Back from the game - Preston

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Preston

by PEARCEY » 02 May 2010 21:42

Handsome Man I heard very bad news today, but the game was fantastic, again.

Fed 8 Great save from their centre half

Griffin 8 Good to see he bought his kids again to see his new club
Bertrand 9 Outstanding
Mills 9 Really competent in defense and not too hoofy in attack
Pearce 7 getting better with each game and good enough for next year

Tabb 8 twice the player we signed
Howard 7 needs to be more careful with the passes when we are in a flat spell
Sigurdson 9 the best 20yo we've had?

McAnuff 9 Great to see him get that goal
Long 7 poor finishing but lead the line well
Kebe 10 missed one chance and one cross, but otherwise awesome.That's the best goal I have seen this season.

Church 8 he is ready to take over if Long leaves
Gunnarson 8 his substitution seemed strange but worked - was it an instruction for everybody to stop pissing around and kill off the game

McDermott 100

I suppose it was goodbye to the four in bold, but you never know...

I would be very surprised and pissed off if both Siggy and Feds left...no need for it to happen. Cuts can be made elsewhere.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 02 May 2010 21:47

The 10 rating of Kebe made me remember how good the goal was. Such incredible control. I am wondering where on earth he has been the last 2 or 3 seasons before now! Before he was almost embarassingly shite.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 02 May 2010 22:00

URZZZZZZZZ Seen 4 absolute class goals today!! Great entertainment and a great win!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 May 2010 22:25

SLAMMED
URZZZZZZZZ Seen 4 absolute class goals today!! Great entertainment and a great win!

Sig's was a bit of a scramble.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 02 May 2010 22:42

Row Z Royal
SLAMMED

Sig's was a bit of a scramble.

Still a tidy little finish in off the post. So happy for Sig today and that he got his 20th goal...he was getting so frustrated at times.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 02 May 2010 23:24

Tranny Preston Dorothy running down Northern Way only to fall flat on his face was far more entertaining that a 4-1 victory. Have'nt laughed so hard in ages. :lol:

Last edited by BenReadingFC on 03 May 2010 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 May 2010 00:49

I attended this match. Reading won 4-1.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 03 May 2010 09:53

PEARCEY
Handsome Man I heard very bad news today, but the game was fantastic, again.

Fed 8 Great save from their centre half

Griffin 8 Good to see he bought his kids again to see his new club
Bertrand 9 Outstanding
Mills 9 Really competent in defense and not too hoofy in attack
Pearce 7 getting better with each game and good enough for next year

Tabb 8 twice the player we signed
Howard 7 needs to be more careful with the passes when we are in a flat spell
Sigurdson 9 the best 20yo we've had?

McAnuff 9 Great to see him get that goal
Long 7 poor finishing but lead the line well
Kebe 10 missed one chance and one cross, but otherwise awesome.That's the best goal I have seen this season.

Church 8 he is ready to take over if Long leaves
Gunnarson 8 his substitution seemed strange but worked - was it an instruction for everybody to stop pissing around and kill off the game

McDermott 100

I suppose it was goodbye to the four in bold, but you never know...

I would be very surprised and pissed off if both Siggy and Feds left...no need for it to happen. Cuts can be made elsewhere.

If we get decent offers for either to go on to a better-positioned club, we have to let them go really. There is little point risking a Shorey-like season from them by keeping them against their will.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 May 2010 09:59

Great game to watch and all the goals were fantastic.

I think it is the last we will see of Feds as I have heard he is off to Newcastle. Contract signed already.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 03 May 2010 12:22

Well McD promised a performance, and we got it.

Very good team performance, nice crisp passing, good energy, some bits of individual brilliance and we coped well with the physical presence PNE had up front.

Only negative was that we still can't deal with a simple long ball over the top, there were 3 or 4 miss timed headers and bad judgement of the trajectory of the ball.

Fed 7 - did nothing wrong made a couple of cracking saves. Won't be surprised to see him go this summer seeing as we have some very good keepers coming through.

Griffin 9 - Brilliant. my MOTM. sad to see him go. Best of luck to him
Mills 8 - Solid, composed and well worth the investment.
Pearce 7 - Hard as a rock, won a lot of headers, did well against Parkin and his distribution from the back was good too.
Bertrand 8 - Played awesome, he'll be playing in the prem next season, whether it's with Chelsea or on loan. Best of luck to him.

Kebe 8 - He's on a different planet when he runs with the ball, no-one can seem to touch him. Great wing play and goal!
Howard 6 - Lots of energy, but tried to be too clever with his passses and lost the ball. I was also disappointed when he completly ignored tabb who was shouting at him to track a man back.
Tabb 7 - lots of energy, some great intercerptions, loved his run in the first half! But got caught on the ball on a couple of occasions.
Sigg 7 - He found it difficult being man marked and you couuld see he was getting frustrated but he gave a good performance and put in a couple of great through balls too. Nice goal!
McAnuff 8 - Same as Kebe really, but loves to drop the shoulder rather than do someone for pace.

Long 5 - I thought he was god awful. He works hard (which anyone can do) and his link up play was ok, but for a striker he can't finish to save his life! Those 5 games he played where he was bagning them in were a flash in the pan by the looks of things and I hope we get rid of him in the summer.

Subs
Church 7- needs to start more games! Great goal!
Karacan 6 - put himself about.
Gunnarsson 7 - composed, great throughball too!

Also pleased to see Jake Taylor make the bench he's another player who will be making an impact in the next couple of years at the club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 May 2010 17:49

Well that was a fun day out to take the family to.

We played really well, yet rarely got close to top gear. Kebe and McAnuff were blinding. The middle part of th egame dipped into meaningless boredom until Preston scored, at whihc point Gunnar came on and we started trying again. Teams we can break down we're likely to destroy next season, providing we can keep a solid defence. But teams (like Watford) who frustrate us and defend well, will still cause us problems. Especially if our defence remains slightly suspect as a unit.

Overall though and excellent finish to the season. And hats off to Preston fans. They were happy to be staying up and having a party. Glad we gave them a good clap for not letting our easy win get them down. And a mention to their keeper, who despite letting in 4 goals, made some great saves.

Federici - didn't put a foot wrong no chance with the goal - 7
Griffin - not up to his early time here, but solid. glad to see him get a standing ovation as he went off. Clever by McD and nice to see the fans appreciation. - 6
Bertrand - good game, supporting McAnuff well, not a lot of problems defensively - 7
Mills - solid at the back - 7
Pearce - a little ropey in places, but good. And he knows how to keep it simple unlike Mills, even if he does look ungainly. - 7
Howard - lots of nice stuff, but held on to the ball too long and his passing was off today - 6
Tabb - outstanding MOTM - 9
Sigurdsson - touches of quality, but not quite getting the rub of the green - 7
Kebe - brilliant apart from when he relaxed and stopped trying. - 8
McAnff - almost as good as Keb, but didn't fade in and out as much - 8
Long - worked very hard failing to really convince again, but defenders were all over him - 7

Church - great goal. worked hard - 7
Gunnarsson - stiffened us up nicely - 7
Karacan - didn't really notice him - 6

Lots of potential for next season. If Griff doesn't stay, I don't think anyone could have done more to keep him.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2010 18:25

Ian Royal Well that was a fun day out to take the family to.

We played really well, yet rarely got close to top gear. Kebe and McAnuff were blinding. The middle part of th egame dipped into meaningless boredom until Preston scored, at whihc point Gunnar came on and we started trying again. Teams we can break down we're likely to destroy next season, providing we can keep a solid defence. But teams (like Watford) who frustrate us and defend well, will still cause us problems. Especially if our defence remains slightly suspect as a unit.

Overall though and excellent finish to the season. And hats off to Preston fans. They were happy to be staying up and having a party. Glad we gave them a good clap for not letting our easy win get them down. And a mention to their keeper, who despite letting in 4 goals, made some great saves.

Federici - didn't put a foot wrong no chance with the goal - 7
Griffin - not up to his early time here, but solid. glad to see him get a standing ovation as he went off. Clever by McD and nice to see the fans appreciation. - 6
Bertrand - good game, supporting McAnuff well, not a lot of problems defensively - 7
Mills - solid at the back - 7
Pearce - a little ropey in places, but good. And he knows how to keep it simple unlike Mills, even if he does look ungainly. - 7
Howard - lots of nice stuff, but held on to the ball too long and his passing was off today - 6
Tabb - outstanding MOTM - 9
Sigurdsson - touches of quality, but not quite getting the rub of the green - 7
Kebe - brilliant apart from when he relaxed and stopped trying. - 8
McAnff - almost as good as Keb, but didn't fade in and out as much - 8
Long - worked very hard failing to really convince again, but defenders were all over him - 7

Church - great goal. worked hard - 7
Gunnarsson - stiffened us up nicely - 7
Karacan - didn't really notice him - 6

Lots of potential for next season. If Griff doesn't stay, I don't think anyone could have done more to keep him.
gotta agree with most of that.

To reiterate what you said Ian, Henderson (their goalie) that was his first start since 2007..........why?
Pulled off some great saves.............and a top bloke for applauding the mutually appreciative Northstand at the end of the game

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 May 2010 19:10

Anyone know the name of the tall blonde in the preston end who is dating one of their players? She was I m a celebrity apparently

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2010 19:12

Lily Savage?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 03 May 2010 19:36

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 May 2010 19:42

Wasn't at the game yesterday. Could anybody tell me what sort of reception Griffin got when he was subbed? And what about the lap of honour?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2010 19:48

LoyalRoyalFan Wasn't at the game yesterday. Could anybody tell me what sort of reception Griffin got when he was subbed? And what about the lap of honour?
as you would expect, Grff having already endured the "Griffin for England" taunts recieved a standing ovation from 3 1/2 sides.

The lap of appreciation was pretty buck standard........fans applauding the players...the players applauding back as they spoke amongst themselves. Rasziak wore a mismatching suit, Brynjar and Griffin brought up the rear carrying a baby each whilst flanked with their older kids.

Maccy D and Mr Mad walked to the centre circle and back trading the applause

that was it

plymouth biscuitman

by plymouth biscuitman » 03 May 2010 20:05

Plymouth_Royal Well McD promised a performance, and we got it.

Very good team performance, nice crisp passing, good energy, some bits of individual brilliance and we coped well with the physical presence PNE had up front.

Only negative was that we still can't deal with a simple long ball over the top, there were 3 or 4 miss timed headers and bad judgement of the trajectory of the ball.

Fed 7 - did nothing wrong made a couple of cracking saves. Won't be surprised to see him go this summer seeing as we have some very good keepers coming through.

Pearce 7 - Hard as a rock, won a lot of headers, did well against Parkin and his distribution from the back was good too.
Bertrand 8 - Played awesome, he'll be playing in the prem next season, whether it's with Chelsea or on loan. Best of luck to him.

Kebe 8 - He's on a different planet when he runs with the ball, no-one can seem to touch him. Great wing play and goal!
Howard 6 - Lots of energy, but tried to be too clever with his passses and lost the ball. I was also disappointed when he completly ignored tabb who was shouting at him to track a man back.
Tabb 7 - lots of energy, some great intercerptions, loved his run in the first half! But got caught on the ball on a couple of occasions.
Sigg 7 - He found it difficult being man marked and you couuld see he was getting frustrated but he gave a good performance and put in a couple of great through balls too. Nice goal!
McAnuff 8 - Same as Kebe really, but loves to drop the shoulder rather than do someone for pace.

Long 5 - I thought he was god awful. He works hard (which anyone can do) and his link up play was ok, but for a striker he can't finish to save his life! Those 5 games he played where he was bagning them in were a flash in the pan by the looks of things and I hope we get rid of him in the summer.

Subs

Also pleased to see Jake Taylor make the bench he's another player who will be making an impact in the next couple of years at the club.

I thought Long had a good but torrid perfomance.
On what do you base your assertion that Jake Taylor will be making an impact in the immenent future ?

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 03 May 2010 20:52

plymouth biscuitman
Plymouth_Royal Well McD promised a performance, and we got it.

Subs

I thought Long had a good but torrid perfomance.
On what do you base your assertion that Jake Taylor will be making an impact in the immenent future ?

On the basis that I've seen him play in a lot the ressies and youth matches. He's a bloody good player and I know the club highly rate this kid.

I take it you disagree,

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 May 2010 21:02

I said to my bruv that from Bryn's cameo perfomance I am convinced he is offski this summer.

He seemed to be shooting on sight and determined to score yesterday, his appearance had a real smack of wanting to go out with a home goal. I reckon he is off to Bristol City on a 2 year deal. I hope I'm wring and a real shame if it turns out to be true, a model pro and bloody nice bloke who still has a lot to offer us next season but place in RFC folklore assured.