Twenty’s Plenty!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Twenty’s Plenty!

by Lower West » 01 Oct 2016 22:22

tidus_mi2
siforest65 Kudos to Reading for this and by my calculations it's about half price compared to the rip off merchants of Sheffield Wedsnesday to sit in a depcrepid shit stadium for away fans.

I hope other clubs are reciprocating the agreement though but guess they aren't

As far as I'm aware, only Cardiff have reciprocated the offer so far.

Believe Villa have.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 02 Oct 2016 10:02

Although the club should be commended for bringing this in, not sure how it's helping our fans.
Seems a bit unfair that all visiting clubs are able to get cheap tickets yet Reading fans have to pay over the odds at most grounds, would much rather see us charge visiting fans the same as they would charge us.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Oct 2016 10:26

MR. CYNICAL Although the club should be commended for bringing this in, not sure how it's helping our fans.
Seems a bit unfair that all visiting clubs are able to get cheap tickets yet Reading fans have to pay over the odds at most grounds, would much rather see us charge visiting fans the same as they would charge us.

£20 for a match day ticket for us at home.

We can't force other clubs to offer us cheap ticketing, we can only encourage and lead the way.

SMF

by SMF » 02 Oct 2016 12:07

LWJ
MR. CYNICAL Although the club should be commended for bringing this in, not sure how it's helping our fans.

We can't force other clubs to offer us cheap ticketing, we can only encourage and lead the way.

I think you've kind off missed the point of the post. Some tickets prices are ridiculous, why hasn't there been a cap agreed in the football league like there has been in the Premier League £33 and £28 for QPR tickets which is one of the worst away ends in the league. I can't see Reading continuing the initiative beyond this season as a very small number of sides have reciprocated the price for our fans.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Oct 2016 03:58

Fans need to boycott expensive clubs, worked last season when Manchester City fans did it at the Emirates. Suddenly the clubs realised the possible future and The Premier League introduced the cap on prices.

Shame we don't do the same at QPR

Lenny The Tramp

by Lenny The Tramp » 03 Oct 2016 09:25

Looks like QPR fans are doing their own boycott, looking at their attendances this season.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Oct 2016 09:35

Considering Premier League prices for away tickets are capped at £30, any club that charges more in the Football League is just taking the piss at this point. I'm flat out refusing to pay more than I'd be asked at a Premier League match.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 04 Oct 2016 03:59

Trouble is when push comes to shove we pay if we care enough ( I dont)

£35 at Villa anyone if a win takes us up automatically and it isn't on the tv.

Oh and I hope it relegated them as well, some payback for 1971.

Even better if it's an og to give us the ooints5, bitter nah

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Oct 2016 09:00

SMF
LWJ

I think you've kind off missed the point of the post. Some tickets prices are ridiculous, why hasn't there been a cap agreed in the football league like there has been in the Premier League £33 and £28 for QPR tickets which is one of the worst away ends in the league. I can't see Reading continuing the initiative beyond this season as a very small number of sides have reciprocated the price for our fans.

I think you missed my point. We can only try and set an example, as there is nothing in place to stop teams charging over the odds. WE MUST LEAD THE WAY.

Teams will continue to charge over the odds if people will pay it. As I have said previously I won't pay over £30 for any league game this year, and will probably do every single one which is £25 or less.

Cardiff reciprocated it, yet we couldn't sell out. We don't help ourselves really, do we?!

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 04 Oct 2016 09:27

Ticket pricing aside, there seems to be a growing problem of points being missed in this thread.