Arsenal Away - 3rd March 07- Ticket Details UPDATED

199 posts
Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 20 Feb 2007 16:18

I have to hold out hope that one of my drivers (AFC STH) still isn't interested in going to the game.
6 months ago he wasn't and offered me the ticket, but 6th place may have altered that. :?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 Feb 2007 16:59

The points system has worked fine all season , this game was always going to seel out quickly whatever happened , like others have said credit where it's due to the sales office team

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2007 17:01

Having spoken to ex-hub he didn't get any arsenal tickets. He reckons he's only on 581 points which seems very low, compared to what we're on and we've only been to one or two away games that he hasn't been to. He reckons he's not got all his royalty points added, he also stated that he STILL hasn't had his STAR points added, the 10 points wouldn't have taken him over the 601 - but that's not the point, he's emailed STAR twice already - I said I'd "have a word" with my STAR connections about this for him. There could easily be others who needed the 10 points to take them to the right threshold and who still haven't had theirs added. If ex-hub discovers he should have had more points from the club than he currently has, I can see a major row brewing!

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 17:04

Royal Lady Having spoken to ex-hub he didn't get any arsenal tickets. He reckons he's only on 581 points which seems very low, compared to what we're on and we've only been to one or two away games that he hasn't been to. He reckons he's not got all his royalty points added, he also stated that he STILL hasn't had his STAR points added, the 10 points wouldn't have taken him over the 601 - but that's not the point, he's emailed STAR twice already - I said I'd "have a word" with my STAR connections about this for him. There could easily be others who needed the 10 points to take them to the right threshold and who still haven't had theirs added. If ex-hub discovers he should have had more points from the club than he currently has, I can see a major row brewing!

He could still have got one with 581!.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Feb 2007 17:11

I had more than enough points to get mine yesterday, was unable to get through as I have been away. On my return home today discovered that the Reading allocation sold out and cosequantly on March 3rd I will be taking my custom to Brentford vs Scunthorpe and the money I will save will be spent on beer in one or more of Griffin Park's 4 pubs. My first RFC game missed in 18 months but on the brightside at least I am giving money to a football club who needs my dosh rather than a faceless corporation like Arsenal Football Club.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 20 Feb 2007 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2007 17:13

yes - he could have got one today - but he was in meetings all day and when I rang to ask if he'd got the tickets - he said "no, I've been really busy - I'll get them tomorrow" - to which point I had to tell them they'd all gone and he couldn't believe it.

If there are say 4,000 with enough points for the first tranche of tickets, it would be ever so helpful, in future, if the club could say that there will be more people holding the higher number of points than there are tickets available.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Feb 2007 17:15

Royal Lady If there are say 4,000 with enough points for the first tranche of tickets, it would be ever so helpful, in future, if the club could say that there will be more people holding the higher number of points than there are tickets available.

You're expecting the people who run RFC to have a clue how to get anything right? How long have you been supprting RFC, RL? That's surprisingly naive of you 8)

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 17:17

Royal Lady
If there are say 4,000 with enough points for the first tranche of tickets, it would be ever so helpful, in future, if the club could say that there will be more people holding the higher number of points than there are tickets available.

Surely (not shirley) everyone knows that already? I can't believe people actually think that the bands represent the "actual" number of fans to available tickets. Its always been first come, first serve.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2007 17:24

It's never normally like that though is it? They haven't changed the banding, so there are more people this time round with the higher number of points than previously. Mind you, what the feck do I know, I've only been an RFC supporter for over 25 years. :roll:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Feb 2007 17:58

Royal Lady Having spoken to ex-hub he didn't get any arsenal tickets. He reckons he's only on 581 points which seems very low, compared to what we're on and we've only been to one or two away games that he hasn't been to. He reckons he's not got all his royalty points added, he also stated that he STILL hasn't had his STAR points added, the 10 points wouldn't have taken him over the 601 - but that's not the point, he's emailed STAR twice already - I said I'd "have a word" with my STAR connections about this for him. There could easily be others who needed the 10 points to take them to the right threshold and who still haven't had theirs added. If ex-hub discovers he should have had more points from the club than he currently has, I can see a major row brewing!

why do people wait till there is a problem to check their points? By that time its too late.

I regularly check my account online and email memberservices if I find points are missing (eg watford away)

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Feb 2007 18:03

Royal Lady It's never normally like that though is it? They haven't changed the banding, so there are more people this time round with the higher number of points than previously. Mind you, what the feck do I know, I've only been an RFC supporter for over 25 years. :roll:

IIRC they did go overboard with the bands for Portsmouth away, steps of 10 or 15 points, so I'll hazard a guess that Spurs will be similar.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2007 19:14

weybridgewanderer

why do people wait till there is a problem to check their points? By that time its too late.

I regularly check my account online and email memberservices if I find points are missing (eg watford away)
He knew his STAR membership hadn't been credited and he keeps emailing to try and get it rectified - what more can he do?

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 20 Feb 2007 19:15

Surely more tickets to be made available?
My other half has just said that on the local news it said Madejski to put pressure on them to issue more, but she may have misheard :roll:

If true, will it make a blind bit of difference?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 19:21

Oxon_Royal Surely more tickets to be made available?
My other half has just said that on the local news it said Madejski to put pressure on them to issue more, but she may have misheard :roll:

Not if they feel they can sell the rest of the tickets to their own supporters, which they more than likely can. They only have to give us 3000 so anymore is at their discretion.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2007 19:22

He can't put pressure on anyone - Arsenal are following league rules I believe. They have given us 3,000. What we must all realise in future is that if we're not AST holders, there's only 2,000 tickets available out of 3,000. We should also remember that the club don't give a shiny shite WHO gets the tickets, they KNOW they'll sell out, so basically they don't care - and I should remind people reading this, that I have my Arsenal ticket - I'm just concerned for the many others who legitimatley missed out (or however you spell it)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 19:27

Royal Lady He can't put pressure on anyone - Arsenal are following league rules I believe. They have given us 3,000. What we must all realise in future is that if we're not AST holders, there's only 2,000 tickets available out of 3,000. We should also remember that the club don't give a shiny shite WHO gets the tickets, they KNOW they'll sell out, so basically they don't care - and I should remind people reading this, that I have my Arsenal ticket - I'm just concerned for the many others who legitimatley missed out (or however you spell it)

And why should they. All 3,000 tickets have been sold to either those who committed to buy a ticket for every away game or to people with at least 571 point (most with over 600) so regular fans who go home and to a decent (if not all) away games.

What the purchasers do with the ticket after that isn't the clubs fault.

I'm sure that some mistakes with points allocations have been made along the line (I'd be more shocked if there hadn't been) but that happens across all businesses.

People will legitamtely miss out when there is a bigger demand than the supply can handle and for a number of reasons beyond the clubs control - there's not much that can be done about that even if more bands and longer selling periods.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2007 19:32

Those with the highest number of points should be given "first refusal" - so if there's 1,000 fans with 827 points or whatever the highest amount you can have is, they should have had first chance, then the club should have released in the following days to those with slightly less. Lumping everyone with 601 or above, or whatever it was, was bound to cause problems imho. You should join STAR stranded, if you haven't already, you're quite an apologist for the club lately.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 19:40

Royal Lady Those with the highest number of points should be given "first refusal" - so if there's 1,000 fans with 827 points or whatever the highest amount you can have is, they should have had first chance, then the club should have released in the following days to those with slightly less. Lumping everyone with 601 or above, or whatever it was, was bound to cause problems imho. You should join STAR stranded, if you haven't already, you're quite an apologist for the club lately.

Not at all, I just think people are whinging for the sake of it. I know you got a ticket but you son missed out and that's a shame.

Even if you did as they suggest, I can guarantee that some people would still miss out and blame the club it's what people do. The club are giving those in the higher band what amounts to a pre-sale - a 24 hour period in order to get there tickets - it's a pretty standard ticket selling format used across all forms of entertainment.

They give everybody the information required to know when the tickets are available and the minimum requirement needed to buy one. At the point the onus is on the person wishing to attend to book the ticket - the fact that tickets got through to the 2nd day means that either there aren't too many people in the upper tier or that those that are couldn't and didn't choose to use the presale to their advantage. Once they do that they have to take their chances with next eligible purchasers. It wouldn't have mattered if they had one or three days to get the ticket some would have still missed the chance.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 20 Feb 2007 19:41

Stranded
Oxon_Royal Surely more tickets to be made available?

Not if they feel they can sell the rest of the tickets to their own supporters, which they more than likely can. They only have to give us 3000 so anymore is at their discretion.

Even if that were true (and I'd be surprised) Arsenal have already sold out the rest of the stadium to their own supporters.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 19:58

Royal Lady Those with the highest number of points should be given "first refusal" - so if there's 1,000 fans with 827 points or whatever the highest amount you can have is, they should have had first chance, then the club should have released in the following days to those with slightly less. Lumping everyone with 601 or above, or whatever it was, was bound to cause problems imho. You should join STAR stranded, if you haven't already, you're quite an apologist for the club lately.

I'll join the apologists then also! seeing as you have obviously decided that the club are at fault here :?

Fans with over 601 already get an advantage over those below, if they choose not to take up the option when it is given to them, and allow a second banding to get tickets then that is their choice.
The club give plenty of forewarning to availability, it appears as though some people think they have a god given right to get special treatment when it comes to allocation of tickets. Royalty points don't make individuals "better" and more "worthy" fans than others, they just indicate a longstanding commitment to the club. The club choose to band these individuals together to give as many people as possible the opportunity to get to games. When tickets to away games are allocated by other clubs there is usually a short space of time to sell so bandings have to be spaced as they are designed to allow "everyone" to get a chance, even if, as in this case, everyone doesn't get a chance. The important thing to remember here is the members with the highest bandings DID get a chance. Those 601 and upwards that didn't get a ticket, should learn from this.

The system, IMO, is fair, OK so it can be worked by those who really want to get to games, but is that not fair play for having the wherewithall to do something about it? The ones who feel hard done by appear to be the ones with a list of excuses as long as your arm as to why the system doesn't work for them. Well, its not supposed to work for individuals, its supposed to work for "a" majority. If people spent as much time working out ways of getting tickets rather than ways to complain about not getting them we wouldn't have this discussion every time tickets for big games go on sale.

There is a solution.......AST! :wink:

199 posts