58

It's not rocket science to see that we need a couple of decent fit strikers and a right back. At the moment we have only one right back, who is probably incompetent and so doesn't play. For forwards we have a young guy in his first spell in the team (Church), a journeyman who doesn't seem capable of lasting a whole game (Rasiak), a perennial reserve who is clumsy and hardly ever scores (Long), a novice who is not really a central striker (Kanu), and Hunt who is long-term injured. To which we are going to add an injury-prone unknown quantity (Thorvaldsson). Clearly we aren't going to score many goals with these resources, though thankfully Sigurdsson is scoring from midfield. We don't need to despair; the club just needs to act. Then we should beat relegation comfortably enough.

madmickb

by madmickb » 28 Dec 2009 19:07

westongeezer You know, this is why i love football, its so unpredicable, some you win some you lose,life goes on does the club i have followed for years, i can also remember bad time's just accept it.

No you pratt why should we accept it I bought a season ticket as I have done for the last 20 years I want to see 11players earn the wages that we are paying them each week today was the worst performance I have seen in a long time.
Madjeski has got to sell this club he has lost any interest that he had in the club, what is going on at the moment is making us the laughing stock of the league please John sell the club and let us move on or we are doomed

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 19:10

westongeezer You know, this is why i love football, its so unpredicable, some you win some you lose,life goes on does the club i have followed for years, i can also remember bad time's just accept it.

'greed.

stressed as usual

by stressed as usual » 28 Dec 2009 19:34

Ian Royal

'greed.

+1

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 28 Dec 2009 19:37

stressed as usual
Ian Royal

'greed.

+1

At the moment, '...draw some, lose some.'

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Dec 2009 19:39

It's not like they didn't have plenty of notice. Coppell resigned in May and the new set-up had a generous time during pre-season, anything they do now will be knee-jerk at best.

A rookie manager with a rookie squad was always a risky combination.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Dec 2009 21:02

feed the goat.he will score....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Dec 2009 21:17

The 17 Bus feed the goat.he will score....

we could feed the 5000 at the moment

and we would still end up with the fish

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Dec 2009 21:22

AthleticoSpizz
The 17 Bus feed the goat.he will score....

we could feed the 5000 at the moment

and we would still end up with the fish

jesus.that's bad.....

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 28 Dec 2009 22:12

madmickb

No you pratt why should we accept it I bought a season ticket as I have done for the last 20 years I want to see 11players earn the wages that we are paying them each week today was the worst performance I have seen in a long time.
Madjeski has got to sell this club he has lost any interest that he had in the club, what is going on at the moment is making us the laughing stock of the league please John sell the club and let us move on or we are doomed

Me the PRATT, if you can't take the ups and downs of Reading fc GO glory hunt else where, i very much doubt your a 20 YEAR ST holder, its been alot worse than this in the last 2 decades, surley you'd have givern up on us long before........muppet

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2009 08:52

1. Coppell In

That is all

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2009 09:50

westongeezer
madmickb

Me the PRATT, if you can't take the ups and downs of Reading fc GO glory hunt else where, i very much doubt your a 20 YEAR ST holder, its been alot worse than this in the last 2 decades, surley you'd have givern up on us long before........muppet

I've had a season ticket for over 20 YEARS and yes, I've seen us dangling precariously near the foot of Division 4, but we were never built up to think we could achieve more, we never expected more, we had a good old run down ground. Times move on, we have a 24k seater STADIUM, we have had two years at the very top of English football and we are sliding into obscurity because we don't have the right people - the chairman is the one cutting the cloth - if this club has been so well-run, why are we having to cut our cloth so much it's now just a frayed piece of thread, why can't we get a manager who knows what he's doing, and why can't our players play for their lives instead of strolling around and appearing to not be @rsed? THAT's my gripe.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Dec 2009 10:05

Doesn't sound like despair to me, RL.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2009 10:08

Gordons Cumming Doesn't sound like despair to me, RL.

I'm typing this with a noose round my neck, if that helps....