BBC Berks Live commentary is no more....Oh yes it is!

161 posts
Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Jul 2006 18:51

107FM - From the Bangles to the Bee Gees.

If that's what they think constitutes a diverse range of music (and, after all they are primarially a music station) I hate to think what they'll do with football commentary.

iPhil®

by iPhil® » 20 Jul 2006 19:19

Is 107 what you listen to if you are listening via the Reading World match day broadcast? Shite if so.

I used to listen to Berks FM for away games I hadn't gone to, and at the match via my mobile. the Reading World one was reserved solely for if I had to work on a Saturday away game. Loved the way they commentated I have to say. They were funny. For those that don't know what they were like, download the full Crystal Palace game and give it a play. They are quality. A sad day indeed.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Jul 2006 19:21

I emailed bbc berkshire describing my dissappointment with the move. Why don't some of you do the same, show them that we are going to miss it. Even give 107fm an email telling them they are shiate.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jul 2006 19:29

IMHO an absolutely outrageous decision, which no-one can support.

A year ago, 107 decided to drop the football commentary because they wanted to "concentrate on being a music station" - but then, when we started to do well, it was all mysteriously resurrected without a word said about the absence......

Meanwhile, BBC Berks, who have provided the club with masses of free publicity even back when we were sh*t and in Tier 3, are dropped like a stone, leaving the number of fans able to hear radio coverage of their team massively reduced - and all at a time when it's harder then ever to get access to see the team play live.

Positive proof that when you're in the Premier League, loyalty counts for nothing and the only thing that has any value is the colour of your money.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Jul 2006 19:37

Dirk Gently IMHO an absolutely outrageous decision, which no-one can support.

A year ago, 107 decided to drop the football commentary because they wanted to "concentrate on being a music station" - but then, when we started to do well, it was all mysteriously resurrected without a word said about the absence......

Meanwhile, BBC Berks, who have provided the club with masses of free publicity even back when we were sh*t and in Tier 3, are dropped like a stone, leaving the number of fans able to hear radio coverage of their team massively reduced - and all at a time when it's harder then ever to get access to see the team play live.

Positive proof that when you're in the Premier League, loyalty counts for nothing and the only thing that has any value is the colour of your money.

Hear Hear, although I'm at most games so I don't listen to the coverage as much you can always appreciate they were there during the good and bad times and the Tim and Joel football partnership was always a good one.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: BBC Berks Live commentary is no more........

by Platypuss » 20 Jul 2006 19:38

RoyalBlue
Wycombe Royal Reading 107 have got the exclusive rights for next season ending the clubs long term partnership with BBC Berks. Apparently they wouldn't pay enough money.

B*STARDS!!

107 is the pits!

What's more, unless they're going to stream it over the web,

Of course they'll stream it over the web.

£35 please sir.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Jul 2006 19:47

Dirk Gently IMHO an absolutely outrageous decision, which no-one can support.

I really hope others remember this.

hellopremiership

by hellopremiership » 20 Jul 2006 19:55

http://www.reading107fm.com/page.pl?id=7
who fancies a mass complaint email?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Jul 2006 20:00

hellopremiership http://www.reading107fm.com/page.pl?id=7
who fancies a mass complaint email?

me!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Jul 2006 20:04

bobby1413 I emailed bbc berkshire describing my dissappointment with the move. Why don't some of you do the same, show them that we are going to miss it. Even give 107fm an email telling them they are shiate.

Which email address did you use?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Jul 2006 20:26

RG30
bobby1413 I emailed bbc berkshire describing my dissappointment with the move. Why don't some of you do the same, show them that we are going to miss it. Even give 107fm an email telling them they are shiate.

Which email address did you use?

berkshire.online@bbc.co.uk

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 20 Jul 2006 20:26

I wonder what Tredder thinks of all this. Will he switch allegiances and start sending texts to 107?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 20 Jul 2006 20:51

Dangerous 107 normally disappears by the time I get to Newbury along the M4, with Radio Berks, I can listen to all the post match stuff most of the way back to Fairford ish, and then it disappears and then comes back when I head out towards the Forest of Dean, and then back on my drive I get an almost perfect signal, which is really bizarre, considering it's about 90-100 miles away.

No signal on the house radio though!

107 has been very poor in the past, 2 minutes of analysis and then Tina Turner, or some Phil Collins :roll: and then some adverts.

A sad loss for me personally, guess it'll have to be Sports Report and then 606 on my way home now. That is when we play at 3pm on a Saturday of course :roll:

With you on that Dangerous, always listen all the way back to Cheltenham.
What a disgrace RFC are with this. FCUK the fans then.
Good job they will get more subscribers to Reading World, as 107 singal is poorer than a most pirate radio stations, quality not much better, no probably worse. commercial radio and all that...

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 20 Jul 2006 20:52

I cannot really add to what has already been written. I am really dissapointed by this decision.

Whoever the match day commentator is on 107 is appauling.

As previously stated BBC Berks is part and parcel of my match day (especially the away games I cannot get to) and it will be sorely missed!

Presumably Mr Mad is trying to get people to listen to the station because I personally dont know one person who listens to it. Its crapability is reflected in the anti 107 on this thread.

Perhaps Mr Mad reads HNA (as certain players do) and will re think his decision!

LONG LIVE BBC BERKS FOOTY COVERAGE!

Lurking

by Lurking » 20 Jul 2006 21:10

Perhaps mass emails complaining to the club as well?

If it is just a question of money, then I think the club are taking the wrong approach to this. Whilt 107 may pay more for the broadcast rights, BBCRB broadcast to a much wider area, reaching more people, and thereby sustaining interest in the club amongst people outside Reading, which ultimatly generates more revenue for the club. I live near Winchester, and if it hadn't been for the coverage on Radio Berks then I propbably wouldn't have become such an ardent supporter, as I wouldn't have been able to hear live coverage of the games I couldn't get to.

DaveM

by DaveM » 20 Jul 2006 21:13

Are 107FM the idiots responsible for the online comentry too? It's infuriating when listening and they shout too loud so the feed gets cut off, but they don't know about it so someone has to ring up and tell them. It eventually comes back 15minutes later...

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 20 Jul 2006 21:48

Have sent my email to 107. I cant believe that we are going to have to put up with the poor reception/coverage and woeful commentary they 107 have had to date.

Joel and Tim brought the game to life when I couldnt go, and when I could go we could get coverage north as far as silverstone, south as far as bournemouth, m25 to the east and swindon to the west.

Even when we were on sky, the cr*p ill informed tv commentary would go off to be replaced with the antics and knowledge of Tim and Joel.

This is an appalling decision that I predict RFC will rue the day that they made.

I guess the only consolation is that the woeful commentary will be heard by far less people.

A black day for fans.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 20 Jul 2006 21:55

Gutted. :evil:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Jul 2006 22:05

Nigel Howe - Seen yesterday leaving the 107 studio

Fox5

by Fox5 » 20 Jul 2006 22:19

Lieutenant Pigeon
MartinRdg
Platypuss How far away can you pick up 107? In the past I've been able to pick up RB from as far way as North London.

Good point - when going towards London on the M4, 107 starts to break up at Maidenhead.

quote]

I've had trouble picking up 107 in parts of Thatcham!

C.

cant get it in newbury at all

161 posts