Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

1858 posts
User avatar
LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7275
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 09:59
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by LWJ » 13 Jan 2022 09:38

Hendo I remember remarking to Lady Hendo "I also remember when I had my first beer" :roll:

Top bantz

User avatar
Hendo
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 16037
Joined: 25 Mar 2012 20:53
Location: Lambs to the cosmic slaughter

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2022 09:44

LWJ
Hendo I remember remarking to Lady Hendo "I also remember when I had my first beer" :roll:

Top bantz


I know, right?


hughsies no.1
Member
Posts: 470
Joined: 30 Sep 2004 10:50

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by hughsies no.1 » 13 Jan 2022 09:55

I thought c1871 started really well vs Fulham and was so good to hear a prolonged 'Blue Army' which Y25/26 got involved with - also find with that chant it is also easy for the rest of the ground to get involved in and when that does happen it is brilliant. Understandably when you are then getting pumped 4/5/then 6 then 7 at home that chants will go south.

The s*x offender chanting does my head in but seems to be part of parcel of any fanbase these days as I hear it on TV from other fan bases, Kidderminster fans were singing it about Carroll etc - it all started from Newcastle fans singing it at Ronaldo at OT. Would love our fanbase to be above that and just focus on our team, have heard our fans sing it about Mitro home/away / Warnock/ Billy Sharp/ Mick McCarthy. I personally don't find it remotely funny or 'banter'. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a chant about opposition players and managers, some belters in the past like 'Ian Dowie the elephant man' etc etc

But all-in-all, there is no doubt in my mind that c1871 has been a tremendous success and has improved the atmosphere home and away. Just have a massive dislike for that type of chanting.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4601
Joined: 20 Jan 2010 23:47
Location: Astronauts The New Conquistadors

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2022 12:44

hughsies no.1 c1871 has been a tremendous success and has improved the atmosphere away

This is out and out lies and anyone who goes away will know this

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14670
Joined: 04 Sep 2019 09:39

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2022 13:17

John Smith
hughsies no.1 c1871 has been a tremendous success and has improved the atmosphere away

This is out and out lies and anyone who goes away will know this

It is clear to me from the above accounts that club1871 need to go NOW and are doing more damage to the club then ever

Our reputation can be salvaged but this bunch of hooligans need to GO


Needle
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 12:33

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Needle » 13 Jan 2022 13:47

hughsies no.1 I thought c1871 started really well vs Fulham and was so good to hear a prolonged 'Blue Army' which Y25/26 got involved with - also find with that chant it is also easy for the rest of the ground to get involved in and when that does happen it is brilliant. Understandably when you are then getting pumped 4/5/then 6 then 7 at home that chants will go south.

The s*x offender chanting does my head in but seems to be part of parcel of any fanbase these days as I hear it on TV from other fan bases, Kidderminster fans were singing it about Carroll etc - it all started from Newcastle fans singing it at Ronaldo at OT. Would love our fanbase to be above that and just focus on our team, have heard our fans sing it about Mitro home/away / Warnock/ Billy Sharp/ Mick McCarthy. I personally don't find it remotely funny or 'banter'. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a chant about opposition players and managers, some belters in the past like 'Ian Dowie the elephant man' etc etc

But all-in-all, there is no doubt in my mind that c1871 has been a tremendous success and has improved the atmosphere home and away. Just have a massive dislike for that type of chanting.


Always cringe when I hear the sex offender song. I'd love it if we made it topical though.

We're the Royals, we're on a bender. Prince Andrew's a sex offender.

hughsies no.1
Member
Posts: 470
Joined: 30 Sep 2004 10:50

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by hughsies no.1 » 13 Jan 2022 16:53

John Smith
hughsies no.1 c1871 has been a tremendous success and has improved the atmosphere away

This is out and out lies and anyone who goes away will know this


I go away and have done for years and I know the away demographic has changed in recent years but that is because the regulars have stopped going - there is definitely a younger demographic born out of c1871 in away ends. But lets face it, if they weren't there they would be empty seats resulting in less noise from the away end. Which therefore means that the creation of c1871 is benefiting the away support.

PATRIQT
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: 11 Mar 2021 14:55

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by PATRIQT » 13 Jan 2022 17:00

The anti C1871 posts are pure nonsense. That group has made a positive difference whether you want to be part of it or not!

What we had before them was a Y25 and Y26 that were getting quieter and quieter by the week; and it's not about rivalling sections either, it's about having noise in more place than one, and then when both sections link up, the noise carries around the stadium.

I loved Y26, but the noise just doesn't carry from there. Behind the goal and in that corner it does, and C1871 have made a great difference.

What we need now is Y25/26 to join in more; or raise their own game and C1871 will join them as well and it's win-win for the fans.

User avatar
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6164
Joined: 15 Jun 2012 15:24

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2022 17:18

PATRIQT The anti C1871 posts are pure nonsense. That group has made a positive difference whether you want to be part of it or not!

What we had before them was a Y25 and Y26 that were getting quieter and quieter by the week; and it's not about rivalling sections either, it's about having noise in more place than one, and then when both sections link up, the noise carries around the stadium.

I loved Y26, but the noise just doesn't carry from there. Behind the goal and in that corner it does, and C1871 have made a great difference.

What we need now is Y25/26 to join in more; or raise their own game and C1871 will join them as well and it's win-win for the fans.

The anti-C1871 posts have convinced me that it's just DD talking to himself.


Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14670
Joined: 04 Sep 2019 09:39

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Simmops » 17 Jan 2022 17:51

I hope Club1871 are going to the QPR game seeing as its local and they are hardcore fans

User avatar
Zip
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19425
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 16:39

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 18:11

hughsies no.1 I thought c1871 started really well vs Fulham and was so good to hear a prolonged 'Blue Army' which Y25/26 got involved with - also find with that chant it is also easy for the rest of the ground to get involved in and when that does happen it is brilliant. Understandably when you are then getting pumped 4/5/then 6 then 7 at home that chants will go south.

The s*x offender chanting does my head in but seems to be part of parcel of any fanbase these days as I hear it on TV from other fan bases, Kidderminster fans were singing it about Carroll etc - it all started from Newcastle fans singing it at Ronaldo at OT. Would love our fanbase to be above that and just focus on our team, have heard our fans sing it about Mitro home/away / Warnock/ Billy Sharp/ Mick McCarthy. I personally don't find it remotely funny or 'banter'. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a chant about opposition players and managers, some belters in the past like 'Ian Dowie the elephant man' etc etc

But all-in-all, there is no doubt in my mind that c1871 has been a tremendous success and has improved the atmosphere home and away. Just have a massive dislike for that type of chanting.



1871 were certainly better v Fulham than they were for Derby when they didn’t wake up until we went two up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8004
Joined: 16 Jul 2004 18:36
Location: ALL wars/refugees/occupations matter,

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 17:13

SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

WERE THERE ANY CHANTS FOR PAUNO'S HEAD TODAY?

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

Back in the day there'd be non-stop chanting for the manager's head.

I don't get it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14670
Joined: 04 Sep 2019 09:39

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Simmops » 22 Jan 2022 17:22

Millsy SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

WERE THERE ANY CHANTS FOR PAUNO'S HEAD TODAY?

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

Back in the day there'd be non-stop chanting for the manager's head.

I don't get it.

Club1871 are plastics who will do anything to kiss the clubs arse

They need to go


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 12500
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 14:05
Location: Undiscovered pyramid somewhere in Egypt

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2022 17:30

Simmops
Millsy SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

WERE THERE ANY CHANTS FOR PAUNO'S HEAD TODAY?

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

Back in the day there'd be non-stop chanting for the manager's head.

I don't get it.

Club1871 are plastics who will do anything to kiss the clubs arse

They need to go


Aren’t there any fans in the other stands then? 1871 are hardly the loudest, as I recall they generally make as much atmosphere as a hoover.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6383
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 11:18

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2022 18:52

The only stand with a protest today, a banner reading NO DESIRE, NO DRIVE, NO DIRECTION, maybe some other stands should take note.

User avatar
St Pauli
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15775
Joined: 22 Sep 2006 14:17
Location: Well tonight, thank God it's them, instead of you.

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by St Pauli » 22 Jan 2022 18:54

Millsy SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

WERE THERE ANY CHANTS FOR PAUNO'S HEAD TODAY?

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

Back in the day there'd be non-stop chanting for the manager's head.

I don't get it.


There was a Club 1871 banner today that read:

No desire, no drive, no direction.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14670
Joined: 04 Sep 2019 09:39

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Simmops » 22 Jan 2022 19:26

St Pauli
Millsy SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS

You know I love you, have bigged you up several times. But coming from someone who used to help lead Southbank and East stand chants, have invaded pitches etc...]

WERE THERE ANY CHANTS FOR PAUNO'S HEAD TODAY?

In my day this was commonplace - shit manager, few dodgy results, the chants come out after if not during the match.

85% of fans answering the latest poll want Pauno removed from managing. Are you the other 15%? Are you scared? Do you not realise being noisy doesn't just mean chants about players not in the squad? Or is it that you're just quiet and I didn't notice it?

Back in the day there'd be non-stop chanting for the manager's head.

I don't get it.


There was a Club 1871 banner today that read:

No desire, no drive, no direction.

Think that's a description of themselves

An absolute joke..just get so ANGRY at them

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend
Posts: 20593
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2022 19:31

….and hard to call for heads to roll whilst knocking-in goals…which we were for a change.

…and yes, I know :roll:

Some already pre-match, accepted defeat, but they”d settled for defeat with a fight…..and they got just that, we ran out of steam and the subs came 10/15 minutes too late.

Better days to come, the squad are regrouping and re-arming

Bigtimmeh
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: 23 Dec 2018 14:04

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Bigtimmeh » 22 Jan 2022 22:10

There were two banners today in 1871, the "official" one nearer the back and someone's bedsheets at the front. Hope that keeps you happy

Personally I think it would be better if pauno leaves but I don't express this in the stadium, as he probably won't leave and I think that going on about it can be counter productive..so I think its good there werent any negative chants today after what was an improved performance from the team.

Millsy
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8004
Joined: 16 Jul 2004 18:36
Location: ALL wars/refugees/occupations matter,

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:14

AthleticoSpizz ….and hard to call for heads to roll whilst knocking-in goals…which we were for a change.

…and yes, I know :roll:

Some already pre-match, accepted defeat, but they”d settled for defeat with a fight…..and they got just that, we ran out of steam and the subs came 10/15 minutes too late.

Better days to come, the squad are regrouping and re-arming


I respect your opinion and the debate belongs elsewhere, not here. I don't think you speak for all of Club 1871 - 15% might think as you do. We lost. Again. With a very good team, trying very hard which is why presumably the majority are very unhappy. Just gutless in my opinion.

1858 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

It is currently 27 May 2022 02:02