Footie Phone In Guest.... 19th January

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Jan 2007 13:27

Can you explain what the clubs official policy is with regards to bringing out new home or away shirts? - I can't remember the last time we wore the same homeshirt two seasons in row, It certainly wasn't during the Madejski Stadium era.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Jan 2007 13:38

Forbury Lion Can you explain what the clubs official policy is with regards to bringing out new home or away shirts? - I can't remember the last time we wore the same homeshirt two seasons in row, It certainly wasn't during the Madejski Stadium era.

yes it was.... it was either the kit we used when we got promoted from Div 3 (2/League 1) or the kit we had at the play off final the season before.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 16 Jan 2007 13:41

Ollie Also appearing will be Kevin Girdler, soon-to-be-outgoing commercial manager and Royals Anthem composer.

Kevin, Your last day today. Good luck with your move to Cornwall to work for Truro City! How often will you come back to watch the Royals and will Reading F.C. still be your 'Premiership team'?

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 16 Jan 2007 14:02

Kevin,

When out in Reading on a Friday night, do you ever partake in a few shandies and start talking utter gibberish to your long suffering mates?
If so this would be remarkable, as an anagram of your name is the DRIVELER KING, and might go some way to explaining why you only have 5 mates on MySpace.

Cheery

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 16 Jan 2007 16:14

Question for Kevin: When you performed The Royals Anthem on TOTP, did you mime or was it a live performance?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 16 Jan 2007 17:17

Ollie Nigel Howe is confirmed for this Friday's phone-in.

- Mr Howe, If one of the first team players were to let a smelly *one loose in your office would you have a word with Jon Goodman, as the club's Sports Scientist, or try to ignore it and just get on with your work? :wink:

* if allowed please substitute with the word 'fart'

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Jan 2007 17:20

Kevin

What's your favourite How?

Don
Nigel
or the 70's telly program with Jack Hargreaves and Fred Dineage?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2007 18:51

AthleticoSpizz Mercedes or BMW? EDIT....silly me we're premiership now aren't we?........... Aston or Bentley?

Has your car door ever swung open and hit Mr Mads passenger side door?

Who are the five people that you would LEAST like to have around for dinner?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Jan 2007 18:59

how come clubs like arsenal etc, when buying a season ticket get three free cup tickets for that season and we have to pay £20 odd quid to see cup games? do you not think that if we put this in place we would get higher attendaces than the 6,000 we got for darlington?

and in relation to the new shirt, we had the same shirt for the promotion to div 1 and the year when we got in the playoffs

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Jan 2007 19:01

gazzer, loyal royal how come clubs like arsenal etc, when buying a season ticket get three free cup tickets for that season and we have to pay £20 odd quid to see cup games? do you not think that if we put this in place we would get higher attendaces than the 6,000 we got for darlington?

Don't you think the answer will be that Cup games will be included , but the ST price will go up by about 60 quid - and if we're drawn away in both cups and get knocked out quickly then we get no refunds?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Jan 2007 19:05

Dirk Gently
gazzer, loyal royal how come clubs like arsenal etc, when buying a season ticket get three free cup tickets for that season and we have to pay £20 odd quid to see cup games? do you not think that if we put this in place we would get higher attendaces than the 6,000 we got for darlington?

Don't you think the answer will be that Cup games will be included , but the ST price will go up by about 60 quid - and if we're drawn away in both cups and get knocked out quickly then we get no refunds?

think it's only fair to fans who give large lump sums a year before the season start that they can give us a few cheap tickets, he'll probably bring up the royalty points to answer this

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jan 2007 19:30

The tickets wouldn't be cheap to give away though.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 16 Jan 2007 20:27

What's your favourite Aston Martin? Your Vanquish is shit and you certainately have enough money to buy a DB9 so why dont you do that?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Jan 2007 22:02

Kevin, How much would we have to raise for charity to make you agree to go on X-Factor singing the Royals Anthem?

You could be the new Chico!

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 16 Jan 2007 22:11

Nigel, How much would we have to raise for charity to make you agree to go on X-Factor singing the Royals Anthem?

You could be the new Chico!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Jan 2007 22:17

cheeryoleary Nigel, How much would we have to raise for charity to make you agree to go on X-Factor singing the Royals Anthem?

You could be the new Kevin Girdler!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 16 Jan 2007 22:46

Nigel, The catering facilities on the concourses in the East stand are poor and I've stopped buying beer and food there at half time. Do you have any plans on improving the overall 'experience' in and around the Mad Stad that would make it easier for me to spend my money with Reading FC?

Follow up question: I've not been that impresses by the facilities at other Premier League grounds either. Do you think we have most to learn by looking to see how this is done at large sporting events in the U.S.?

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 17 Jan 2007 00:13

M4 Junction 11
Follow up question: I've not been that impresses by the facilities at other Premier League grounds either. Do you think we have most to learn by looking to see how this is done at large sporting events in the U.S.?

Where do you think Rollover Hotdogs come from??

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 17 Jan 2007 00:50

premiership_bound
M4 Junction 11

Where do you think Rollover Hotdogs come from??

When in the US (not often these days) I try and get to a ball game and I have never come across anything like this. Perhaps they're for export only :wink:

Further follow up question: Mr Howe, would you honestly feed a Mad Stad hotdog to a member of your own family?
See what I've done there to avoid referring to a 'Rollover' hotdog by name so as not to cause embarracement to Mr Howe.

Btw - this looks like a UK franchise.
I feel sick now just thinking about what goes into making them!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 17 Jan 2007 11:31

and in relation to the new shirt, we had the same shirt for the promotion to div 1 and the year when we got in the playoffs

Does help they are virtually guranteed European football every season