Gylf pledges his future to Reading

IcelandicStokie

Gylf pledges his future to Reading

by IcelandicStokie » 03 May 2010 15:01

,,This is a great acknowledgement. The supporters voted for me and its nice to know they appreciate whay I am doing," Sigurdsson told Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaðið.

,,This is my first real season at the club and I never expected things would turn out this well."

Regarding his future at Reading.

,,The club has not received an offer for me but I am really happy here at Reading. I play every week and things are going very well. I prefer it to stay that way instead of going to another club where I could potentially end up sitting on the bench."

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gylf pledges his future to Reading

by Archie's penalty » 03 May 2010 15:29

AP likes this ^^^^

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 May 2010 16:00

This AP also like this!

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 03 May 2010 16:18

GHF is delighted!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 May 2010 16:20

I just hope John Madejski is equally delighted and resists the temptation to sell off another jewel from our crown!

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 03 May 2010 16:28

RoyalBlue I just hope John Madejski is equally delighted and resists the temptation to sell off another jewel from our crown!

What other 'jewels' has he sold then? I'm confused but I thought we sold Doyle and Co. because clauses in their contracts that allowed them to leave if bids for a certain amount came in. I think you'll find Sir John hasn't sold any jewels.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 May 2010 16:51

Skyline

by Skyline » 03 May 2010 16:56

Gordons Cumming http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2070443_premier_league_bids_could_force_readings_hand_this_summer

Hmmmmm.............? :shock:

Striker Shane Long has also been linked with a £3million move to St James' Park and Birmingham City are also said to be interested in his services.

I'd snap their hands off if true...

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 03 May 2010 17:01

Skyline
Gordons Cumming http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2070443_premier_league_bids_could_force_readings_hand_this_summer

Striker Shane Long has also been linked with a £3million move to St James' Park and Birmingham City are also said to be interested in his services.

I like Long but if we are offered £3M for him we would have to take it. Can also see us taking 2M plus for Fed (like Fed but we do have three great young keepers to choose from) but would like to think that everyone else will stay. We must keep hold of Sig, Church, Mills and I hope Kebe "wants" to stay but if he does not I guess we would have no choice but to sell at the right price.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 03 May 2010 17:27

IMO, we must keep, The Sig, Mills, Kebe, and Long.
Church, promising but dont need him and long, too much the same. Fedders? Not sure on him, had some good games but made a few errors as well, havent seen enough of the other keepers to really know if they are good enoough of not.
Im sure we must have enough fringe players to raise this £4m and cut the wage bill.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 May 2010 17:35

Icelandic translation .... I'm happy here but obviously if a bigger club came in and offered me loads of dosh I'd be offski, every player dreams of playing in the premier league etc.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 03 May 2010 17:40

loyalroyaldaz Church, promising but dont need him and long, too much the same.

Umm, no, they aren't at all the same...Church will score more next season, and I'd be willing to put money on that. If one of those two has to go I'd rather it was Long.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 03 May 2010 17:45

Kitson12

Umm, no, they aren't at all the same...Church will score more next season, and I'd be willing to put money on that. If one of those two has to go I'd rather it was Long.

I will be more than happy to take your money.

:P

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 03 May 2010 17:45

loyalroyaldaz
Kitson12

I will be more than happy to take your money.

:P

Oh, and Fcuk off Newbie :wink:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 May 2010 17:46

Kitson12

+1.

0-7

by 0-7 » 03 May 2010 17:50

Pledges his future to Reading.......you must be kidding. His statement is just to let any buyer know that he would want to play not sit on the bench for long. The young man has advisers and will steer him to the best club that meets those criteria.........and it won't be Reading. I give it to July 1st and he will be off.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 03 May 2010 17:52

0-7 Pledges his future to Reading.......you must be kidding. His statement is just to let any buyer know that he would want to play not sit on the bench for long. The young man has advisers and will steer him to the best club that meets those criteria.........and it won't be Reading. I give it to July 1st and he will be off.

I disagree, he'd be stupid to go to a Prem club now, next season however, when he'd completed another 50 odd games and is more experienced, and if we aren't in the Prem that'd be the time to leave, not now.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 May 2010 17:57

Skyline

yes please! Only ever played particularly well for a total of about 4 months. Church, Hunt, Rasiak, Bignall and someone to replace Long more capable of leading the line would be more than acceptable.

I think Gylfi will stay unless someone like B'ham are willing to cough up 4 - 5 Mil.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 03 May 2010 17:57

Kitson12
0-7 Pledges his future to Reading.......you must be kidding. His statement is just to let any buyer know that he would want to play not sit on the bench for long. The young man has advisers and will steer him to the best club that meets those criteria.........and it won't be Reading. I give it to July 1st and he will be off.

I disagree, he'd be stupid to go to a Prem club now, next season however, when he'd completed another 50 odd games and is more experienced, and if we aren't in the Prem that'd be the time to leave, not now.

I believe -maybe naively, I don't know- that certainly in the short term he will be happy to stay with the club and with the man who discovered and nurtured him.

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 03 May 2010 18:09

if a premier league club makes an offer that is a hell of a lot i hope and gets excepted he would go to nearly most premier league teams.
But he must be worth 3-4 million to us considering he was our player of the season but enough for a team to pay 4 million for what could be a one season wonder? So there's hope.