Rugger Bugger adverts on OUR pitch

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rugger Bugger adverts on OUR pitch

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 16:53

I've just read this bit on the iBerkshire (Reading Chronicle) website:

London Irish is currently in talks with the club about possible advertisements being painted on the pitch this term. They are designed to be mowed away in two days.

I don't see why we should accomodate them in this. We already have to put up with the embarrassing sight of lines for the rugby pitch still being visible during football games.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Aug 2006 17:00

If they are mowed away after 2 days then what's the problem?

Tinrib

Re: Rugger Bugger adverts on OUR pitch

by Tinrib » 10 Aug 2006 17:03

SpaceCruiser I've just read this bit on the iBerkshire (Reading Chronicle) website:

London Irish is currently in talks with the club about possible advertisements being painted on the pitch this term. They are designed to be mowed away in two days.

I don't see why we should accomodate them in this. We already have to put up with the embarrassing sight of lines for the rugby pitch still being visible during football games.

How are you going to cope Spacey??

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 17:03

You have to wonder why they can't do the same for those rugby pitch lines.

And does the grass grow fast enough for them to be able to mow the area, where the advert will be, regularly?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Aug 2006 17:31

SpaceCruiser You have to wonder why they can't do the same for those rugby pitch lines.

And does the grass grow fast enough for them to be able to mow the area, where the advert will be, regularly?

It would appear so, they so mow the grass pretty much daily at football stadiums.

The lines are painted on so whilst washed away they will be visible slightly longer. A small problem given the money that LI give us.

Readings_Fair_City

by Readings_Fair_City » 10 Aug 2006 17:32

they have always had the guiness logos on the half way line at games

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Aug 2006 18:21

I think the lines marking territory are just painted over in green rather than removed so that it is easier to re-draw them in when needed. Then there is no need to keep measuring all the time. The same happens when they put the rugger lines on, they then green out the football ones.

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 11 Aug 2006 08:51

If it wasn't for the money they pay us for renting our facilities I'd say cancel the deal and get the paddy's to play in London as they should.

They're called LONDON Irish, not Reading Irish!!

OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT.............. :lol:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Aug 2006 09:11

Spacey why are you so intolerant?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2006 09:22

Reading Til I Die If it wasn't for the money they pay us for renting our facilities I'd say cancel the deal and get the paddy's to play in London as they should.

Yea. If they changed their name I'd be much more accommodating.

bassavage

by bassavage » 11 Aug 2006 09:29

Not that many turn up anyway so what's the point in painting adverts on?

Average attendance last year: 10,956 and it's only that high because of the St Patrick's Day game. That's only 45% of the Mad Stad full. They don't own the ground and the ground was built primarily for football, now there's Premiership football then I would personally kick them out but if they do stay then it's a definite no go for painting adverts on the pitch.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 11 Aug 2006 09:54

Reading Til I Die If it wasn't for the money they pay us for renting our facilities I'd say cancel the deal and get the paddy's to play in London as they should.

they don't even pay us that much seem to recall an article saying it was £500k for the season thats alot of money to me and you but to rfc, i dont think its worth it, no doubt someone will now go to great lengths to decribe why its worth it ro Reading :roll:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2006 10:18

I think London Irish have the biggest attendences in their league don't they?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Aug 2006 10:45

Drew_3

they don't even pay us that much seem to recall an article saying it was £500k for the season thats alot of money to me and you but to rfc, i dont think its worth it, no doubt someone will now go to great lengths to decribe why its worth it ro Reading :roll:

500k for doing nothing other than paint a few other lines and put different goal posts up. Easy money and not to be sniffed at

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Aug 2006 11:28

Huntley & Palmer
Drew_3

500k for doing nothing other than paint a few other lines and put different goal posts up. Easy money and not to be sniffed at

Exactly and £500k is a lot of money to RFC as they are still in debt. Don't forget the club also get a lot of money from the take over the bars/food stalls.

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 11 Aug 2006 11:39

Still feels like we've got squatters!! :lol:

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1