Royals TV?

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SHORT AND CURLY

Royals TV?

by SHORT AND CURLY » 28 Oct 2012 08:31

Useless idiots.
If you cant get it right on the pitch, at least sort the bloody tellys in the concourses out.

According to Royals TV we were 0-0 at half time with no shots on target. :shock: We had at least one!

Bring back Sky Sports at half time and not the garbage on display at the moment.

Thankyou

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Royals TV?

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2012 10:39

SHORT AND CURLY Useless idiots.
If you cant get it right on the pitch, at least sort the bloody tellys in the concourses out.

According to Royals TV we were 0-0 at half time with no shots on target. :shock: We had at least one!

Bring back Sky Sports at half time and not the garbage on display at the moment.

Thankyou

I spotted that too! Or rather I spotted the no shots on target. Didn't give them credit for being so dumb that they would miss the goal too!

tink

by tink » 28 Oct 2012 16:00

This is the same Royals TV that said our formation was Pogrebnyak on the wing, with McAnuff partnering Roberts up front?

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 Oct 2012 16:19

It wasn't just our game all the half time results were from early in the first half so I suspect there was a real IT problem

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 28 Oct 2012 16:22

the same happened a couple of weeks ago when the feed from Reuters/PA (forget which one) died. Tey can only display what's sent to them - they don't have someone up there keying it all in.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Oct 2012 19:12

Points well made. Got me all confused on my bet accumulator for the day!

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 29 Oct 2012 11:07

Alexander Litvinenko the same happened a couple of weeks ago when the feed from Reuters/PA (forget which one) died. Tey can only display what's sent to them - they don't have someone up there keying it all in.

They could just go back to the better product - Gillette Soccer Saturday please. Why can't they just serve us the 'customer' rather than see it an opportunity to rook some stupid advertiser into spending money on pointless adverts ... yeah, I know, I know, another pointless whinge from an idealist...

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 29 Oct 2012 11:10

Fox Talbot Why can't they just serve us the 'customer' rather than see it an opportunity to rook some stupid advertiser into spending money on pointless adverts ... yeah, I know, I know, another pointless whinge from an idealist...

Welcome to football in the 21st century.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 31 Oct 2012 11:20

Did you know: In the away section last night, they had Royals TV on one screen in the corner, but the main TV had an Arsenal 2011/12 season review DVD playing. Also all the staff manning the bars and snack counters had Arsenal shirts on.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 31 Oct 2012 12:29

Stuka Did you know: In the away section last night, they had Royals TV on one screen in the corner, but the main TV had an Arsenal 2011/12 season review DVD playing. Also all the staff manning the bars and snack counters had Arsenal shirts on.

Yep - they did the equivalent for Newcastle and Fulham. The good ideas coming out of Brighton making away fans feel welcome are starting to spread.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 31 Oct 2012 12:36

Quite a good psychological distraction I suppose.

So it was Brighton that pioneered this kind of thing?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 31 Oct 2012 12:39

Stuka Quite a good psychological distraction I suppose.

Yes, their safety officer is a breath of fresh air.

Plus there's a guy who runs"The Fan Experience Company" - nice guy who's been working with clubs in helping them make their grounds more welcoming and the "match-day experience" better. a lot of it is aimed at the family audience, but he has been doing some good stuff on fan engagement and consultation and on facilities for visiting supporters.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 31 Oct 2012 12:43

I suppose it's interesting from a crowd mentality perspective. How groups of people can have their collective moods controlled and influenced.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Feb 2013 21:02

Alexander Litvinenko
Stuka Did you know: In the away section last night, they had Royals TV on one screen in the corner, but the main TV had an Arsenal 2011/12 season review DVD playing. Also all the staff manning the bars and snack counters had Arsenal shirts on.

Yep - they did the equivalent for Newcastle and Fulham. The good ideas coming out of Brighton making away fans feel welcome are starting to spread.

We seem to be getting fairly frequent credit from other teams fans for having good staff and stewards, and being sensible

Sunderland today - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=759633

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Feb 2013 22:39

Alexander Litvinenko

Plus there's a guy who runs"The Fan Experience Company" - nice guy who's been working with clubs in helping them make their grounds more welcoming and the "match-day experience" better. a lot of it is aimed at the family audience, but he has been doing some good stuff on fan engagement and consultation and on facilities for visiting supporters.

I find it amazing that clubs pay a company to give them advice on this sort of thing when the fans could have told them for free! Maybe the fans should have charged for their comments!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Feb 2013 23:00

Agreed should be the sort of stuff the club go to STAR for

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Feb 2013 15:22

RoyalBlue
Alexander Litvinenko

I find it amazing that clubs pay a company to give them advice on this sort of thing when the fans could have told them for free! Maybe the fans should have charged for their comments!

But the prevailing attitude in football is that fans know nothing. They have no credibility, no knowledge of anything or no life-experience - they're just a rabble of potential hooligans.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1