Young children - tickets?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re:

by Maneki Neko » 02 Aug 2016 17:03

Mr Optimist
Harps stay sharp Don't do it.

I took my son to his first match when he was four. He quite liked watching the players warm up. Then just before kick off he said he wanted to go home. Then when the match started and I started venting my feelings at the ref he burst into tears. At half time he wanted to go home! then fell asleep on my lap in the second half.

It always sounds great taking youngsters to their first ever football match, but to be honest, until they reach 7 or 8 I wouldn't bother.

I have a season ticket for my nearly five year old. Most games I have to take him to the toilet on average five times. I now insist that he urinates in to an empty fruit shoot bottle! This plan has worked for the last few games until a recent game when it was just getting exciting and a little voice piped up..."Dad, I want to do a poo".

Have you ever tried to get a four year old to crap in to a fruit shoot bottle?

I am still hoping that he will get in to it more. He gets caught up in the atmosphere and the day out and feeling like one of the big boys if you like but I am in two minds whether to renew his season ticket and leave it for a couple of years.

If my wife knew that he spent most of the time not watching the game or with me bribing him with sweets and crisps to keep quiet she would say he is definitely not going anymore at £170 odd a year for his ticket!!

wtf?

17 quid?
got a family season ticket for me and my u16 godson in the north stand,
worked out I paid about 25 quid for it

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Young children - tickets?

by Maneki Neko » 02 Aug 2016 17:05

and double WTF!!

kids under 7 get a free season ticket, if you have one.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Aug 2016 21:02

Took my son last season who is 4... And absolutely loves it. He has a free season ticket, brilliant offer by the club and he literally lives and breathes reading FC poor sod.

Watches the game throughout and has become very knowledgeable. Very proud dad.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Aug 2016 23:05

No problems with kids coming to games. No problems with the talking. No problems with the lack of interest. No problem woth them constantly going to the toilet. What I do have a problem with is Dads stopping on the stairs to watch a crucial bit of the match in front of me whilst walking said mini-humans to the toilet.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 03 Aug 2016 07:21

Maneki Neko and double WTF!!

kids under 7 get a free season ticket, if you have one.

I was going to say this, my brother in law has just renewed their 2 season tickets and were given 2 free seated season tickets for his kids (both under 5)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re:

by Forbury Lion » 03 Aug 2016 09:05

PlasticRoyale He'll be bribe with fizzy pop and sweet's.
In my experience, fueling a kid with fizzy pop and sweets does not result in them sitting still and watching something for 90 minutes....... Calpol on the other hand :lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: Re:

by LWJ » 03 Aug 2016 09:47

Maneki Neko
Mr Optimist
Harps stay sharp Don't do it.

I took my son to his first match when he was four. He quite liked watching the players warm up. Then just before kick off he said he wanted to go home. Then when the match started and I started venting my feelings at the ref he burst into tears. At half time he wanted to go home! then fell asleep on my lap in the second half.

It always sounds great taking youngsters to their first ever football match, but to be honest, until they reach 7 or 8 I wouldn't bother.

I have a season ticket for my nearly five year old. Most games I have to take him to the toilet on average five times. I now insist that he urinates in to an empty fruit shoot bottle! This plan has worked for the last few games until a recent game when it was just getting exciting and a little voice piped up..."Dad, I want to do a poo".

I am still hoping that he will get in to it more. He gets caught up in the atmosphere and the day out and feeling like one of the big boys if you like but I am in two minds whether to renew his season ticket and leave it for a couple of years.

If my wife knew that he spent most of the time not watching the game or with me bribing him with sweets and crisps to keep quiet she would say he is definitely not going anymore at £170 odd a year for his ticket!!

wtf?

17 quid?

Posted in 2007 Brendy..

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Aug 2016 11:26

LWJ
Maneki Neko
Mr Optimist

wtf?

17 quid?

Posted in 2007 Brendy..

Thais out!

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 12 Aug 2016 09:14

Whatever happened to those kids from 2007?

Do they still support us and still go to games?

Any in prison or borstal?

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 12 Aug 2016 11:27

Forbury Lion
In my experience, fueling a kid with fizzy pop and sweets does not result in them sitting still and watching something for 90 minutes....... Calpol on the other hand :lol:

So you've experience with drugging children....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Aug 2016 11:56

Brosef Stalin
Forbury Lion

So you've experience with drugging children....
I'm no Kate McCann.