FAO Dellor

131 posts
Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

Re: FAO Dellor

by Sir Dodger Royal » 13 Dec 2009 19:58

The pressure has got to BR. However anyone working under constraints imposed by that idiot of a Chairman would no doubt also be under pressure.

When is the Chairman going to take some questions live on air from RFC fans? When that day comes then SDR needs to ask the first question.

Real questions from the Main Mannnnnnnnnn

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Dec 2009 20:04

go on then dodge

what would you ask?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 13 Dec 2009 20:23

If Dellor doesn't want to watch us he should just go, the bloke is a self opinionated mug. As to other suggestions on here that BR tried to ridicule Dellor, I think it was the other way around. I just get so fed up with this guy whinginging all the time.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 13 Dec 2009 20:32

Royalee
Sarah Star Tim Dellor's been grumbling and moaning ever since Dave Kitson left. He really appears to hate his job.

Why doesn't he resign then?

I think he would... if he could get another job and feed his wife and kids etc

Sometimes, I wish he would. Let's help along... Dellor Out!!!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 13 Dec 2009 20:56

Tim Dellor is in a no win situation.
He gets slated for not asking questions that probably 95% of us want to know and when he does he gets lambasted from the usual suspects!
The BBC are not part of the club and I presume pay a hefty fee for commentary rights. As a result they surely can have a voice in what they are seeing week in week out!

Brenda and the club really don't to upset any more people than they already have!

I should think the odds on Mr Ego banning Brenda from speaking to the BBC are pretty high. Then we will be lumbered with those muppets from Pravda...................Sorry 107FM

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2009 21:07

SHORT AND CURLY Tim Dellor is in a no win situation.
He gets slated for not asking questions that probably 95% of us want to know and when he does he gets lambasted from the usual suspects!
The BBC are not part of the club and I presume pay a hefty fee for commentary rights. As a result they surely can have a voice in what they are seeing week in week out!

But in this instance he wasn't asking questions - he was just ranting. It wasn't objective, it wasn't particularly reasonable - it was just a matter of opinion that wouldn't have sounded out of place on "The Team" board. As such I'm not surprised BR reacted the way he did.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2009 21:10

Royal Lady Dellor, quite rightly imo, said that like many texters to the programme, he didn't think we played well, in fact not even as well as in the Palace game.

Many of the texters and callers haven't been to the games they voice their opinions on - they just base their views on what Dellor has said during commentary which is why I don't bother tuning in to BBCRB on the way back from Stag Meadow anymore!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 13 Dec 2009 21:44

Royal Rother
Royal Lady Dellor, quite rightly imo, said that like many texters to the programme, he didn't think we played well, in fact not even as well as in the Palace game.

Many of the texters and callers haven't been to the games they voice their opinions on - they just base their views on what Dellor has said during commentary which is why I don't bother tuning in to BBCRB on the way back from Stag Meadow anymore!

I think like most of us Tim Dellor has had enough of the tripe put before us week in week out (especially at home)
He rightfully feels as do the paying punters whats going on and why?
Whether the people texting in are going to the games or not, I and many others have witnessed our performances and they are poor. So what ever he is commentating on obviously is not far off the mark.

( I don't listen to his commentaries myself because I am mad enough to go week in week out)

Fair play to TD for having a pop! He's obviously touched a nerve with Brenda, Truth hurts they say!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2009 21:54

I often text before the end of the game and again on the way back to the car park, so I would suggest that not everyone who texted in with similar thoughts to Dellor didn't go to the game.

Fact still remains he was asked a perfectly reasonable question, why did he feel we played really well yesterday (comparing it to Tuesday's game or not) the plain truth is, we didn't play well and no amount of spin or rhetoric by BR or the club is going to change that. As for other managers complimenting Reading, as someone said on another thread, they're not in the business of slagging other teams off. We happen to know someone who is involved very highly with a fellow championship club and he won't be drawn into making any comment about other managers at all. It's just not "cricket"! :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2009 22:00

Royal Lady I often text before the end of the game and again on the way back to the car park,

For the love of God, WHY? :shock:

maf82

by maf82 » 13 Dec 2009 22:31

dellor is a good bloke,rodgers is a crap manager who should just go now.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 13 Dec 2009 22:40

Let me re phrase that last comment.

BR is a manager with potential but he has a crap Chairman who is so up his b**kpas**g* he would never understand the real passion of fottball because he is braindead when it comes to running a football business. Time to demonstrate and TD should continue to ask the right questions but they should be aimed at the madman.

Real Questions in the Real World.
Last edited by Sir Dodger Royal on 13 Dec 2009 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Dec 2009 22:41

sandman
midfield diamond
Spot on.
It's about time the journalists asked some penetrating questions rather than the usual bland post match rubbish which Brenda can waffle around. He's lucky it wasn't Jeremy Paxman asking the questions.
Rodgers reaction was very unexpected, first time I really felt he'd lost his composure since he's been here and to be honest the question wasn't that direct, just a mere enquiry as to whether one performance was better than another.
I'm with Tim on this one. It's a pity it all ended too soon because I wanted to know why last years player of the season was left on the bench in favour of Cummings who hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

According to some on here Stretch wasn't fit and was only on the bench because of Berty's illness. I don't buy it personally, as i doubt even Rodgers would waste a spot on the bench just to make up the numbers and deprive himself of a fully fit option.

sandman, who were the other options available instead of Stretch then?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Dec 2009 22:45

I thought dellor was a bit wide of the mark with his assessment of the game, and as much as I think its about time some more direct and probing questions were asked, I thought he didnt handle it very well either

I really dont think Rodgers came out with any credit for his reaction though, I think he got a bit het up in the heat of the moment, and although I think his sense of humour got lost in the exchange, he needs to be a little more restrained

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2009 23:07

With the history that Stretch has with that knee injury I doubt that he would be willing or able to be in the match day squad if he didn't think he could play some part. In addition Stretch has played a few reserve games now to get up to fitness (not ideal I know) and I think he could have played from the start for an hour or so with Tabb staying at right back up against a winger who was not in the same league as Moses.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Dec 2009 23:51

So if you think he was wasting a spot by having him on there, who was the player he was leaving out to accomdate him?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Dec 2009 00:18

Southbank Old Boy So if you think he was wasting a spot by having him on there, who was the player he was leaving out to accomdate him?

It's an irrelevant question because I think he was fit enough to play for at least an hour from the start.Like I said, Stretch has played reserve games to build his fitness and I think he could have played.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Dec 2009 08:50

sandman
Southbank Old Boy So if you think he was wasting a spot by having him on there, who was the player he was leaving out to accomdate him?

It's an irrelevant question because I think he was fit enough to play for at least an hour from the start.Like I said, Stretch has played reserve games to build his fitness and I think he could have played.

Do you work with the players day in day out then?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Dec 2009 08:51

Royal Lady I often text before the end of the game and again on the way back to the car park, so I would suggest that not everyone who texted in with similar thoughts to Dellor didn't go to the game.

Now I know why 'most' Reading fans are idiots like Dellor.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Dec 2009 09:37

Hah! Because we occasionally text in our thoughts on the game, which aren't always the same as Dellor's?

If I'm particularly pizzed off, I'll text in and say what I felt about the game - no idea if they're ever read out tbh. don't care really - let's me vent a bit of frustration.

And having listened again this morning, BR didn't even say you're not a true supporter, he said "you're not a supporter of this club" - what an arrogant @rsehole he is - no wonder you like him Lee.

131 posts