Cardiff away fans

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Cardiff away fans

by Royal & Ancient » 14 May 2011 11:53

Is it possible to ask someone from Radio Berks to ask questions as to why Cardiff supporters were allowed preference on leaving the ground last night? Thousands of home supporters were inconvenienced, missed connections, and were treated as though we were the villains. Normally at away games visiting supporters who might cause trouble are kept back but not last night when the police and stewards lost a lot of friends by their attitude and procedures.. Interesting to see whether we are given prefernce at Cardiff!!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Cardiff away fans

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 May 2011 14:12

You need to ask Thames valley Police that - they're the ones who were in control.

The answer will be that the decision was made for crowd safety and to avoid reduce the risk of injury or criminality.

And all of the authorities will say that no arrests, no injuries and no major incidents justify the decision and justify a few thousand people getting back to their cars 10 minutes later than they expected.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 May 2011 07:42

Be interesting to see if Reading fans get the same "preferential" treatment at Cardiff after the game.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 15 May 2011 11:17

Svlad Cjelli You need to ask Thames valley Police that - they're the ones who were in control.

I asked a police officer, he said ask Reading fc, we are just following there instructions.

i'll_be_there

by i'll_be_there » 26 May 2011 00:15

Well speaking from experience, not that I'm a hooligan or anything, but I know SOME of our supporters (Cardiff's) can get a bit irate in certain games, especially if we lose. My mate in work was not happy and took it out on his punch bag for example. (And also paid me £20 due to losing the bet ;) ). The behaviour of the Cardiff fans is known throughout the country. My girlfriend knows what they're like too. I remember us being banned from the Wolves away game a few years ago I think due to past violence. Cardiff/Milwall games have also been problematic, as so Cardiff/Swansea (big rivalry).

So to sum it up, I think we were moved out first as so none of us could stick around to start any trouble, thats all.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1