New Manager

westongeezer

Re: New Manager

by westongeezer » 26 Jan 2010 22:49

Ok i have a plan, turn Reading fc into the peoples republic of Reading fc share the managerial roles , so we put the team to the vote and taccies, ok i can hear you saying chrsit we will need a little more time than 15 mins at half time but hey you never know.

oh poo just thought. need more space in the team bench area, 19k managers could be tight
Last edited by westongeezer on 26 Jan 2010 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 26 Jan 2010 22:50

It will be status quo until or if BMD gets a win when he will be appointed. Oh and it seems obvious from his post match comments any new player this week will only be on loan which we all knew anyway.

When we get relegated it will be farewell to Bertrand, Ingimarsson, Griffin, Thorvaldsson plus Sigurdsson, Federici, Church and Sigurdsson to raise some cash.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2010 22:51

CholseyRoyal It will be status quo until or if BMD gets a win when he will be appointed. Oh and it seems obvious from his post match comments any new player this week will only be on loan which we all knew anyway.

When we get relegated it will be farewell to Bertrand, Ingimarsson, Griffin, Thorvaldsson plus Sigurdsson, Federici, Church and Sigurdsson to raise some cash.

Only Four I'd really miss that much there and two of them are the same player.

themadstad

by themadstad » 26 Jan 2010 22:51

A manager with league 1 experience, that is where we are going. We have a few players out on loan in L1 too so they'll come in handy when we have to sell the like of McAnuff and Sigurdsson!!

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 26 Jan 2010 22:58

George Burley? WCBAP

Phil Parkinson? - Would be mad to work here in an impossible environment?

I still don't understand why we sacked Rodgers, he made numerous and blatant errors, but something about him seemed to be as if he would get it right in the end :(

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2010 23:03

PistolPete George Burley? WCBAP

Phil Parkinson? - Would be mad to work here in an impossible environment?

I still don't understand why we sacked Rodgers, he made numerous and blatant errors, but something about him seemed to be as if he would get it right in the end :(

You may think that, but surely it's telling that the Board and half the fans don't. It may prove to be a mistake, but under the circumstances the sacking itself is hardly something you could fault as a major error worthy of being criticised for.

It was a close call and there's no way to tell if it was the right one or not. We're as likely to be in the same or worse position as we are to be in a significantly better one still under Rodgers.

And there is no bias or personal dislike of Rodgers affecting that statement. I happen to think we'd be no better off, maybe a couple of points more, but out of the cup and still in the zone. But I'm well aware my guess is as good as anyone's. It is simply guess work.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Jan 2010 23:05

Ian Royal It is simply guess work.

If it's good enough for McDermott..............................

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2010 23:06

Avon Royal
Ian Royal It is simply guess work.

If it's good enough for McDermott..............................

Sorry, but I can see a much clearer thought process and rationality in McDermott's decisions, even if I don't agree with them.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 26 Jan 2010 23:17

I see rationality and thought process too - something I never understood in Rodgers way BUT, so many of his ex-players loved him and the noises from our own players were positive that I feel he would have got there in the end.

Great at his job at Reading so he got cherry picked to Chelsea -great at Chelsea so same story to Watford - same again to Reading. I just feel he didn't get the time to do his job here :(

Back to topic - McD is rational but cant motivate - no need for motivation in the FA cup, so...

Who instead???

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 26 Jan 2010 23:18

Big Issue

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2010 23:20

PistolPete I see rationality and thought process too - something I never understood in Rodgers way BUT, so many of his ex-players loved him and the noises from our own players were positive that I feel he would have got there in the end.

Great at his job at Reading so he got cherry picked to Chelsea -great at Chelsea so same story to Watford - same again to Reading. I just feel he didn't get the time to do his job here :(

Back to topic - McD is rational but cant motivate - no need for motivation in the FA cup, so...

Who instead???

No one.

I don't think he can't motivate. We seem to have put in some stonking displays (except Plymouth) in the league yet not been able to score the goals or keep the clean sheets to make it worth it.

I still say we went through both rounds more because Liverpool and Burnley were awful, than because we did anything different to the league games.

working class hero

by working class hero » 26 Jan 2010 23:26

Rax
West Stand Flash Having a guy who is all friendly with the players ect ect, is no good when your in the position were in.
You need someone who puts rockets up players arses. Not a guy who is a 'nice bloke'.

Get Megson in.

LOL - you really are a little pcunt aren't you! :wink:

Megson - poor excuse for a manager, we'll deffo be relegated with the likes of him/Dowie in charge!

YOu may not like them - but both Megson and Dowie have succeeded on minimal financial input in the past....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Jan 2010 23:31

Give the job to Royalee. He obviously knows everything about football judging by the fact that he has an answer for everything.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jan 2010 23:38

Barry the bird boggler Steve Coppell. That is all.

Too obvious for HNA to understand.

Head <-----> Brick wall

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 Jan 2010 23:40

Wait a minute, the man positively incapable of turning a bad run/season round, GET HIM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 26 Jan 2010 23:42

oxf*rd it, let's go managerless.
The players can motivate themselves.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 26 Jan 2010 23:52

Big top

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 26 Jan 2010 23:52

Big Breasts.

joe999

by joe999 » 26 Jan 2010 23:54

get a temp in, won't make any difference with Madejski running the place. Fool.

Rax

by Rax » 26 Jan 2010 23:56

Biggus Dikkus