Pathetic

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

Pathetic

by Sharpy » 24 Apr 2010 22:52

Just a moan really, i couldn't believe some of the comments i heard at the game today. I was sat just along from an elderly couple and they left halfway through the first half because of it. I don't mind the c word occasionally but i must have heard it ovr 400 times today. Also someone sat near me also chose to shout out something racist. I'm shocked i was the only person in the vicinity to say something to them. I am all for banter etc, those of you who know me will know that but there was just hatred out there today.
Worst experience at a game it has to be said, saying that a good day out in spongebobs possie!!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pathetic

by Wimb » 24 Apr 2010 23:00

Sharpy Just a moan really, i couldn't believe some of the comments i heard at the game today. I was sat just along from an elderly couple and they left halfway through the first half because of it. I don't mind the c word occasionally but i must have heard it ovr 400 times today. Also someone sat near me also chose to shout out something racist. I'm shocked i was the only person in the vicinity to say something to them. I am all for banter etc, those of you who know me will know that but there was just hatred out there today.
Worst experience at a game it has to be said, saying that a good day out in spongebobs possie!!

+1 no place for that really sharpy, the c word or the racism, good for you for saying something.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Apr 2010 23:02

Wimb
Sharpy Just a moan really, i couldn't believe some of the comments i heard at the game today. I was sat just along from an elderly couple and they left halfway through the first half because of it. I don't mind the c word occasionally but i must have heard it ovr 400 times today. Also someone sat near me also chose to shout out something racist. I'm shocked i was the only person in the vicinity to say something to them. I am all for banter etc, those of you who know me will know that but there was just hatred out there today.

+1 no place for that really sharpy, the c word or the racism, good for you for saying something.

c word i understand but not every other word.... (it wasnt from anyone i know just so people don't think i'm moaning at them)

racism, yeh i was shocked, turned round and glared. he apologised. left it at that

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Apr 2010 23:04

Sharpy
Wimb

c word i understand but not every other word.... (it wasnt from anyone i know just so people don't think i'm moaning at them)

racism, yeh i was shocked, turned round and glared. he apologised. left it at that

I didn't realise that TBM went to away games.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Apr 2010 23:18

Sharpy
Wimb

You're hard, where's your handbag you Caversham cnut

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Apr 2010 23:20

Big Foot You're hard, where's your handbag you Caversham cnut

emmer green cough cough....wasnt anyone you knew either i don't think mate. How was your ride down the strand?

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 24 Apr 2010 23:23

Sharpy just along from an elderly couple

Shirley a Schards and RL spotted?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Apr 2010 23:25

Sharpy
Big Foot You're hard, where's your handbag you Caversham cnut

emmer green cough cough....wasnt anyone you knew either i don't think mate. How was your ride down the strand?

Fvcking excellent

voyager1

by voyager1 » 24 Apr 2010 23:27

Well done on taking a stand against the language. You're right in that the odd word is okay but to hear constant swearing throughout the whole match - there's simply no need for it.

Its a shame the old couple actually left when they could have simply relocated to some empty seats.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Apr 2010 11:26

Well done Sharpy. I don't like the c word. I swear a lot at games but draw the line at that word.
As for the racist comments ...shame the idiot wasn't thrown out of the game.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Apr 2010 11:43

i was sat on the far left of the stand seats 8 and 9 with my old man. About 6 rows in front of me there was a guy with his child swearing and squaring up to the guy sat behind him. Then a couple of seats along, what i thought was a benign middle old man suddenly turn around and starts abusing the guy two rows behind him with his son looking like he wanted a fight

disgraceful really

Big McC

by Big McC » 25 Apr 2010 11:47

Agreed, well said. Not that it's anything unusual. Same at Mad Stad. I moved my season ticket seat to the north stand at beginning of this season, and have regretted it ever since. I have had to contend with a whole season of constant foul, abusive and racist language from a family of young and old around me. I expect bad language, but to go on and on endlessly just wrecks the experience. Stewards do nothing either.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Apr 2010 11:48

And there was a guy at the end with his kid of about 6 or 7, arguing with a policeman. He's obviously been spoken to about reacting to the Watford fans earlier, but wanted to prolong the argument.

The copper obviously just wanted to end it all quietly and was saying "just go home quietly or we'll take this back to the station" but this bloke was banging on and on and wouldn't let it all rest.

Sheer stupidity - why can't people recognise where they're in a situation where they're not going to win and just to walk away.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Apr 2010 12:37

In my experience the closer to home an away fixture is the greater the chance of being surrounded by unpleasant "homers" on their "away" day.................................I wish I still had the time to be one of 300 at Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night and wouldn't have gone to a pointless (for us) end of season bash at Watford even if I hadn't been working.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2010 14:43

It was generally ok near me. Apart from the cock heads who wanted to start a fight.

Oh, and the guy who couldn't shout without gobbing all over the back of my head. Cheers dude.

Well done on saying sommat Sharpy.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 25 Apr 2010 15:08

Was there any trouble in the game between fans?

I was so far to the left I couldn't see a lot. I kept taking a nosey up there and could see fans taunting each other but nothing that doesn't happen every game. I've read posts such as fans taking swings at each other? Fans being kicked out too? What game was I at. I saw none of this.

Somebody fill me in?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2010 15:27

Kicked off a bit between a few Royals beginning of the second half on the left hand side as you look at the pitch by the stairs. Four left, but I don't think all of them were what you'd call "kicked out".

Don't want to say too uch, because I don't know all the details and a couple of nobbers were involved. I they're happy to give the gory details I'm sure they will.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Apr 2010 15:40

Ian Royal Kicked off a bit between a few Royals beginning of the second half on the left hand side as you look at the pitch by the stairs. Four left, but I don't think all of them were what you'd call "kicked out".

Don't want to say too uch, because I don't know all the details and a couple of nobbers were involved. I they're happy to give the gory details I'm sure they will.

Rex already has.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2010 15:44

SLAMMED
Ian Royal Kicked off a bit between a few Royals beginning of the second half on the left hand side as you look at the pitch by the stairs. Four left, but I don't think all of them were what you'd call "kicked out".

Rex already has.

Oh ok then. Don't need to say anything else then I guess

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 26 Apr 2010 12:42

F*ck off you black c*nt.

:wink: