Plastic celebs on BBCB

Ollie

by Ollie » 21 Aug 2006 09:51

Barry the bird boggler Heard that Chris Evans had declared a 'liking' for our little club when Andrew Peach was talking to Murts this morning so its good to see word spreading and 'celebs' attaching themselves to us.

By the way Ollie, can you get Michael Parkinson on at some point in the future to talk about how far his attachment goes back as we still think he's really a Barnsley fan even though I think he's been a ST holder for a few seasons now.

Yep, Chris Evans has converted. You can hear him talking to Murts on our audio archive. At the end of the interview Chris decides to "adopt" Reading.

As for Parky, I can try...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Aug 2006 10:40

Ollie At the end of the interview Chris decides to "adopt" Reading.
A father figure for Kitson and Sidwell to look up to?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2006 12:11

Dirk Gently B*gg*er me, they only went and repeated Tarrant's "biscuit boys" comment today as a "highlight of the week."

Until we got to the Premier League he's never mentioned Reading FC and he's always had ample opportunity to do so, so don't let this bandwagon jumper use RFC to inflate his profile, regardless of whether he phones in or is phoned.

Biscuit boys my arse.

TBF I know for a fact that Tarrant has been to watch Reading many times over the years. He is by no means a regular but he is not a bandwagon jumper either.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Aug 2006 12:51

I like to think of Michael Parkinson as a football fan who goes to watch his local team as a well wisher. On that basis I'd quite happilly hear his views on the team.

If he suddenly claimed Reading were his team instead of Barnsley I'd lose some respect for him.

If I had any respect for Chris Evans that would have been lost.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Aug 2006 13:55

I think it's Parky's son who is the Royals fan.

Parky Senior is actually a Man Utd fan and has a ST at Old Trafford - I think he used to be a Barnsley fan but is now only publicly associated with them when they reach play-off finals, etc.

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 21 Aug 2006 14:11

So why can't a celeb suddenly come and support the club, their money is as good as anyone elses and their profile can only help spread the word agreed if they start telling porkies about how they've always been with us its annoying but it can only help in the long run!

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Aug 2006 14:16

Alan Titchmarsh So why can't a celeb suddenly come and support the club, their money is as good as anyone elses and their profile can only help spread the word

For the same reasons that new fans are instantly branded "plastics" because they haven't supported Reading through all the bad times.

The only supporters i have a problem with are the ones who supported someone else until Reading got succesful.

Until 2 or 3 seasons ago i didn't really follow any football team in particular (bit of a neutral). Got an interest and started following Reading as they were the closest team and the easiest to go watch and have never looked back.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 21 Aug 2006 14:31

I think the drummer from "The Cure" used to put a Royals flag up in front of his drums when in concert.

Anyway when is June Whitfield coming out of her "Wimbeldon" closet to publicly back the Royals ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Aug 2006 14:51

Alan Titchmarsh So why can't a celeb suddenly come and support the club
Two words: Uri Geller.

Harold

by Harold » 21 Aug 2006 16:38

Ricky Gervais is Reading through and through.

royal goof

by royal goof » 23 Aug 2006 12:49

ARE YOU WATCHING URI GELLAR?

Do not even think about talking about Reading FC in the public domain - Reading fans do not want to and never have wanted to be associated with you.

You are a TO$$ER.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 23 Aug 2006 13:08

when im famous, dont hate me

Tankman
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tankman » 23 Aug 2006 15:10

Bill Oddie I think the drummer from "The Cure" used to put a Royals flag up in front of his drums when in concert.

It's Simon Gallup, the bassist, actually. He has a Reading flag draped over his amp in many of the live shots that I've seen...