East Stand Hospitality Area

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Apr 2007 16:25

Royal Fleet
Symposium However, I appreciate that either of those options might not be preferable to some people. But ANYTHING the club does will have people in favour, and people against.

Couldn't agree more. I would just like to think that the club is not only considering all options, but that they will actively seek the views of those affected rather than rely on supposition.

It does need to be realised that the club will have to do something, and even after consultation it is likely some people won;t like what is decided.
If they consult (as they should) and 50% want a club lounge and are willing to join and 50% want to keep their current seats but not have a club lounge then the club are probably going to upset half the people (plus those who would move to a club lounge but don;t sit in the affected seats !).

Rock and hard place ?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Apr 2007 20:04

weybridgewanderer one possible way of compensation the club may choose to give affected season ticket holders the first seasons memebership of this new club at a significantly discounted price.

The "members bar" idea is used by other clubs, one I am aware of its £5 a game on top of your current season ticket price (19 games = an extra £195).

Well that will be a fat lot of use for me as I do not sit with those I go to the game with :roll: Maybe they'll do a £10 discount on the new member card I'll need to buy?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 17 Apr 2007 21:53

PieEater
weybridgewanderer one possible way of compensation the club may choose to give affected season ticket holders the first seasons memebership of this new club at a significantly discounted price.

The "members bar" idea is used by other clubs, one I am aware of its £5 a game on top of your current season ticket price (19 games = an extra £195).

Well that will be a fat lot of use for me as I do not sit with those I go to the game with :roll: Maybe they'll do a £10 discount on the new member card I'll need to buy?

tell you what, how about we don't expand the stadium, you cover the cost of all the extra revenue however you will get to keep your seat?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Apr 2007 21:54

No, how about we expand the stadium and add a nice matchday hospitality area without a view of the pitch.

There are many ways to expand the stadium and not affect a large portion of existing fans. There just needs to a will to do so.
Last edited by PieEater on 17 Apr 2007 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Apr 2007 21:55

PieEater No, how about we expand the stadium and add a nice matchday hospitality area without a view of the pitch.

There is nothing to say that won't be one of the options...

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 17 Apr 2007 22:24

Behindu
PieEater No, how about we expand the stadium and add a nice matchday hospitality area without a view of the pitch.

although the pictures in the over thread show that in the club policies section more likely than not it will have a view of the pitch, and seats sectioned off for the people using the area in the north and the east stands.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Apr 2007 22:30

Behindu

although the pictures in the over thread show that in the club policies section more likely than not it will have a view of the pitch, and seats sectioned off for the people using the area in the north and the east stands.

But those pictures are artist's impressions aren't they ?
Much like the drawings we saw of the original ground were not really much like what was actually built.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 17 Apr 2007 22:33

Behindu
Behindu

But those pictures are artist's impressions aren't they ?
Much like the drawings we saw of the original ground were not really much like what was actually built.

well they wouldn't put a sectioned off area on the artists impression if they didn't plan to build it would they, that would be a waste of a few thousand in draftsmans fees wouldn't it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Apr 2007 22:37

Behindu But those pictures are artist's impressions aren't they ?

No they are plans, just like you'd have to put in if you were building something. They may not be final plans (as STAR continually remind us), but they are the official basis of the planning submission by the club to the council. I got them from the councils public site.
Last edited by PieEater on 17 Apr 2007 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Apr 2007 22:39

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. [well they wouldn't put a sectioned off area on the artists impression if they didn't plan to build it would they, that would be a waste of a few thousand in draftsmans fees wouldn't it.

Taking another look on the artists impression there is no sectioned off area, just a continuous tier of seats, and a statement that there will be no boxes (as we know) and just a run of seats - no viewing areas, nothing.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2007 08:33

PieEater

Why do you need a new member card? Did you throw your old one at Nigel Howe in a fit of pique?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Apr 2007 09:49

Silver Fox Why do you need a new member card? Did you throw your old one at Nigel Howe in a fit of pique?

Sadly the seat written on it would appear not to be there in future plans.

66DD

by 66DD » 18 Apr 2007 09:54

Behindu If an existing STH already has the seat then it can't be a 'new' seat can it..

It's a new seat for the person being kicked out of their previous one.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2007 10:32

PieEater
Silver Fox Why do you need a new member card? Did you throw your old one at Nigel Howe in a fit of pique?

Will you forget where your new seat is if they update your existing card? Or will you just keep falling over when you try to sit on thin air?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 12:08

PieEater

Why would you need to buy a new card though ?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Apr 2007 13:06

Behindu
PieEater

Because the seat number written on the old one is incorrect perhaps ??? :roll:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Apr 2007 19:29

I see that STAR have made the Reading Post spinning the same wait and see where you are being moved to story. Whether I am affected or not does not change the fact that some people definitely will be affected, as the club have stated those people will get first choice of new seats. So there is certainty around what is happening - seats will go, the only uncertainty is exactly which seats will go, where people will move to and what (if any) compensation they get.

So I am still astounded that STAR have chosen not to object to this despite knowing this position is at odds with a lot of the fans they represent as well as their charter.

FWIW I think by and large STAR are the lifeblood of the club with loyal supporters putting in a lot of effort for little gratitude and a lot of grief, however on this point I think the position STAR is now publicising as an official fans view is wrong, and STAR are being perceived badly in the press (as club puppets) as a result.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 19:46

bigmike
Behindu
PieEater

Because the seat number written on the old one is incorrect perhaps ??? :roll:

But why would you BUY it....

If the club relocate you then they would give you a new card, in fact I believe if you chose to move they give you a new card as well. You pay for a new one if you lose the old one....

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 19:50

PieEater So I am still astounded that STAR have chosen not to object to this despite knowing this position is at odds with a lot of the fans they represent as well as their charter.

But on this thread I would guess that as many people have welcomed the proposals as have objected to it, so if STAR objected to them then they would not be representing the people who like the idea....

STAR need to stay involved in the discussions and ensure ALL points are considered but to just object to fairly vague ideas becasue an unknown number of people (rather than 'a lot' don't like what they think might happen would be wrong wouldn't it ?

I don;t disagree that this needs handling properly but I don't think knee jerk reactions will win the day.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Apr 2007 09:32

PieEater
So I am still astounded that STAR have chosen not to object to this despite knowing this position is at odds with a lot of the fans they represent as well as their charter.

This position is not at odds with a lot of fans we represent from the conversations I have had so far. There is concern but there is not the overwhelming support for the position you represent that no-one should be moved at all, so although I am aware you feel this very passionately it does not follow that everyone else agrees with you.

As ever if you agree/disagree with PieEater and want to let us know how you feel please feel free to send us a mail at info@star-reading.org