Mcanuff - 7
Karacan -5/6
Gunnar - 8
Howard - 7
Long - 9
Church - 5
Subs----
Kebe - 5/6
Hal Robson - 7 (only for winning thw penner)

rob9182

Re: Back from the game - Plymouth (H)

by rob9182 » 09 Feb 2010 22:43

Good win, poor game. First goal was a lucky break due to Church closing the ball down and penalty looked a bit dubious but hey ho i'll take it :D. Mills might find it hard to regain its place as Zurab showed some real class throughout the game. Was disappointed with Karacan again just not as up for it as his usual feisty self, but worst was definitely Howard apart from his freekick didn't really make any impct at all and left all the defending to Gunnarsson.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 09 Feb 2010 22:49

I was surprised at Jem coming off to be honest. Thought Howard was poor both on the wing and in the middle.

It seemed to fall apart after Karacan came off.

Was a poor game but a great win

Right back in it now.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 09 Feb 2010 22:51

Jem was poor tonight tbf, so it was the right decision.

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 09 Feb 2010 22:52

Just got in and all i need to say is thank you shane long for opening the scoring and scoring the winner as i had him to score first and a reading 2-1 win @ 18/1 on a £5 bet with returns of £95.

GTFI!!!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Feb 2010 22:53

For the second game in a row Gunnarrson has failed to clear the ball quickly at the end of the game.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 09 Feb 2010 22:54

Bryn played superb. Shup.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 09 Feb 2010 22:57

SLAMMED For the second game in a row Gunnarrson has failed to clear the ball quickly at the end of the game.

The previous 94 mins was pretty good though

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 Feb 2010 22:59

Looking at that it is easy to see why we are down the bottom, not enough movement and anticipation from the forwards, Kebe when he came on had the total beating of the defenders on the left, but seemed scared to actually take them on, so was often too close when playing the final ball in, resulting in disappointing crosses.

Couple of very good saves by Fed.

Would like to see more leadership on the pitch, Gunnar seemed to show a little, but not enough round the team altogether.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Feb 2010 22:59

rfcjoe Bryn played superb. Shup.

I'm not taking anything away from his performance, but he needs to put his foot through it and get it away in situations like that.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Feb 2010 23:00

It was a scrap, and a tough game.

Griffin was an inspired loan purchase, and Shane Long is getting there.

Result was key and BMcD is surely giving this team more and more confidence that was utterly lost in the new age voodoo that was the Big Watch and Bumper Book of Tactics months.

Becoming more and more a distant memory.

Happy.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 09 Feb 2010 23:00

And Howard was worse then Karacan, put shed loads of pressure on Bertrand as he kept coming inside, hence why Jem had to move more.

Username:

by Username: » 09 Feb 2010 23:05

Zurab made defending look easy - the sign of a class player

If we can get Bertrand and Griffin at the end of the season on perm deals I will be happy

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Feb 2010 23:12

Honestly? If Reading and Plymouth escape relegation this season I'll eat several hats :| .

I am pleased with the job that McDermott is doing and I am relieved that our luck seems to be turning, but I am concerned that these three league wins on the spin might be as good as it gets for the rest of the season. 2 clean sheets in 22 games would be bad enough were it not set against the mediocre crop of forwards we have at the club; Church had two very presentable chances in the first half, but did anyone really think he was going to score either of them? I felt that we pressed against a doomed Plymouth side but we absolutely lacked quality throughout and have only been saved from a poor result by a generous looking penalty decision.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 09 Feb 2010 23:17

Was a big result tonight and thought we probably deserved the win in the end.

Church looked poor again tonight, but on the other hand, what a better player Longy is looking under Maccy D...Took his first goal really well tonight and a confident penalty.

Zurab made defending look easily and if he continues to play like that I think we should definitely look to sign him permanently.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 09 Feb 2010 23:21

rg6royal Was a big result tonight and thought we probably deserved the win in the end.

Church looked poor again tonight, but on the other hand, what a better player Longy is looking under Maccy D...Took his first goal really well tonight and a confident penalty.

Zurab made defending look easily and if he continues to play like that I think we should definitely look to sign him permanently.

Shane has had a really bad 2009 personally, he's getting over it now and will only improve.

Kashinonthevillan looks class

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Feb 2010 23:22

Definite pen, plymouth fans aren't disputing it on their forums either.

Agree with your comments on church floyd, good all round game but never looks like he'll score. Long on the other hand has improved immensely, im one of his biggest critics but im happy he's doing well and scoring goals. Thought karacan and howard were poor tonight but bryn was good again. I'd be starting matejovsky when he's back alongside bryn.

Zurab looked quality also, very happy with that signing. Would love to see him and mills at the back going forward.

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 09 Feb 2010 23:23

Floyd has summed it up I'm afraid. We didn't do anything to deserve that win. Shane Long however looked dangerous all night, Well Done Shane keep it up.

The rest of the team looked like they thought we would always win. At 1-0 we were 'taking our time' over everything. So obvious that a sting in the tail was coming. Plymough would not have scored on their own merits they were that poor. Our clumsy defending and not clearing the danger resulted in their inevitable goal.

I can't even feel elated that we got the 3 points after that performance.

I will await the RTG boo boys slagging but let's be frank we are a poor side who are still looking very nervy and have very little quality especially where it really matters in front of goal and in defence.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Feb 2010 23:25

Its all about Andy Griffin, he has been steady throughout his royals tenure, kish wasnt bad either if only mcderm would have the bottle now to drop IVAR and play Mills and Kish then our back 4 would be solid as a rock 8)

186 posts