Beer Tokens

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Beer Tokens

by moo » 18 Nov 2012 09:42

Ok this works at other grounds such as Chelsea. RFC setup a huge table covered in full pints of warm beer (possibly cider too if they wish to get fancy), we then approach the table with pre-purchased beer tokens and rapid fire they sell us bloody beer.

No families poncing about buying bags of crisps, or hot dogs to rub between their lips, pure, rapid, beer service.

These tokens can be bought online, in the megastore, in the ticket office, in the club shop, even at the bar itself.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Beer Tokens

by peterroyal76 » 18 Nov 2012 13:41

moo Ok this works at other grounds such as Chelsea. RFC setup a huge table covered in full pints of warm beer (possibly cider too if they wish to get fancy), we then approach the table with pre-purchased beer tokens and rapid fire they sell us bloody beer.

No families poncing about buying bags of crisps, or hot dogs to rub between their lips, pure, rapid, beer service.

These tokens can be bought online, in the megastore, in the ticket office, in the club shop, even at the bar itself.

Or they could take cash instead!

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 18 Nov 2012 22:33

peterroyal76
moo Ok this works at other grounds such as Chelsea. RFC setup a huge table covered in full pints of warm beer (possibly cider too if they wish to get fancy), we then approach the table with pre-purchased beer tokens and rapid fire they sell us bloody beer.

Or they could take cash instead!

Tokens are a time saving device...

People mess around with cash too much.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Nov 2012 09:38

Can you imagine the pushing and shoving for people wanting to get a pint and the numbers of pints lifted without a token because too many people are trying to get one and the table is understaffed? I understand what you're saying, but it would probably be easier if they had a couple of tills for "beer" only at half time - if you want anything else, you have to queue up at the other places.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 19 Nov 2012 09:44

Every home game I go to, I don't get to as many as I would like, I am approached by someone with a rocket pack on their back trying to sell me beer.

There never seems to be anyone purchasing from these people. I take it that the beer is warm and flat but is that any worse than you get if you queue at the counter for 15 minutes?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Nov 2012 09:47

Beer tokens are a massive hatred of mine

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 19 Nov 2012 10:38

I've already got beer tokens. Some of them are blue, some are orange and some are purple. They're obviously for RFC as they have the Queen's head on them.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 19 Nov 2012 23:35

It works at Chelsea.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 20 Nov 2012 18:01

moo It works at Chelsea.

So does acting like cnuts!

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 21 Nov 2012 11:14

Beer tokens are everywhere in Belgium and the system works extremely well, as Moo says, massive time-saving device. the only problem would be that they'd have to standardise prices which would of course mean increased prices.

tink

by tink » 23 Nov 2012 20:54

I went to Ajax a few years ago and was quite pissed off at the time that they didn't accept euros and you had to buy a card with money loaded onto it. This meant that essentially I was going to have to spend 10 euros, when all i wanted was a couple of pints which were 4 euros each. Inevitably, I left the ground with 2 euros remaining on the card, which are still there to this day.

It certainly sped things up at the bar, because it was contactless technology, but as a one-time attendee i felt slightly ripped off.

I guess that as a regular attendee it's no problem because you spend the money on your next visit, but if, like plastics or away fans, you only visit the madejski once a season, then you'd probably end up spending more on tokens than you actually spend in real terms, and hence the club makes a nice tidy profit.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 23 Nov 2012 22:12

But a few years ago when the club trialled smart-cards loaded with cash they were roundly criticised on here .....

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 26 Nov 2012 22:57

The bars/food stuff all stays the same..there is just the addition of a couple of tables that collect beer tokens..this could be outside, or in the concourse, or both. IMO it would benefit one and all.. Surprised that people haven't embraced the idea a bit more tbh.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1