Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Sweet Caroline - Blakey!

by TBM » 16 Mar 2015 10:51

BBCRB are trying to ram it down our throats too much, for that reason i'm OUT

philM

by philM » 16 Mar 2015 11:01

Woiuld be great to hear 20,000 singing Bill Oddie tonight though.

The man himself was on Talksport yesterday and said he was thinking of switching his support from Man U to Reading and then explained about the beard chant. He even had the two presenters joining in. They mentioned it a few times again throughout the programme and seemed mighty confused by it all.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Mar 2015 11:02

TBM BBCRB are trying to ram it down our throats too much, for that reason i'm OUT

Agreed

I'm sick of the song and hate it now

I have honestly heard it more times in the last 7 days than in my entire life

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 16 Mar 2015 11:04

philM Woiuld be great to hear 20,000 singing Bill Oddie tonight though.

The man himself was on Talksport yesterday and said he was thinking of switching his support from Man U to Reading and then explained about the beard chant. He even had the two presenters joining in. They mentioned it a few times again throughout the programme and seemed mighty confused by it all.

lol - what time was this on? - will listen again

philM

by philM » 16 Mar 2015 11:23

TBM

Found the link... http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1426417200#

From 12:51'ish (go to the 12:30-1pm section and from about 21 mins in)
Last edited by philM on 16 Mar 2015 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 16 Mar 2015 11:24

That is brilliant. Saw him tweet good luck to us the other day aswell, what a beaut.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 16 Mar 2015 11:56

philM
TBM

Found the link... http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1426417200#

From 12:51'ish (go to the 12:30-1pm section and from about 21 mins in)

:lol: superb...

Its gotta be sung tonight

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2015 12:59

Spread the word, and if the bands there as well let's have their tuneful :lol: backing

And if we lose out on attracting Bill as a celebrity fan we can always try for Bill Bailey...

Bill Bailey, Bill Bailey, rub your beard all over me daily.

Sidindaclub

by Sidindaclub » 16 Mar 2015 14:27

Sweet caroline's alright ya know, play it in full at the start

Also looking forward to some BILL ODDIE

and ofcourse

BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY BLUE ARMY

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Mar 2015 23:06

Thought this was a huge success tonight. Fcuk the rest of you miserable b@stards that were moaning on here :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Mar 2015 23:11

It probably was a success but a total embarrassment at the same time, I'll probably never attend another home game if the club persist in this,

I'm surprised how strongly I despise this.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2015 23:19

I wouldn't worry, it won't last. Like every attempt it'll probably die a death. But at least there seems to be some atmosphere and noise about the place as a result rather than the deathly quiet library syndrome there seems to be when it's left to us fans. And if that helps us win games then so what.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Mar 2015 23:28

If they get the timing of it right & use it wisely then I think it's a keeper. Plus the fans now have good memories of that song as it's helped get us to Wembley.

I really think people should just lighten up a bit & be thankful that people want to help the atmosphere. What is so bad about that?!

Best atmosphere in years tonight & anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 16 Mar 2015 23:37

Cannot believe fans are moaning.
The atmosphere was great tonight, enhanced by the music, sea of scarves , whatever.

Are some of you so precious that it embarrasses you.

FFS We have just reached the Semi Final of the FA CUP!!!!

How many Royals can remember the last one.
Get over it and savour the history.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Mar 2015 07:38

Royality creeps in wrote: How many Royals can remember the last one.

That a mission for someone to find a Royal (Biscuitman) who attended the last semi final 88 years ago.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2015 08:31

Think the club are doing a great job with Sweet Caroline. Keep it up!

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 17 Mar 2015 09:39

Thought this was done quite well in the end last night -

First goal went in and the timing of the song was off, plus the crowd were confused as to why it was playing as goal music therefore didn't work particularly well.
Second goal was better as they fixed the timing of it and the crowd knew it was coming
Third goal it was spot on, crowd loved it.

If it improves the atmosphere and gives us a bit of identity which apparently we lack then why not embrace it? And if we have to have goal music then last night was better than the usual dart music.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Mar 2015 09:53

Even Bradford fans couldn't find an answer to it. We all sung it loud and proud. 100% behind it as it also seems to bring back the 106 spirit too.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Mar 2015 10:12

Sweet Caroline kind of works - needs fans to learn the first verse and try it out at some away games if it's going to gain real purchase as a club song. If we have to have goal music I'd rather that than the darts tbh

Do Y26 take speed before every match? I'm well used to them singing Bill Oddie far too quickly but last night's Que Sera Sera was lightning. Any quicker and it would rival Pinky and Perky. The whole ground kicked off at once and after two lines the East Stand was a whole chorus ahead.

Shambles.

Optimist

by Optimist » 17 Mar 2015 10:29

Moonfish
philM
RoyallyFcuked Loved 2005/06 so much but when was this the pre match music? Can remember it at Reading I think but can't have been in 05/06 as Blakey said it happened at the end of that season

I may be wrong but I don't think it ever was pre-match music. My memory of it was that it was played after the game, when we won. In 2006/7 I think.

Didn't the players adopt it and put it on in the dressing room after every match in 05/06? I think the club then tried to play it on the PA system a few times at the end of the season, definitely during the lap of honour, but it never really caught on with the fans.

That's right. Little, Sidwell, Halls, Makin, Oster, Shorey and Stack got chucked out of a restaurant in Marbella for singing it. It was never played pre/post-match during the season, but it was announced before the QPR game that the squad had chosen a "special" song to be played for the lap of honour/trophy presentation. Then it never really got played again.

Obviously Sweet Caroline will divide opinion but so would every suggestion for a club song (which is why it's been debated on here for years), if we don't now use this as our song we'll never have one, so let's just sing the damn thing.