New Home Shirt Revealed- edit - new stuff from page 7

367 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 30 Jul 2006 17:45

I saw the short sleeve version in the club shop yesterday, and I have to say it looked a lot better than the one in the press release. The way the hoops on the sleeves joined the rest of the shirt didn't look anywhere near as awkward and the different colour sleeves were not as noticable.

Mind you, apparently all STHs were meant to be sent a voucher to claim £5 off - I know I haven't received one yet.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jul 2006 17:52

Rev Algenon Stickleback H I saw the short sleeve version in the club shop yesterday, and I have to say it looked a lot better than the one in the press release. The way the hoops on the sleeves joined the rest of the shirt didn't look anywhere near as awkward and the different colour sleeves were not as noticable.

Mind you, apparently all STHs were meant to be sent a voucher to claim £5 off - I know I haven't received one yet.
I have received nothing , other than a text....................and I waved goodbye to my money back in May

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 30 Jul 2006 19:17

midlandadie Its ok apart from that stupid collar! the best shirt was the home one from are division 2 title winning team back in the nineties! when we had hoops all the way round!

I'm still really annoyed about this league rule about hoops/stripes. Can you imagine what would happen if the league suggested a rule whereby all names and numbers had to be written in white, so Spurs, Bolton, &c would have to change their traditional colours (or even to red, so that Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, &c would have to change their colours)? It just wouldn't happen. So why is it acceptable to make us, Newcastle, Shef United, &c have to change our traditional colours?

I know that reading names and numbers on shirts was a problem (and Reading were definitely one of the worst culprits), but this still feels like throwing the baby out with the bath water. We could just have used an outline colour, or printed the letters and numbers over a white background, or something.

Still, I'm sure the rule will fall into abeyance in a few years anyway; everything else does...

Bernals Dreads

by Bernals Dreads » 31 Jul 2006 13:19

Spot on rabidee!

Have Newcastle changed their kit to not having stripes on the back though? Only they had stripes on the back last year and I didn't think they were changing their home kit this term.

I don't see why us and other teams it affects can't have numbers and player names in a coloured panel on the back like we have done in the past.

Jay

by Jay » 31 Jul 2006 13:24

Bernals Dreads Spot on rabidee!

Have Newcastle changed their kit to not having stripes on the back though? Only they had stripes on the back last year and I didn't think they were changing their home kit this term.

I don't see why us and other teams it affects can't have numbers and player names in a coloured panel on the back like we have done in the past.

I thought S'land still had their stripes?!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 31 Jul 2006 13:47

Jay

I did a tour of St James Park a couple of weeks ago. The tour guide told us that the ruling re patches on the back of shirts applied only to EUFA games - and that Newcastle were having one strip for the Prem (with stripes at the back and red numbers) and one for Europe (with a patch). Interesting to see if he got it right.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 31 Jul 2006 13:50

Jay

I forget, what league are Sunderland in again?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Jul 2006 14:53

West Stand Man I did a tour of St James Park a couple of weeks ago. The tour guide told us that the ruling re patches on the back of shirts applied only to EUFA games - and that Newcastle were having one strip for the Prem (with stripes at the back and red numbers) and one for Europe (with a patch). Interesting to see if he got it right.

Maybe the club were really being really far-sighted last season, then?!...

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 31 Jul 2006 21:55

You could see the numbers when the numbers were red. I don't see the problem.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 01 Aug 2006 01:12

Farnborough Royal You could see the numbers when the numbers were red. I don't see the problem.

From a distance (and especially on telly), red against blue didn't always stand out. Remember back in the nineties, when we were pretty tight/cheap? You could see the blue and white underneath the very thinly-printed number. Anyway, this is a blanket rule, not one aimed specifically at us, or directly in response to us. I still think that it's an absurd over-reaction.

Telly calls the shots these days, though. Look at the world cup. How interested were FIFA that closing the roof would make the temperature inside of the stadium at ?Gelsenkirchen? 50 degrees? 'Player's safety and well-being are important concerns' they said; but they still thought that this was outweighed by the horrendous situation of forcing 2 billion people to watch a football match with... shadows on the pitch!!! How we ever got through the Paraguay game, playing with irregular shadows on the grass, I will just never know...

Jay

by Jay » 01 Aug 2006 10:23

Rawlie19
Jay

I forget, what league are Sunderland in again?

But isn't their kit the same kit they wore last season?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 01 Aug 2006 11:13

Last season the rule didn't apply. It was being brought in for this season, which was why we had the patch added to our kit incase of promotion last season... Oh, wait... So why do we have a new kit again?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 01 Aug 2006 11:40

JC
Harold
SpaceCruiser
Harold The real hoops

What is on the back, though?

Looks like it's hoops all round Spacey. You can just see the seam on the side of the shirt....

Plain blue backs, but the back of the sleeves are white.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 19,00.html

Er.......we were talking about the QPR shirt.......

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 05 Aug 2006 08:03

So have we all had out discount vouchers for both shirt and book yet??? Or will that work out to be another farce like last summer's money off deals with some local businesses?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 05 Aug 2006 08:19

Alan Titchmarsh So have we all had out discount vouchers for both shirt and book yet??? Or will that work out to be another farce like last summer's money off deals with some local businesses?

All in the shirt and voucher thread :wink:

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 62,00.html

"The Madejski Stadium Megastore was this morning inundated with season ticket holders eager to get their hands on the new Premiership home shirt.

The shirt goes on general sale at 9am on Saturday 12th August - only season ticket holders can purchase before this time.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the childrens home shirt will not be available until 9am on Saturday 5th August.

Also, the ladies, goalkeepers and baby kit will not be available until 9am on Friday 11th August. However, season ticket holders wishing to purchase these shirts can do so in store, or with the pre-order forms being sent out. The items will be sent out with no postage costs.

Season ticket holders can obtain a £5 discount until 6pm on Saturday 12th August. Season ticket holders who have not yet received their voucher can still obtain the discount by preseting their season ticket card.

Because of the high level of interest, we would recommend that season ticket holders try to come later in the week to avoid the rush.

It is not necessary to visit in person in order to receive your discount - a mail order form is enclosed with the vouchers that are being sent out. The voucher must be received by the Megastore before 12th August.

Full opening hours for the next week are as follows:

Friday 4th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Saturday 5th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Sunday 6th August - 10am to 4pm
Monday 7th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Tuesday 8th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Wednesday 9th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Thursday 10th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Friday 11th August - 9am to 5:30pm
Saturday 12th August - 9am to 3pm then 4:45pm to 6pm.

Yearbook vouchers
As well as the £5 home shirt voucher, season ticket holders will also receive a voucher to pick up their free 2006/7 official yearbook.

This voucher can be redeemed from 12pm on Saturday 19th August onwards. It is anticipated that on this first redemption date you will be able to pick up your book from both the Megastore and also the merchandise unit outside the north stand before the game.

After the game, and from Sunday 20th August onwards, yearbooks can be picked up from the Megastore only."

HTH

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 05 Aug 2006 18:08

Rev Algenon Stickleback H I saw the short sleeve version in the club shop yesterday, and I have to say it looked a lot better than the one in the press release. The way the hoops on the sleeves joined the rest of the shirt didn't look anywhere near as awkward and the different colour sleeves were not as noticable.

Having gone in today I noticed that the "neater version" on display, where the hoops on the sleeves join up with the hoops on the front, only appears to exist for one size. The rest all look as shoody as before. I didn't bother buying it in the end. The big blue back panel also looks awful unless you put a name and number on it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Aug 2006 19:12

Having gone in today I noticed that the "neater version" on display, where the hoops on the sleeves join up with the hoops on the front, only appears to exist for one size. The rest all look as shoody as before. I didn't bother buying it in the end. The big blue back panel also looks awful unless you put a name and number on it.

My kids made the same comment so a smart marketing move there!

reading98

by reading98 » 05 Aug 2006 21:29

rfcfan13 The club sent out some trial versions of the new strip.

It took a while, but in the end I feel it was worthwhile. Only problem was that they sent out the wrong colour thread, it should infact be blue.

I should add that the club have informed me that the Puma transfers are to be sent out at a later date.

How did you know what the stiching would be like this was posted over a month ago and is almost spot on what the shirt looks like. Club must of seen the thread and thought that looks good not!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 05 Aug 2006 22:58

I got mine today.... with my name on back :D

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Aug 2006 14:16

reading98
rfcfan13 The club sent out some trial versions of the new strip.

It took a while, but in the end I feel it was worthwhile. Only problem was that they sent out the wrong colour thread, it should infact be blue.

I should add that the club have informed me that the Puma transfers are to be sent out at a later date.

How did you know what the stiching would be like this was posted over a month ago and is almost spot on what the shirt looks like. Club must of seen the thread and thought that looks good not!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judging by the serious quality problems now being experienced, looks like they also employed rfcfan13 to make them!!

367 posts