Question for STAR: Cricket

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 10 Nov 2006 08:20

Memories Of India Lots of interest so far, except from STAR.

Come STAR, can I at least have an acknowledgement….?

Suggestion acknowledged - we'll bring this up at the appropriate forum, but TBH I'd be very surprised if this was a go-er. Quite apart from the insurance and risk of injuries for expensive Premier League players when playing with rough, nasty, oikish fans, do we have enough players at the club who come from cricket-playing nations to know the rules? :wink:

The quiz, though - that's a completely different thing. We are already organising a quiz night where we are confident we'll have some players competing- date to be announced, probabbly around late Jan/early Feb.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 10 Nov 2006 09:39

STAR Campaigns

Suggestion acknowledged - we'll bring this up at the appropriate forum, but TBH I'd be very surprised if this was a go-er. Quite apart from the insurance and risk of injuries for expensive Premier League players when playing with rough, nasty, oikish fans, do we have enough players at the club who come from cricket-playing nations to know the rules? :wink:

The quiz, though - that's a completely different thing. We are already organising a quiz night where we are confident we'll have some players competing- date to be announced, probabbly around late Jan/early Feb.

Hmm, I hadn't considered the lack of cricket awareness amongst the Yankee / Scandanavian / French African representatives.

I understand the point about injuries but similar matches have happened in the recent past, and I'm not rough nasty or oikish I just look like I might be.

If you can get it to take place, you're in the team!

Oh, and put my name down for the quiz.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 10 Nov 2006 10:48

STAR Campaigns

Have you seen my bowling! :oops: :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2006 11:09

Memories Of India
STAR Campaigns

Hmm, I hadn't considered the lack of cricket awareness amongst the Yankee / Scandanavian / French African representatives.

I understand the point about injuries but similar matches have happened in the recent past, and I'm not rough nasty or oikish I just look like I might be.

Whilst they've happened before MoI due to us being in the Prem now I can see the club being more circumspect when it come to this sort of thing...

Imagine the headlines if one of our players got knocked out after an entusiastic bouncer.....

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 10 Nov 2006 12:51

Stranded
Memories Of India
STAR Campaigns

Whilst they've happened before MoI due to us being in the Prem now I can see the club being more circumspect when it come to this sort of thing...

Imagine the headlines if one of our players got knocked out after an entusiastic bouncer.....

Delivered by whom? You clearly haven't been to a HNA vs Shrimps match....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Nov 2006 13:15

STAR Campaigns I'd be very surprised if this was a go-er. Quite apart from the insurance and risk of injuries for expensive Premier League players when playing with rough, nasty, oikish fans, do we have enough players at the club who come from cricket-playing nations to know the rules? :wink:
Maybe a combined current and past players/staff team plus to only include any willing first team players/staff who receive permission to take part?

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 13 Nov 2006 14:13

Memories Of India
Stranded
Memories Of India
STAR Campaigns

Delivered by whom? You clearly haven't been to a HNA vs Shrimps match....

Beamer ?

Keeper

by Keeper » 14 Nov 2006 13:01

Plans are taking shape for a Quiz night, details will be published when everything is finalised.

We are currently looking for a venue which would be central to make it easier for everyone to get to and have enough parking for everyone.

If anyone can help with this please PM me with details