Players contribute to coach travel to Man City

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Nov 2007 13:13

Behindu Only 55 seater coaches hold 55.

You can also get 72 seaters (which STAR use sometimes) and a whole range of sizes.

If theyhave filled 6 x 55 seaters then they have sold out as I doubt they'd run a 1/3rd full extra coach.
You also have to factor in the Readibus for the disabled fans which would be part of the deal...

And thus backing up the fact that the previous comment of "6 coaches" was evasive...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 Nov 2007 13:32

T.R.O.L.I.

You can also get 72 seaters (which STAR use sometimes) and a whole range of sizes.

If theyhave filled 6 x 55 seaters then they have sold out as I doubt they'd run a 1/3rd full extra coach.
You also have to factor in the Readibus for the disabled fans which would be part of the deal...

And thus backing up the fact that the previous comment of "6 coaches" was evasive...

It wasn't really 'evasive' was it ?

Just not what you wanted to know.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Nov 2007 13:39

Behindu
T.R.O.L.I.

Blimey, you should be in politics with that answer :roll:

I'd just like a straight answer as to how many (in terms of number of people - not number of coaches, or any other "measure") of the £5 seats were sold.

It's not the hardest question in the world to answer!!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 Nov 2007 13:42

T.R.O.L.I.
Behindu
T.R.O.L.I.

Blimey, you should be in politics with that answer :roll:

I'm assuming with your terrier like pursuit of the detail you arein politics !
I'm ownderingwhat your killer follow up question is !
Isn;t knowing that the takeup was about what was on offer enough ?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Nov 2007 13:50

Behindu Isn;t knowing that the takeup was about what was on offer enough ?

I don't see anything to suggest that or otherwise (and I'm happy to be proved differently with numbers of people).

Bearing in mind that STAR guaranteed that all seats would be £5 (which I think was a grand gesture) even once the £5K from the players had been used up, I think its a fair enough question to see how the numbers fell.

If, as you point out, some of the coaches were 72 seaters and the £5K was used up, surely that will lead to one of the subsequent away trips being slightly more expensive to make up for the short fall.

If, however, there's some money left from the £5K, it would be interesting to see how much and to know whether that would be ploughed back into one of the subsequent away trips.

riverroyal

by riverroyal » 21 Nov 2007 15:34

Are the coaches now full for Saturday?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Nov 2007 16:03

Looks that way...

STAR TRAVEL Bookings for Man City are now closed.

STAR HQ will not open on Thursday 22/11/2007

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 21 Nov 2007 16:26

No one is being evasive about how many seats on the coach have been taken up, it was simply that I was on my lunch break ( I do work for a living as does Mr STAR TRAVEL) and a quick response was to say 6 coaches, I did not have the time to do a seat by seat breakdown for you.
As Behindu has pointed out coaches have different capacities, we have been in consultation with the Coach company to determine what is available and what is best for us.
Last night we spent 2 hours in the STAR HQ making ourselves and coach seats available as we always do, at 9pm we took the decision that a seventh coach was not required, we have previously stated that we would put on as many as the demand dictated. There are a few odd seats still left but we are taking in the region of 300 people to Manchester City. We also took the decision that we would not open tomorrow night ( our own time) for a demand that has simply not shown itself to be there. If anyone wishes to enquire they can call us on the STAR Travel phone 07919931716. I am sure that the residue of the donation will be discussed and a decision made in due course and with the consultation of the players. We have advertised and encouraged people to travel we simply cannot do anymore, it is all a matter of choice for the individual. I think it also fair to comment that last year was an exceptional year and many people thought that it might be their one and only opportunity to watch Reading away games in the Premiership, this year people are being more cautious with their money and picking and choosing their games.

We will continue to do all we can to make travel accessible and available.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Nov 2007 19:00

The money from the players was given to STAR to help fans to get to Man C away, if the money has not bee used uo by the 300 on the caoches then the residue should be given back to those on the coaches, not used for some future game, the offer was there, if take up was noyt used it should go to those that took up the opportunity.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 Nov 2007 19:01

So all those on the coaches can look forward to their 17p windfall and start planning what to spend it on !!

I'm sure there will a suggestion that any balance is lodged behind the Tbar at City and everyone be treated to a bovril and a wagon wheel

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Nov 2007 19:08

Behindu So all those on the coaches can look forward to their 17p windfall and start planning what to spend it on !!

I'm sure there will a suggestion that any balance is lodged behind the Tbar at City and everyone be treated to a bovril and a wagon wheel

£5000 / 300 = £16.67p per seat, if seats were £20, so £1.67p per seat left over , almost half the price of a coffee at the services stop.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Nov 2007 19:26

The 17 Bus
Behindu So all those on the coaches can look forward to their 17p windfall and start planning what to spend it on !!

£5000 / 300 = £16.67p per seat, if seats were £20, so £1.67p per seat left over , almost half the price of a coffee at the services stop.

Perhaps STAR can do a bulk order of 150 cups of coffee and 300 straws?

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 21 Nov 2007 20:28

You can be tea boy DG :lol:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 22 Nov 2007 07:36

Dirk has the answer, genius.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Nov 2007 11:09

Except I'd rather have a Vanilla Frescato...

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 22 Nov 2007 16:16

STAR TRAVEL No one is being evasive about how many seats on the coach have been taken up, it was simply that I was on my lunch break ( I do work for a living as does Mr STAR TRAVEL) and a quick response was to say 6 coaches, I did not have the time to do a seat by seat breakdown for you.
As Behindu has pointed out coaches have different capacities, we have been in consultation with the Coach company to determine what is available and what is best for us.
Last night we spent 2 hours in the STAR HQ making ourselves and coach seats available as we always do, at 9pm we took the decision that a seventh coach was not required, we have previously stated that we would put on as many as the demand dictated. There are a few odd seats still left but we are taking in the region of 300 people to Manchester City. We also took the decision that we would not open tomorrow night ( our own time) for a demand that has simply not shown itself to be there. If anyone wishes to enquire they can call us on the STAR Travel phone 07919931716. I am sure that the residue of the donation will be discussed and a decision made in due course and with the consultation of the players. We have advertised and encouraged people to travel we simply cannot do anymore, it is all a matter of choice for the individual. I think it also fair to comment that last year was an exceptional year and many people thought that it might be their one and only opportunity to watch Reading away games in the Premiership, this year people are being more cautious with their money and picking and choosing their games.

Sounds to me like demand has fallen, would you agree?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Nov 2007 16:17

Schards#2
STAR TRAVEL No one is being evasive about how many seats on the coach have been taken up, it was simply that I was on my lunch break ( I do work for a living as does Mr STAR TRAVEL) and a quick response was to say 6 coaches, I did not have the time to do a seat by seat breakdown for you.

Sounds to me like demand has fallen, would you agree?

It undoubtedly has for away games.