Half Time "entertainment"

sheshnu

Re: Half Time "entertainment"

by sheshnu » 20 Oct 2011 14:25

Compo's Hat Would be nice if half time actually involved something with a link to our club.

I'm sure the club would be open to suggestions if you'd like to get in touch. Considering the absolute tosh that has gone on during every single half time since time began I'm pretty sure they're struggling for ideas.

Can't believe anybody actually cares, mind you.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 20 Oct 2011 18:35

People seem to love to moan about everything, including half time entertainment, but when was the last time someone was away at one of the other 91 proper league clubs who do everything better than us, and was envious of their half time entertainment?

I can't stand strictly come dancing (why is it "strictly" anyway? Was it lenient before?) or any similar programmes, but Ola Jordan dancing about in that dress is fine by me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Oct 2011 18:39

Rev Algenon Stickleback H People seem to love to moan about everything, including half time entertainment, but when was the last time someone was away at one of the other 91 proper league clubs who do everything better than us, and was envious of their half time entertainment?

I can't stand strictly come dancing (why is it "strictly" anyway? Was it lenient before?) or any similar programmes, but Ola Jordan dancing about in that dress is fine by me.

Strictly Ballroom. Come Dancing. It's a mishmash of two well known shows.

I quite enjoyed seeing some soldier demonstrate their combat skills at Ipswich (i think) a few years ago.

I really miss the old school Burger King penalty shootout in the actual goals though.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 20 Oct 2011 21:52

Wycombe Royal
sandman Btw he was on BBC Berks yesterday saying the only reason he's doing the dancing show is to raise money for alzheimer's because his dad suffers from it.

Rubbish, he's just an attention seeker. Compo's Hat says so.

If you haven't worked that out by now you never will!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 20 Oct 2011 21:53

sheshnu
Compo's Hat Would be nice if half time actually involved something with a link to our club.

I'm sure the club would be open to suggestions if you'd like to get in touch. Considering the absolute tosh that has gone on during every single half time since time began I'm pretty sure they're struggling for ideas.

Can't believe anybody actually cares, mind you.

An audience with Kevin Girdler.

Two songs so that will fill the fifteen minutes nicely.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 20 Oct 2011 21:55

Wycombe Royal
sandman Btw he was on BBC Berks yesterday saying the only reason he's doing the dancing show is to raise money for alzheimer's because his dad suffers from it.

Rubbish, he's just an attention seeker. Compo's Hat says so.

He's "building his brand". It's not him as an individual, it's his marketing and PR gurus decdiing what image to create for him.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 Oct 2011 22:58

Ian Royal
Rev Algenon Stickleback H People seem to love to moan about everything, including half time entertainment, but when was the last time someone was away at one of the other 91 proper league clubs who do everything better than us, and was envious of their half time entertainment?

I quite enjoyed seeing some soldier demonstrate their combat skills at Ipswich (i think) a few years ago.

I remember seeing that at Derby a couple of years ago. I think it was some special match as they had the "Derby ram" outside the stadium and Kingsley and Rammie (or whatever he's called) abseiled into the stadium before the match. It was the best "entertainment" I've seen at half-time too. Wouldn't mind seeing Nicky Hammond attempting to take on all-comers at the Mad Stad in a similar fashion either.

Robbie Savage's dancing seemed to go down well on Tuesday night judging by the applause so fair play to him for doing it at Reading.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Oct 2011 10:32

was mildly entertaining, plus she was oxf*rd fit, and blew a kiss, specifically to me.

tbf my hatred for savage has almost died, he catually came across as decent on the radio when he was on

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 21 Oct 2011 11:36

melonhead was mildly entertaining, plus she was oxf*rd fit, and blew a kiss, specifically to me.

tbf my hatred for savage has almost died, he catually came across as decent on the radio when he was on

A mate of mine's gran used to know his family, and apparantly insists that "...he's a very nice boy really, nothing like how he seems on tv"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2011 12:19

I think he does genuinely seem like a nice bloke.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2011 16:18

He's the only one who has ever said he won't keep his appearance money and is giving it all to charity. So kudos to him. He comes across as a friendly chap on TV and on twitter and he knew he was lining himself up to be shot down by agreeing to take part, but obviously the Alzheimer's charity and his own dad's suffering means more to him than a bit of name calling/laughing at him. So fair play to him, I say.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Oct 2011 16:54

I wasn't at the game so thought it might be an idea to put this thread in context by providing a photo of Ola. HTH.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2011 19:30

melonhead was mildly entertaining, plus she was oxf*rd fit, and blew a kiss, specifically to me.

Exactly. Another in the Razor Ruddock mould who you love to hate when he appears against you but end up actually quite liking and respecting.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Oct 2011 16:00

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Nov 2011 08:59

What's wrong with the traditional half-time penalty shoot out, or 'hit the corner flag/crossbar' competition?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 07 Nov 2011 11:55

There was certainly an entertaining half time penalty at yesterday's game :lol:

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 07 Nov 2011 15:20

Is it only me or does anybody else find the kids and their shoot-outs in front of the East Stand mind numbingly boring?
There used to be 2 teams competing which at least gave it a bit of an edge. As it is it seems totally pointless

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Nov 2011 15:20

Jerry St Clair I wasn't at the game so thought it might be an idea to put this thread in context by providing a photo of Ola. HTH.

She has quite nice mammary glands