"No to rugby"

"Yes to rugby"

How exciting was that? :roll:

What questions were asked?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jan 2007 19:19

My question about handbag or bumbag, preceded with an explaination about Tim's mess up last week. Answer - Bumbag

Fan mail from Korea - Not had any, but another presenter apparantley has and is massive out there.

Kitson farting - Tim couldn't really go into detail!

Plus a few others. Tim promised there would be another oppourtunity in the season to put questions to him (presumably when none of the Reading players answer their phones!).

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 12 Jan 2007 19:37

Forbury Lion
Plus a few others.

Mine :

Have you ever had a row with these other commentators who are likely to be as biased against the Royals as you are in their favour ?

Answer : yes, Cardiff away.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2007 20:22

Royal Bison Tim,

Why are you such a pompous, toffee nosed twat ?

Much love

RB
a ration wasting post such as this, is worthy of a response from the man himself......but not on air......... "Royal Bisons' By Product".

However.....tonights best bits came with 2 minutes 45 seconds to go.

The man himself deserves at least 20 minutes

better that, than what the other so-called local radio stations have to offer still.

and those ignorants that phoned in, denoucing the rugby and its detrimental effects on the pitch................do some research before going live on local radio ...........pimmellkopfs

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 12 Jan 2007 21:57

Forbury Lion Kitson farting - Tim couldn't really go into detail!.

The question lost it's impact though because Ollie wouldn't use the word 'fart'. Is it a oxf*rd banned word or something :evil:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Jan 2007 14:29

M4 Junction 11

The question lost it's impact though because Ollie wouldn't use the word 'fart'. Is it a oxf*rd banned word or something :evil:
What word did he use then? I'd have said "fluffed"

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Jan 2007 17:37

Royal Lady
M4 Junction 11

He said something like "Do you have a particular problem with flatulence and in your experience which Reading FC player has the smelliest of that particular thing" :?
BBCRB Recording (Tip: Go straight to 50 minutes into the recording. This link is good till they replace it with the show next Friday. Ollie, where do all the old ones go?)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Jan 2007 20:32

Royal Lady
M4 Junction 11

Kitson a fluffer?

Who was the main star and how did he manage to answer Tim's with his mouth full?

Ollie

by Ollie » 13 Jan 2007 21:22

M4 Junction 11 Ollie, where do all the old ones go?

They're overwritten each week by the new one. If we kept them all online we'd run out of room, otherwise we'd do it.

As for the fart question, I just had a strange moment of thinking "I wonder if I'm allowed to say 'fart' on BBCRB" as I was asking it, so didn't. Of course I am - but sometimes when there's a microphone in front of you, you can end up thinking/saying daft things (e.g. Joel "Sibierski cracks one off from 20 yards" Hufford).

If it's any consolation, next time I need to ask Tim about flatulence on the radio, I'll be sure to use the word 'fart'. :wink:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Jan 2007 21:57

Ollie As for the fart question, I just had a strange moment of thinking "I wonder if I'm allowed to say 'fart' on BBCRB" as I was asking it, so didn't. Of course I am - but sometimes when there's a microphone in front of you, you can end up thinking/saying daft things (e.g. Joel "Sibierski cracks one off from 20 yards" Hufford).

If it's any consolation, next time I need to ask Tim about flatulence on the radio, I'll be sure to use the word 'fart'. :wink:

BBC Guidance It is not possible to compile a definitive list of offensive words. Language is fluid, with new word and phrases regularly entering the public vocabulary. , . Also, the power of established terms to offend may change over time... For example, racist abuse or pejorative terms relating to physical or mental illness and sexual orientation have become increasingly unacceptable to audiences. The following examples indicate the differing offensiveness of language. It is by no means definitive. If in doubt consult a senior editorial figure within your department or Editorial Policy:

The most offensive language includes terms such as oxf*rd, motherfucker and oxf*rd (which are subject to mandatory referrals); others such as cocksucker and nigger are also extremely offensive to audiences.

Moderately offensive language includes terms such as oxf*rd, pussy, bastard, etc. Care should be taken with using moderately offensive terms and they are almost certain to generate complaints if used in pre-watershed programmes.

Mildly offensive language includes crap, Jesus, Christ, knob etc. Terms such as bloody, God, prat, tart etc are all very mildly offensive terms - nonetheless they should not be used indiscriminately.

I think you'll be okay with the occasional 'fart' but don't oxf*rd call anyone a knob :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Jan 2007 10:52

I'd pay good money to hear Tim or Joel sneak moderately or mildly offensive words from the above list into a match commentary! :wink:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Jan 2007 08:51

Royal Lady
M4 Junction 11

The old favourite of "blowing off"?