New HD player problems

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Armadillo Roadkill

New HD player problems

by Armadillo Roadkill » 23 Jul 2015 11:34

Anyone else having problems with the new HD player? Every single time I use it it gets about two minutes in, freezes, then crashes my browser (Safari on an iMac).

They really need to try a bit harder with the content - so if others are having the same problem is could be time to ditch the subscription.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: New HD player problems

by LWJ » 23 Jul 2015 11:44

Works fine for me. Don't use on a mac

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 23 Jul 2015 12:09

Happy non-mac user here too.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Jul 2015 12:22

Works ok for me but not good on macs

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Jul 2015 09:54

Does the subscription for the old player just carry on or do we have to sign up again?

I can only assume that the twats in charge here have just oxf*rd to a far flung beach for the summer :evil:

Some of us have been paying for this unreliable, regularly shite service for more than a decade :|

The only part that works on my PC, surprise, SURPRISE!!! is the bit that is busting a gut to take my money, without one reference to current/previous subscribers, many living abroad and having no choice but to pay if they want some intermittent match commentary.

I only live in Surrey and can't get Radio Berks, FFS, despite the fact it comes steaming over the air waves in places like Southampton :|

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 27 Jul 2015 13:46

paultheroyal Works ok for me but not good on macs

Only just seen this thread. Player works fine for me on my Imac but I use Google Chrome and not Safari. Try that.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 28 Jul 2015 00:06

Let's hope they've fixed the player now so you can get commentary of matches through tablet/phones.

Looking forward to trying it out a week Saturday.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Jul 2015 13:24

Woodcote Royal Does the subscription for the old player just carry on or do we have to sign up again?

I can only assume that the twats in charge here have just oxf*rd to a far flung beach for the summer :evil:

Some of us have been paying for this unreliable, regularly shite service for more than a decade :|

The only part that works on my PC, surprise, SURPRISE!!! is the bit that is busting a gut to take my money, without one reference to current/previous subscribers, many living abroad and having no choice but to pay if they want some intermittent match commentary.

I only live in Surrey and can't get Radio Berks, FFS, despite the fact it comes steaming over the air waves in places like Southampton :|

Couldn't get anything on Internet Explorer so I, too, tried Google Chrome and everything worked fine.

Old subscription and password still working and managed to watch Swansea highlights.

Have so say, though, if Swansea picture quality is a sign of things to come, HD will be a complete waste of time.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Aug 2015 11:06

I use a Mac and works okay (ish) for me, but I don't use Safari, I use Firefox. The only problem I have is with my internet being so slow. On that subject, does anyone know of a way to download the highlights from the player.readingfc ? I live in Nepal and the internet is shockingly slow. It won't allow for buffering really so it's impossible to watch. Usually if there was something on YouTube I wanted to watch I'd need to download it so I can watch it uninterrupted.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 12 Aug 2015 19:07

To change your credit card details you have to change your address although you don't have to change anything. Took about 2 weeks to find that out from the IT boys

iPhil®

by iPhil® » 18 Aug 2015 09:58

If anyone is interested in how to download highlights from the player.reading site (I assume not as nobody replied to my posts), I've finally managed to get an application that works brilliantly: Total Video Downloader for Mac. Finally I can enjoy decent highlights here in Nepal even though I have the slowest internet (512kbs).

I have to say though, while it is a LOT better quality than the crap they used to have, I'm not sure they can justify calling it HD yet. HD would be 720p or 1080p quality, and this just isn't close. Also, how can you select from low to medium to high quality like you used to be able to? It doesn't have any option for it, but while I was initially watching it and my internet speed dropped it somehow loaded up an even worse quality video stream.

Overall an improvement, but still some way to go I'd say.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Aug 2015 21:24

Why would you subscribe to Player when it's all on YouTube?

iPhil®

by iPhil® » 25 Aug 2015 20:08

John Smith Why would you subscribe to Player when it's all on YouTube?

Where?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2015 21:48

Works fine for me too. PC and Chrome here.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 26 Aug 2015 01:00

Works sort of in Safari on my phone now. If I lock the screen it stops working. Then when I go back in I have to fiddle with the time slider to get it to start again.

I'm flabbergasted they can't get something this simple to work properly.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 26 Aug 2015 05:42

I subscribe for the commentary. Living overseas means that I can't get commentary any other way! Last night's game was very frustrating as it didn't actually work until 5 minutes in to the game The kick-off time for me was 12:30am and I was setting it to record so I could listen in the morning. I like to listen to the build up to the game but didn't get any of that. Would have been nice, as I could have set it recording at 11:45 and then gone to bed without having to wait another 45 minutes.

As I already do subscribe for the above reason, I then want to take advantage of the 10 minute highlights of each game (although the commentary on that is appalling). With the state of the internet here it is impossible to watch without downloading it first.

I hope that clears it up for you?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Aug 2015 16:05

iPhil®

Where?

www.youtube.com

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 27 Aug 2015 10:38

genome
iPhil®

Where?

http://www.youtube.com

Sheesh.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1