Stadium Development

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Stadium Development

by Coppelled Streets » 02 Jan 2007 21:06

STAR, I was just wondering if you could shed any light on where the club currently is on this? Are we still waiting for a response from RBC or have we moved along the road towards a go ahead for development?
The little bit we have on the official website gave the impression they hoped to start building at the seasons end, is that likely or are things taking longer than anticipated etc?
Also, while I'm in a nosey mood, has a decision been met yet with regards to if the East Stand will be built on first or the South and North Stands? The club were/are asking for fans opinions on their preference and just curious as to if the club now made a decision.

Regards,
An excitable muppet with nothing better to do.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Jan 2007 07:19

i4 pages here, not sure it asks STAR to answer, but but was an active topic in the last week.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50209

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Jan 2007 09:29

I'm also pretty sure that it's no coincidence that the announcements of some car parking now available at Green Park, and also that RBC are asking local companies to allow use of their car parks, are being made now.

The biggest obstacle to the expansion getting the green light will be car parking/traffic probles, so I'm sure these are part of the preparation for this.
Last edited by Dirk Gently on 03 Jan 2007 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 03 Jan 2007 23:48

Do we have a list of these companies? Are these mainly those companies based at Green Park?
I think I've seen that Symantec have signed-up.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 04 Jan 2007 08:36

M4 Junction 11 Do we have a list of these companies? Are these mainly those companies based at Green Park?
I think I've seen that Symantec have signed-up.

We do not have a definitive list but from conversations I have had with the stadium manager and local politicians, they include the property managers at Green Park who have been in total opposition to any match day parking, as well as the local companies (both on and off Green Park) who are much more receptive as well as trying to implement many more imaginative schemes which may yet happen. I do not want to do anything to spoil these negotiations so will not mention specific names or schemes.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Jan 2007 10:51

I think a members only scheme would win more companies over, that way they know who is parking on their property and can identify them if need be.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 04 Jan 2007 13:59

Forbury Lion I think a members only scheme would win more companies over, that way they know who is parking on their property and can identify them if need be.

Which is exactly what we had arranged in 2002 until the Prudential property management in London put a stop to it.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 06 Jan 2007 22:10

If all else fails how about a boycott of Cisco products and other stuff these companies produce?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 06 Jan 2007 22:20

M4 Junction 11 If all else fails how about a boycott of Cisco products and other stuff these companies produce?

Nice idea, but I'm not sure that the sort of companies involved sell to consumer markets. They make their money selling to corpoarates, so anything we could do to them would have no economic significance.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 07 Jan 2007 20:52

M4 Junction 11 If all else fails how about a boycott of Cisco products and other stuff these companies produce?

Yes right. So I suggest you stop using the internet and disable any security you have on your computer!

I suspect there is a nice Cisco Managed Hub or Router helping Hob Nob reach the masses, probably protected by Norton software and firewalls.

The network at the Hotel, Madhouse and the ticket office also probably relies on their products and expertise

Going to stop reading the national press as well? You had better because they all use Cisco products.

Driving a Ford, Citreon, Volvo etc - better not

Going to your bank to get cash - sorry thats a no no

Boycott their products - as if.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 08 Jan 2007 09:54

Northern Git

Yes right. So I suggest you stop using the internet and disable any security you have on your computer!

I suspect there is a nice Cisco Managed Hub or Router helping Hob Nob reach the masses, probably protected by Norton software and firewalls.

The network at the Hotel, Madhouse and the ticket office also probably relies on their products and expertise

Going to stop reading the national press as well? You had better because they all use Cisco products.

Driving a Ford, Citreon, Volvo etc - better not

Going to your bank to get cash - sorry thats a no no

Boycott their products - as if.

I was wondering how you got your username :roll:

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 08 Jan 2007 20:52

How about a boycott of Prudential?

Doesn't need to be organised en mass. If you disagree with their policy, don't buy their product.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jan 2007 13:43

Northern Git

The network at the Hotel, Madhouse and the ticket office also probably relies on their products and expertise.............

The latter is an added reason for a boycott! :wink:

BTW, I wasn't aware there was only one company dealing in internet/PC security!

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1