Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stadium Of Pain

by General B » 11 Aug 2010 15:23

Apology accepted.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Aug 2010 15:58

BTW if Mr Woof was intelligent enough to be able to read, would he also be intelligent enough not to read the guff posted on here?

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 11 Aug 2010 23:14

paultheroyal probably been round alot longer than you and I move with the times! With a bit of practice I
move with the beat too. Try it sometime.

Of course you have.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Aug 2010 11:32

Dirk Gently
Hoop Blah That doesn't mean we have to accept it though.

If only life was really like that. If you think it's an issue worth not attending matches for then go ahead and boycott the games but do make sure that the club know that's the reason you're not attending. That's really the only leverage you have on something like this which you clearly care passionately about but the vast majority of Reading supporters (quite a different demographic to the people on Hobhob, BTW) don't give a tinker's cuss about. But in reality that's the only leverage you have.

All credit to you for caring so passionately, but this is a commercial organisation you're dealing with - if the club was owned by its supporters things would be different, but it's not, and neither is it a democracy.

So if you really think you can get enough people interesting in this issue to make a protest to show how you "don't accept" it then good luck to you, but I can't think where you'd start.

Pull your neck in Dirk. Where have I said I care about it all, where have I even hinted that I would boycott games because of it?

I'm merely pointing out that just because the club dig their heels in you don't have to sit back and acceptmit.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 14 Aug 2010 18:34

Celebration tune is LOLable.

It's the kind of tune that away fans will join in with dancing to because it's so cringe.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Aug 2010 21:16

LOL @ 7 pages of this garbage - who gives a sh*t? They could play I feel pretty and witty and bright after we score as far as I am concerned, I am just relieved to see the ball hitting the net at the right end for a change.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 15 Aug 2010 10:08

Dirk Gently The simple fact is that music is a subjective thing. No matter what song is selected, people will post how terrible it is, because it's not their choice.

Which is why I simpy don't care, and don't think it's worth making a fuss about.

Then they should have no music...

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 12 Sep 2010 12:12

Did the "jump Around" get boo'd yesterday?? I'm sure I heard that - although it could have been aimed at something else I missed

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 Sep 2010 21:34

Matt de K Did the "jump Around" get boo'd yesterday?? I'm sure I heard that - although it could have been aimed at something else I missed

James Vaughn i think.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Sep 2010 22:42

Matt de K Did the "jump Around" get boo'd yesterday?? I'm sure I heard that - although it could have been aimed at something else I missed

Think it did get roundly booed

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Sep 2010 22:51

Its just embarrassing, so is being associated with Reading as a whole these days. Our support was god awful yesterday and there were even people bopping up and down to this shite music when it was being played. Why does that dick always insist on " back the boys and make some noise", its like he's giving his own team talk " we can get another three points today, bla bla bla". Just stop the music and this retarded d**k on the mic before our games and stop embarrassing us in front of the away fans ffs.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2010 09:57

As I mentioned on another thread on the The Team board, the music this season has been played long after we've scored and already celebrated in our own way. Most people had sat back down on Saturday by the time the music started playing. We don't NEED music to celebrate a goal, but if the club or whoever INSIST on doing so, please choose a better song and please play it straight after we score. :roll:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 13 Sep 2010 10:08

Unfortunately it seems to be taking hold. LOTS of people in the East Stand were jumping around.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Sep 2010 11:48

Royal Lady ...and please play it straight after we score. :roll:
To be fair to the club, people have previously complained that playing the music straight away cuts short the "natural" celebrations, and they should hold off a bit. Damned if they do...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Sep 2010 11:50

That Friday Feeling Unfortunately it seems to be taking hold. LOTS of people in the East Stand were jumping around.
It's bad enough that the lub do something that EVERYBODY hates, but what's worse is that if they keep doing it then soon LOTS of people will like it!!!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re:

by West Stand Man » 13 Sep 2010 12:15

rabidbee
That Friday Feeling Unfortunately it seems to be taking hold. LOTS of people in the East Stand were jumping around.
It's bad enough that the lub do something that EVERYBODY hates, but what's worse is that if they keep doing it then soon LOTS of people will like it!!!

Which thing is it that EVERYBODY hates then?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Sep 2010 12:17

:|

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Sep 2010 12:19

rabidbee :|

Not really the answer needed! From the endless debates on here it is pretty clear that there is almost nothing that has either universal approval or disapproval. Certainly post-goal music falls into the 'no unanimity' bracket.

Kingsley's Kousin

Re:

by Kingsley's Kousin » 13 Sep 2010 12:20

rabidbee

:lol:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Sep 2010 12:26

West Stand Man Not really the answer needed!

Christ.

It was sarcasm.

142 posts