Unbelievable

Mummy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Unbelievable

by Mummy » 09 Aug 2006 20:54

Out of the blue RFC have taken £90.85 from our bank account.

I queried it with Customer Services who suggested I rang the Ticket Office at 7p per minute. Instead I e mailed telling them that our 4 season tickets were paid in full and asked for an explanation.

It is obviously 2 monthly instalments for adult season tickets taken from our account in error.

They have replied asking for a copy of my statement !!!!!

This is all on top of a previous c0ck up where they renewed 3 of our season tickets correctly and 1 wrong. They had sold our seat during movers week.They did correct that error after a fight but I received no apology of course.

Is there no limit to their incompetance ?

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 09 Aug 2006 21:28

What you moaning about that for!? I'm told you spend more than that a week on fags.

bre

by bre » 09 Aug 2006 22:58

I am a bit worried now as I paid in full but when I check my online account it has the following:

01/08/2006 Month 2 Pre Payment EA/Y21/BB/0xxx Reserved

They haven't taken any money from my account as yet, but will be keeping an eye on it

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 09 Aug 2006 23:09

bre I am a bit worried now as I paid in full but when I check my online account it has the following:

They haven't taken any money from my account as yet, but will be keeping an eye on it

I have that too. I am reliably informed that it is nothing to worry about and to just ignore it.

bre

by bre » 09 Aug 2006 23:15

bre wrote:
I am a bit worried now as I paid in full but when I check my online account it has the following:

I have that too. I am reliably informed that it is nothing to worry about and to just ignore it.

Judging by the above comment and others on here I don't know if i trust them not to take more money due to their incompetance

Will just have to wait and see I suppose

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 10 Aug 2006 08:17

I had EXACTLY the same problem. Did you use the MS Word form downloaded from the official site? If you print it, the boxes to tick (Yes/No) for the Six month payment option become corrupted resulting in me thinking I had ticked the NO box when in fact I had ticked the YES box.

I am in dispute with the club right now and will be dropping by the ticket office tomorrow.
Yesterday, Boyd Butler wrote:

"From: "Boyd Butler" <bbutler@READINGFC.co.uk> Add to Address Book
To: Cheeryoleary

Thanks.

I will print off this email and take it to the sales centre for you.

Boyd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 09 August 2006 11:55
To: Boyd Butler
Subject: Season ticket purchase member xxx

Dear Sales Centre Manager and Boyd Butler,

I visited the sales centre last Friday and made the following agreement:

As a goodwill gesture, which I thank you for, you would remove me from the monthly payment scheme, refund monies taken from my credit card, and debit GBP 565 as payment for my season ticket.

Yesterday, I received my credit card statement. I've scanned and attached it.

The statement shows a debit of GBP 565 dated the 4th of August as agreed however it does not include refunds of GBP 90.85 (26/07) and GBP 90.83 (02/08)

You have failed to credit my account as agreed.

I want to keep things amicable because I support the club and your business, however this is causing me a headache. The reason I wanted to pay GBP 565 up front is so I didn't have to account for multiple transactions on my credit card. I also wanted you to have the money all in one go so that you could reinvest it into the club during the Summer.

Please would you let me know what actions will be taken within the next 24 hours. I realise this is a short deadline however I have been in contact with you since the 26th of July trying to fix this problem.

I've not received great customer service.

Thank you"

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 10 Aug 2006 08:20

Feel free to check your statements today and post the information here.... I'll print a copy of this thread and take it with me when I visit the ticket office tomorrow.

Cheers then

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 11:55

I'm paying for my season ticket slowly over the next few months with no problem at all.

HTH

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 10 Aug 2006 12:28

bre I am a bit worried now as I paid in full but when I check my online account it has the following:

I had the following :

01/08/2006 Month 2 Pre Payment EA/Y22/Y/0126 Reserved

03/07/2006 test- not for sale EA/Y22/Y/0126 Reserved

The club told me that is normal and would disappear in time ! What a complete and utter joke the admin side of the club is.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2006 12:48

Not a man of many words is Mr Butler :roll:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 13:03

Royal Lady Not a man of many words is Mr Butler :roll:

Dead right there.

HereWeCome

by HereWeCome » 10 Aug 2006 14:29

Renewed my season ticket clearly as an adult (i had 16-21 ticket last year) but the club put it through as a 16-21!! i have now been contacted by the club to say that they have taken the extra money out of my account. Obviously, i should have been paying the higher amonut anyway so the money isnt a problem just the fact that i thought the money had gone and now another 60 quid has gone!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2006 14:47

let's hope they updated your card to reflect this then, or when you go through the turnstile and it flashes up concession and they check your details - you'll be out on your ear! :roll:

HereWeCome

by HereWeCome » 10 Aug 2006 16:07

I know, that was my main worry, i can see that happening on saturday and i'll have to listen to the feyornord game from outside!! Lets hope a season in the Premiership with all the money they are getting from our season tickets, the club can finally improve things with the ticket office.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 16:10

HereWeCome I know, that was my main worry, i can see that happening on saturday and i'll have to listen to the feyornord game from outside!! Lets hope a season in the Premiership with all the money they are getting from our season tickets, the club can finally improve things with the ticket office.

I know for sure that the Magastore is being extended and will leave more space for the ticket office.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 10 Aug 2006 16:52

Just been up the t/o and have to say I'm not impressed with the "improvements".
Gone are the barriers leading to the "next available customer" system - replaced by individual windows at which to form queues. I'm sure this can only lead to more frustration when you find yourself the in queue that isn't moving!

As an aside there was a lady in front whose name had been spelt/designated wrong on her season ticket. She was told that, because it will still work OK, she would have to pay a tenner to get it corrected and that this was "club policy". It was proven that the mistake was in the printing not of her making. When the problem was escalated up the chain the club climbed down. Another example of shining customer service :roll:

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 10 Aug 2006 17:28

Chin up..... if we get any injuries on the pitch, perhaps we can use the ticket office staff. It seems that their immediate response to any approach is......

DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 10 Aug 2006 19:58

As an aside there was a lady in front whose name had been spelt/designated wrong on her season ticket.

Yes she was in front of me .... the club had printed "ms" on her card and infact she was a doctor , she said she didnt want to be mistaken for a lesbian ( ?!?! ) and wanted her correct title in front of her name ( Dr. i presume )

Only at RFC .... made me chuckle though

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 10 Aug 2006 20:08

Royal Monk

As an aside there was a lady in front whose name had been spelt/designated wrong on her season ticket.

Yes she was in front of me .... the club had printed "ms" on her card and infact she was a doctor , she said she didnt want to be mistaken for a lesbian ( ?!?! ) and wanted her correct title in front of her name ( Dr. i presume )

That sounds like a LOL moment. :lol:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 10 Aug 2006 23:05

Royal Monk

That's the one. She said it took her 7 hard years at uni to earn the right to call herself doctor.